I have mistreated RootBrian. I know him to be a very nice person, yet have ridiculed him as a post-count-***** though I never used those words. I am sorry. He has always been kind to folks on the forum whereas I have not. I need work in this area. Not just in the forums but in real life as well.

He reminds me of a fellow that I work with. Keith will often say something that someone else has said as if he knew it all along and I used to think that was rather puzzling, as if it made him look foolish somehow. I still liked him, but somehow in my mind I found myself feeling "superior" because I in no way tended to seek approval the way I felt he did. Ouch. What an ***** I am ever to feel superior to anyone.

Can I share with you what turned my heart in a major way toward Keith? My wife and I took this test offered by Gallup Polls called Strengths 2.0. It was a pretty cool deal, as it helps you realize and capitalize on your strengths, whereas all through school it seems like they want to identify your weaknesses and attack them instead. Here are the strengths that they identified for me:

Achiever
    Connectedness
    Belief
    Relator
    Includer
    Strategic

Well, to make a longer story only just long, one night at work I was sharing with Keith about the test and what my results were. I noticed that when I came to "includer," that Keith seemed especially interested in that one. Wow, a light went on with me. I could see that my friend just wanted to feel a part of the whole, and I could certainly respect that. I told him, "Yeah, no man left behind! We're all part of the body of Christ." And I could see how he just lit up with that. From that moment on, my relationship with Keith was transformed. I understood him, and I also understood a lot more about just who was to be esteemed as superior after all.

So I'll say it again, I am sorry for mistreating RB. I am coming around to realizing that he may be someone not too different from my good friend Keith. And like we all should be more of. Will I mistreat him again? Goodness, I hope not, Lord please help me with that. Keith has been completely safe with me since I came to know him that day. Will I poke gentle good-spirited fun at RB for an abundance of posting? No guarantees about that, as I know I can fall and hopefully would just get back up and dust myself off. I am human, and, hey, he does post a lot!!! lol Proverbs 10:19 And I am guilty as well. I know that. Lord, help us all.

So here is my public apology to RootBrian. I am truly sorry for my unkindness.

David
    Last edited by OhmEye; 12-11-10 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Because I'm basically an ***** and usually can't get it right the first time.
    12-11-10 07:43 AM
    Apology accepted.

I do hope the flamers, the ones who say my posts are "pointless" learn from their mistakes, as we all are still learning, regardless of IT to expert to advanced to intermediate to beginner or newbie status on tech/web-savvyness/device/os/forum experience. Respect should be everywhere. I haven't disrespected anybody on any forum/web/site in my life and if I did, I would apologise.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-10 07:51 AM
    ++++++1 OhmEye

OhmEye likes this.
    12-11-10 08:02 AM
    I, for one, would love to see these forums become more civil. crackberry.com could be a lot less scary for newcomers for sure! I know we are for the most part all family here, but I sometimes wonder what the people think when they fall in during a google search. I am part of the problem. I want to knock that ******* off. I need help. Thanks for bearing with me.
    12-11-10 08:02 AM
    It's not easy to be polite. It takes extraordinary restraint, and it certainly does not come naturally to me. But it is rewarding when I make the effort.
    12-11-10 08:05 AM
    I've also ribbed Brian over his stunning amount of posts but at no time did I mean to be nasty or malicious. Just light hearted fun. Hope you took it in the manner it was meant Brian. Your suggestions on here have helped on many occasions. Thanks.

12-11-10 08:21 AM
    Thank you as that was so kind of you. RootBrian has always been so kind and helpful to me and others. He always get me out of a hole that I have put myself in. Even when he took a few days of vacation, I was still able to get help from him. Crackberry Forums used to be so informative and so very fun. I was truly addicted. A lot of the older members and mods have moved on either to other platforms, devices and they no longer help CB followers out. But RootBrian has stayed around to help us out. Thanks for the humble and heartfelt apology. I wish I could meet more people like you. I'm always looking for new friends. My name is Val and I'm a blackberry addict. Looking for BBM friends just like RootBrian. My pin is 327C7BC7. Hit me up?

OhmEye likes this.
    12-11-10 08:32 AM
    I've also ribbed Brian over his stunning amount of posts but at no time did I mean to be nasty or malicious. Just light hearted fun. Hope you took it in the manner it was meant Brian. Your suggestions on here have helped on many occasions. Thanks.

I don't take everything seriously on here that often at all, I love the fun too, I even poked fun at some flamers to hose 'em and we all had a good laugh

JRF_1986 likes this.
    12-11-10 08:51 AM
    As long as EVERYONE'S enjoying it, that's what it's all about.
    12-11-10 08:55 AM
    Why not surprising someone would comment on the post count since the brain joined in May of this year and has over 4,012 of them.

Now that's some time and typing lol.
    12-11-10 09:13 AM
    Why not surprising someone would comment on the post count since the brain joined in May of this year and has over 4,012 of them.

Now that's some time and typing lol.
    Yuppers, not even a year and helping someone is always at my finger tips.

12-11-10 09:14 AM
    David, Brian: nicely given and received.
    OhmEye likes this.
    12-11-10 09:16 AM
    This was a very nice read. Two of my favorite members showing why they are true gentlemen. Kudos to you both.
    12-11-10 09:25 AM
    This was a pleasure to read. Im glad we can be honest with people when things get sketchy. I am very happy to see this issue resolved. Well done!
    12-11-10 09:34 AM
    I concur that it was pleasant to see. Brian, while a number of your early material was ^^+1 10char, it has been noted you are working to make a more detailed or informative post in recent history. That is the spirit, really working to give folks the information they need.

OhmEye, (which I say is a nicely creative screen name) thank you for making the threads a little more easy on the eyes today. That was nice of you to do.

12-11-10 09:41 AM
    I concur that it was pleasant to see. Brian, while a number of your early material was ^^+1 10char, it has been noted you are working to make a more detailed or informative post in recent history. That is the spirit, really working to give folks the information they need.

OhmEye, (which I say is a nicely creative screen name) thank you for making the threads a little more easy on the eyes today. That was nice of you to do.

From one trucker to another, thank you, --BK-- (zoom)!

Sequoia

(and all of you, though I don't for the life of me know why the "thanks" button is gone now. . .)
    Last edited by OhmEye; 12-11-10 at 10:14 AM. Reason: disappearing "thanks" button
    12-11-10 09:58 AM
    Yuppers, not even a year and helping someone is always at my finger tips.
    I've noticed that.
    12-11-10 10:01 AM
    Did I mention that I'm sorry, Brian? What a fool I have been. . .
    12-11-10 10:17 AM
    Well, I am disappointed in u root - u didn't ask the Mods to move this thread to �Apology� forum from 9700 forum.
    Lol

12-11-10 11:03 AM
    Well, I am disappointed in u root - u didn't ask the Mods to move this thread to �Apology� forum from 9700 forum.
    Lol
    You mean I have my own forum? I'd be all over that!
    12-11-10 11:08 AM
    Lol

Well, this could have been off-topic, but threads eventually get moved once the mods see and reply on their own time.

12-11-10 12:19 PM
    (and all of you, though I don't for the life of me know why the "thanks" button is gone now. . .)
    The button will show back up after a while. Not sure what the exact time frame is, but they put a limit on how many thanks you can give in a set time frame. This is to prevent people from setting up fake profiles and thanking themselves 100+++ times over night. (Referencing a now BANNED member!).

Great apology.

As for Brian, you know we will still "Pick on" ya when you do what we all do from time to time... post something really dumb! That's part of it.
    12-11-10 02:24 PM
    The button will show back up after a while. Not sure what the exact time frame is, but they put a limit on how many thanks you can give in a set time frame. This is to prevent people from setting up fake profiles and thanking themselves 100+++ times over night. (Referencing a now BANNED member!).

Great apology.

As for Brian, you know we will still "Pick on" ya when you do what we all do from time to time... post something really dumb! That's part of it.
    Just a few seconds ago I missed something very important and went back to edit the post. I forgot to mention DM lol

12-11-10 07:41 PM
    lol what is with you people and needing to make these public apologies?

unless you people actually know each other in real life...who cares...lol XDD
    paddygirl16 likes this.
    12-11-10 08:36 PM
    Good stuff here...I also sometimes need to check myself, I think a lot of us do..

12-11-10 08:43 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD