Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Healthcare Good Decision

5 35.71%
  • Its going to "Ruin" the Country

6 42.86%
  • I don't really care

3 21.43%
    How do you all feel about Healthcare passing. Is it a good or Bad thing.
    03-23-10 02:35 PM
    This oughta be good...
    03-23-10 02:39 PM
    Over/under 6 pages for thread lock.

Anyone?
    03-23-10 02:41 PM
    Under... WAY Under.
    03-23-10 02:41 PM
    Under for sure, I'd put $50 on it.
    03-23-10 02:42 PM
    How about 4 pages? Would you still go under?
    03-23-10 02:43 PM
    Ill go under.
    03-23-10 02:48 PM
    Overall, I'm going with bad. It's 2800 pages plus of stuff nobody has even bothered to read, not Congress, not the President, nobody. The reality is nobody has a clue what the ramifications of this will be and it'll take years to shake things out, all coming with an unGodly high price tag.

The Government has never improved or simplified anything. Not a thing. They just add red tape, complications and discourage competition.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-10 02:53 PM
    Overall, I'm going with bad. It's 2800 pages plus of stuff nobody has even bothered to read, not Congress, not the President, nobody. The reality is nobody has a clue what the ramifications of this will be and it'll take years to shake things out, all coming with an unGodly high price tag.

The Government has never improved or simplified anything. Not a thing. They just add red tape, complications and discourage competition.

Breed mass confusion and everyone falls in line and starts nodding.
    03-23-10 02:56 PM
    Good, but could have been better.
    03-23-10 02:56 PM
    Bad.

I have several family members who are in the medical field who were anti-this bill for one reason.

The wait to have anything done will be weeks/months long....

I hope the next president puts a highly modified version of this bill into place.

03-23-10 03:01 PM
    I have a very funny feeling in my tummy ....that surprisingly the thread will thrive.....but my post will not
    03-23-10 03:26 PM
    Welcome to a world where the poor and disadvantaged can finally get the care they need. Don't b!tch, you may need a helping hand someday...
    03-23-10 03:30 PM
    Don't be fooled, this will help nobody. Our tax rates will skyrocket and the level of innovation will likely drop since there will likely be less money in it, and the reality of it is these companies are in business to make money.

03-23-10 03:33 PM
    Can cite authoritative studies to this affect?
    Last edited by wnm; 03-23-10 at 03:38 PM.
    03-23-10 03:35 PM
    Unfortunately I don't know enough about this to make an informed decision.

BUT-

I think I know enough to make an informed decision to say that the pic that Missy Fesselmeyer posted is hilarious!

03-23-10 03:36 PM
    Our tax rates will go up reguardless, the IRS has what it takes, to take what you make...
    03-23-10 03:36 PM
    I'm gonna take a stab at it, and say that tax hikes = bad.

As a taxpayer, I don't like that. No, no.
    03-23-10 03:37 PM
    Our tax rates will go up reguardless, the IRS has what it takes, to take what you make...
    I smell a rap song...
    03-23-10 03:38 PM
    Welcome to a world where the poor and disadvantaged can finally get the care they need. Don't b!tch, you may need a helping hand someday...
    I'm with you.

At least it's a step in the right direction to improving our health care system.
    03-23-10 03:38 PM
    I'm with you.

At least it's a step in the right direction to improving our health care system.
    Agreed. Unfortunately, I doubt we will see anymore steps in that direction.
    03-23-10 03:41 PM
    Agreed. Unfortunately, I doubt we will see anymore steps in that direction.
    You got that right.

I'm seriously considering moving to Canada.

I don't care if I have to wait longer to see a doctor if I get cancer again, at least I'll actually be able to see one and not end up in thousands of dollars of debt....or dead before an insurance company decides if they wanna pay for treatment.
    03-23-10 03:43 PM
    While the government won't out and out ban things like sodas and fast food, they will tax them to the point that you won't be able to afford them. They will do that to anything they deem to be "unhealthy" in order to "control healthcare costs." The same will go for tobacco, and anything else that negatively affects your health. Read the book "This Perfect Day" by Ira Levin for the kind of world we are heading towards as of right now.

This goes beyond bad, to catastrophic.
    03-23-10 03:45 PM
    I don't agree either, but our taxes will continue to go up reguardless of this healthcare bill. The gov't always finds a way to get more money from you. If it's not this, it will be something else for them to take our money...
    03-23-10 03:46 PM
    While the government won't out and out ban things like sodas and fast food, they will tax them to the point that you won't be able to afford them. They will do that to anything they deem to be "unhealthy" in order to "control healthcare costs." The same will go for tobacco, and anything else that negatively affects your health. Read the book "This Perfect Day" by Ira Levin for the kind of world we are heading towards as of right now.

This goes beyond bad, to catastrophic.
    Are you saying they should be banned?
    03-23-10 03:47 PM
79 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD