Hello, i have a blackberry curve 8310 with att, no insurance plan. today i was listening to music and had my headphones on, i went in my room, this is going to sound ridicilous, i took it out my sweatshirt pocket and i tripped phone in hand, let go in mid air(instinct) and it fell on my bed. the trackball came out and i can't find it, also the phone is going bezerk the buttons magically feel sticky. I dont know what to do, i can get called, but i cant answer the backlight randomly goes on, i pulled the battery restarted, i dont know what its doing, i bouhgt it in october so it hasnt even been a year. I dont know what to do all the support on blackberrys site is software. Im stuck with a $200 paper weight with no trackball and inability to navigate, make or pick up calls
    02-19-09 01:14 PM
    Oh wow I am sorry you're going through this why didn't you opt for insurance it would have made this situation so much easier for you... Your phone landed on the bed right? Why did the track ball come out? I think you're problem can probably be fixed by locating your track ball and putting it back in at least if you did that and it didn't work you can still take it back to at&t and you should be covered under your one year manufacturers warranty... Good luck and my advice add insurance because you'll never know when you need it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 01:35 PM
    Oh wow I am sorry you're going through this why didn't you opt for insurance it would have made this situation so much easier for you... Your phone landed on the bed right? Why did the track ball come out? I think you're problem can probably be fixed by locating your track ball and putting it back in at least if you did that and it didn't work you can still take it back to at&t and you should be covered under your one year manufacturers warranty... Good luck and my advice add insurance because you'll never know when you need it

yeah, i stil haven't found it, it fell on a folder, not even that hard. I've never dropped it before, would att replace my trackball and my buttons that are going crazy, the thing has never seen water, i looked at the water indicator things, the battery is a little blurred but every little X is seperate from each other, and the thing on the phone is like regular white paper, it's not red at all, i had another phone from verizon, it fell in a tub full of lettuce, where i work, it broke and it was fully red, so it cant even be water damage, it was the lightest fall, im honestly pissed at this thing, i'm probably getting an iphone if this doesnt get fixed, no ones iphone broke so far.
    02-19-09 03:39 PM
    Well I would say just search for it then when you find the track ball take it in to the at&t store without telling them you tripped and it flew out your hand of course seeing as how you don't have insurance tell them you turned your phone off and when you turned it back on you noticed all these different changes and you know that you're covered under your one year manufacturers warranty so you are hoping you can exchange the phone for another one because you need your phone for business related purposes even if that isn't the case they aren't going to call you a liar unless the phone is visibly broken (meaning unless its obvious you dropped it and as a result the damages were done by you not by the phone malfunctioning) again good luck

02-19-09 07:12 PM
    Oh and I think the only way any carrier replaces parts broken or lost on a phone is if you're covered by insurance so I doubt they will just hand you a new track ball or replace any keys that are going crazy on the phone. I know that at some point people see insurance as 8 dollars less a month on their phone bill but in situations such as this you see how it can be important right? Find out if there is anyway you can add insurance and just so you know an iphone is way more sensitive than a blackberry... Put a little thought into it before you make that leap.

02-19-09 07:22 PM
    You could always order a trackball and keyboard and replace them yourself, its not too difficult.
    02-19-09 07:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD