Well, I've never been one to not speak my mind, so here it goes.

I will miss Belfast on the forum. He made some great posts and was a staunch BB defender. Got a bit hot headed and said for someone to F OFF and that is not acceptable, therefore, the week's ban.

On the invitation of another forum member for whom I have a great deal of respect, I visited that other forum where a group of the banned members have gathered, before and after their bans here. What I witnessed there was shameful...posting their ban notices, giving away personal information of members who were not there, insulting members who were not there, maligning CB, admitting they were actively recruiting people away from CB, and most troubling of all, admin who did not stop this deplorable behaviour until asked by admins here. They claimed to want to talk only of Blackberries, yet have opened no less than three threads to malign CB, CB members, admin at CB, and mods. The most vile, disgusting behaviour I have seen. The only thing I can think of to call it is trailer trash.

I did not join that site. Nor will I. I have no respect for the people who have posted those insults and will not want to be thought of as "one of the CB members" who came in on that group.

Most disturbing....I see people there maligning CB then posting here. People here who have received accolades and respect here. And then they insult CB and its members. All over a piece of plastic. Shameful, distasteful behaviour.

I will miss Belfast, but he's one in a handful of members who is on my BBM list. We're in touch.
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 07-15-12 at 07:49 AM.
    07-15-12 07:15 AM
    ps: While i like the site and quality of the articles of the new forum you're migrating to, their forum software is a total joke. (<= my personal opinion)
    Growing pains happen with anything. Some people are more interested in the quality of content of forums and that they cater to the user base then how that content is rendered on your screen. Personally I think every single positive RIM or Blackberry thread getting derailed by the same people every day is a bigger joke.
    kbz1960, Chaddface and bungaboy like this.
    07-15-12 07:28 AM

I will miss Belfast on the forum. He made some great posts and was a staunch BB defender. Got a bit hot headed and said for someone to F OFF and that is not acceptable, therefore, the week's ban.

On the invitation of another forum member for whom I have a great deal of respect, I visited that other forum where a group of the banned members have gathered, before and after their bans here. What I witnessed there was shameful...posting their ban notices, giving away personal information of members who were not there, insulting members who were not there, maligning CB, admitting they were actively recruiting people away from CB, and most troubling of all, admin who did not stop this deplorable behaviour until asked by admins here. They claimed to want to talk only of Blackberries, yet have opened no less than three threads to malign CB, CB members, admin at CB, and mods. The most vile, disgusting behaviour I have seen. The only thing I can think of to call it is trailer trash.

I did not join that site. Nor will I. I have no respect for the people who have posted those insults and will not want to be thought of as "one of the CB members.

Most disturbing....I see people there maligning CB then posting here. People here who have received accolades and respect here. And then they insult CB and its members. All over a piece of plastic. Shameful, distasteful behaviour.

I will miss Belfast, but he's one in a handful of members who is on my BBM list. We're in touch.
    Hi QB how about PM'ing me some links to these threads on the other place I just joined. I haven't looked around much yet but so far I'm not seeing it.

Thanks
    07-15-12 07:33 AM
    Hi QB how about PM'ing me some links to these threads on the other place I just joined. I haven't looked around much yet but so far I'm not seeing it.

Thanks
    Done. On your PM.
    07-15-12 07:47 AM

I did not join that site. Nor will I. I have no respect for the people who have posted those insults and will not want to be thought of as "one of the CB members.

Actually I just sauntered over there and joined in as I saw a lot of good members there who are either banned from here or have deliberately reduced their post frequency here.
    You must have gone there much earlier than I did as I missed the whole bashfest against CB or current members here. I guess it must have been limited to one particular thread.
    TBH, CB forums are a bit of an addiction for me and it's close to the two year mark since I joined. In that time, I have had a few infractions handed down, some deserved and some not so much. Personally I haven't had much occasion to claim I was treated unfairly.
    Only thing is that with so many of regulars and active people being banned the forums are wearing a deserted look these days. Those guys were fun, active and had opinions worth reading. Yes sometimes they went over the top, but if you look at most threads here there is ample provocation from the usual baiters. Not a single positive thread is left alone. I just stopped posting in those threads to avoid conflict and risk the Mods' wrath on me. And once I got in that zen place where I was able to stay away from the baiters, I found that there weren't many threads I could really contribute to.

I'm not advocating people abandoning CB etc. I'm addicted too much to this site. But its the BB lovers who make this fun, not the haters.

Closing thoughts: I would like to say again that I don't a claim of being treated unfairly by mods personally and truly believe that the mods here are not carrying out personal vendettas.
    There is however, a case for introspection to be done by the mods and management. When so many old and highly active members are receiving permanents bans and mostly because they let themselves being caught up by the baiters who are still around and kicking up a s*it Storm (no pun intended ), there is a definite need to look at the issue in a different manner. Remove the cause, not the effect.
    Without the old regulars, this place will definitely be a much poorer forum.
    07-15-12 07:53 AM
    Actually I just sauntered over there and joined in as I saw a lot of good members there who are either banned from here or have deliberately reduced their post frequency here.
    You must have gone there much earlier than I did as I missed the whole bashfest against CB or current members here. I guess it must have been limited to one particular thread.
    TBH, CB forums are a bit of an addiction for me and it's close to the two year mark since I joined. In that time, I have had a few infractions handed down, some deserved and some not so much. Personally I haven't had much occasion to claim I was treated unfairly.
    Only thing is that with so many of regulars and active people being banned the forums are wearing a deserted look these days. Those guys were fun, active and had opinions worth reading. Yes sometimes they went over the top, but if you look at most threads here there is ample provocation from the usual baiters. Not a single positive thread is left alone. I just stopped posting in those threads to avoid conflict and risk the Mods' wrath on me. And once I got in that zen place where I was able to stay away from the baiters, I found that there weren't many threads I could really contribute to.

I'm not advocating people abandoning CB etc. I'm addicted too much to this site. But its the BB lovers who make this fun, not the haters.

Closing thoughts: I would like to say again that I don't a claim of being treated unfairly by mods personally and truly believe that the mods here are not carrying out personal vendettas.
    There is however, a case for introspection to be done by the mods and management. When so many old and highly active members are receiving permanents bans and mostly because they let themselves being caught up by the baiters who are still around and kicking up a s*it Storm (no pun intended ), there is a definite need to look at the issue in a different manner. Remove the cause, not the effect.
    Check your PM.

I won't speak publicly against any particular member. I've got more integrity than they do. I can say that I will miss Belfast and leave it there.

As far as the forums, may I offer the idea that trolls exist both anti and pro BB. And I will leave THAT as such. I find CB just as engaging today as it ever was. My enjoyment of the site is not dependent on every member; rather, on a select few. If I disagree, I say so. But I know I will not change anyone therefore I don't try.

There are a lot of other things more important in my life. Love, family, friends, my animals. CB and BB are addictions, but not causes.
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 07-15-12 at 08:06 AM.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    07-15-12 07:56 AM
    Thanks qb but I can't reply to you until you remove some stuff lol.
    07-15-12 08:36 AM
    Thanks qb but I can't reply to you until you remove some stuff lol.
    Yeah my inbox exploded!!!

Go ahead.

BTW...got to run....late for church...and Episcopalians are fairly easy going, but late three Sundays might be pushing Reverend Julie's patience
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 07-15-12 at 08:46 AM.
    07-15-12 08:39 AM
    Growing pains happen with anything. Some people are more interested in the quality of content of forums and that they cater to the user base then how that content is rendered on your screen. Personally I think every single positive RIM or Blackberry thread getting derailed by the same people every day is a bigger joke.
    This comes down to a mere moderating issue than anything else. As I said before, the mod team on CB should get a bit more aggressive getting out the bad apples but this is an entire internal discussion for the mods team.

And your argument is rather invalid, if the content isn't rendered properly on screen the entire upset of delivering quality content would be in vain as no user would read it. I've seen and posted on enough forums to categorize this as an amateur's attempt at a forum. While the content on it might be of good quality, the software delivering it is horrendous.

I do sympathize that they use vanillaforums, as it's hassle free and allows for deep customization so it looks like it's integrated in the site, but is this really necessary? I would suggest the owners of the site to ditch vanillaforums and go for a "local hosted" solution like phpBB or Vbulletin as they are not only superior in usage but also in features. Of course this would mean having an admin that can work with this software.

But enough about that i'm not here to tell you how to run a site, i'm here cause i can't help but feel that this thread was made just to spark negative discussion about CB and attract people to the other site...
    Last edited by wout000; 07-15-12 at 09:17 AM.
    07-15-12 09:14 AM
    Without going into the detail of individuals, I am aware of very few permanent bans against long term members, and in each case they have stretched the patience and tolerance of the forum beyond reasonable limits. In at least one case there is no doubt the ex-member knew the rules, and the likely consequences of their actions - particularly when using the CP private message system to recruit others away and bad mouth the forums. Yes... we have our spies...

It is also fair to point out that some of the claims made in other forums for "permanent ban from CB" - or even any ban at all - have been untrue. Some members did get banned for short periods to concentrate their attention after repeated warnings failed to penetrate their awareness, but that is nothing new on any busy forum. Others were said to be having a contest to see who got banned first - and their wish for martyrdom was duly granted.

Dealing with trolls is like taking down drug dealers. The low life cannon-fodder are easy to find and keep making enough of an exhibition to attract frequent attention. The puppet masters hide in the background, and take considerably more effort to identify and find proof before we can act against them. That leaves the resource limited moderators and forum managers with a problem - do we act against the cannon fodder who are rioting in the streets, or do we let them trash the forums while we put our effort into trying to nail the masterminds. If we let the fight continue it could make the site unusable within a short period, so we deal with the most visible problem first.
    07-15-12 09:18 AM
    You should try to utilize the Ignore List more. I've added 3 to mine just from this thread...

Hope you reconsider.
    It is unfortunate that serious and long time supporters are forced to use an ignore feature while the haters and trashers wreck havoc mostly unscatherd.
    07-15-12 09:20 AM

I did not join that site. Nor will I. I have no respect for the people who have posted those insults and will not want to be thought of as "one of the CB members" who came in on that group.

THANK YOU. I sent a message to the mods there requesting my name be removed since a former member has continued his vendetta against me there and heard nothing and my name is still there, and what's sad is that a highly respected member here has now sent a message on my behalf to remove it. I said it to him but he should not have to apologize for the behavior of others who have the character of a Jerry Springer guest. The thread in particular you are referring to is extremely mean spirited, but we are the evil bad guys, and the devil according to the banned posters. Okay. And yeah, that's the type of people who are doing the maligning. Not to mention bragging about coming back here under other posting names to cause trouble.

So forgive me if I'm not throwing a parade in their honour.

If anyone is claiming those threads don't exist or they haven't seen it, they haven't looked hard enough.

Sorry for the rant but this type of martyr thread irks me considering I saw the behavior over there towards posters and mods here.

Sent from mah brainzzzzz via Galaxy S III and Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by reeneebob; 07-15-12 at 09:35 AM.
    07-15-12 09:31 AM
    I do sympathize that they use vanillaforums, as it's hassle free and allows for deep customization so it looks like it's integrated in the site, but is this really necessary? I would suggest the owners of the site to ditch vanillaforums and go for a "local hosted" solution like phpBB or Vbulletin as they are not only superior in usage but also in features. Of course this would mean having an admin that can work with this software.

But enough about that i'm not here to tell you how to run a site, i'm here cause i can't help but feel that this thread was made just to spark negative discussion about CB and attract people to the other site...
    Well to be fair to that site, with less than 500 members and 350 threads/3000 posts they probably cant justify the cost and time to set up. Maybe IF the site gains critical mass it will move higher in the priorities. I wish the admins luck in dealing with our bad apples, I hope they can be persuaded to improve their online behavior!
    reeneebob likes this.
    07-15-12 09:32 AM
    As far as the forums, may I offer the idea that trolls exist both anti and pro BB. And I will leave THAT as such.
    This, this, and so much this.

Belfast, I'll see you on yahoo and hopefully bbm once again. I'll miss our...erm...disagreements here though .
    07-15-12 09:47 AM
    I hear you man mad negativity on cb
    07-15-12 09:53 AM
    A week's ban from this place made me realize what a bad place these forums have become for a true BlackBerry fan, nothing but constant fights and arguments with people that don't even own a BB anymore.

So it's time for me to exit (I will still be following the Crackberry blogs)

It hasn't been all bad, I had some fun too here, but it's definitely a goodbye from me.

BelfastDispatcher out.
    Sad. Peace out brother
    07-15-12 10:10 AM
    In the great words of Jackie Moon.

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!!!!!!

07-15-12 10:12 AM

There was some of that in one thread...but didn't you just do the exact same thing in posting this?
    07-15-12 10:21 AM
    While I advocate your right to post freely (within the rules) on whatever board you see fit, I can't help but take your obvious resentment towards this board into account every time a post on CB is made by any of you (if any at all) publicly bashing it in this thread.
    07-15-12 10:41 AM
    There was some of that in one thread...but didn't you just do the exact same thing in posting this?

Aside from Belfast, wishing him well, whom did I name?

Whose private posts did I publish?

Where did I claim victimisation?

No, I spoke my mind and kept names and private communications out.

And look again. More than one thread.
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 07-15-12 at 11:04 AM.
    07-15-12 11:02 AM
    Can we get back on track here folks? If you want to say your goodbyes to Belfast, great, otherwise, can we just let it go?
    Toodeurep and anon(1464249) like this.
    07-15-12 11:04 AM
    Aside from Belfast, wishing him well, whom did I name?

Whose private posts did I publish?

Where did I claim victimisation?

No, I spoke my mind and kept names and private communications out.
    Ok, but you negated an entire forum for one thread and did so publicly. I don't want to get into a back and forth but I just found your post ironic.
    07-15-12 11:07 AM
    Can we get back on track here folks? If you want to say your goodbyes to Belfast, great, otherwise, can we just let it go?
    Sorry pk, I'm walking away.
    07-15-12 11:09 AM
73 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD