Before the Blackberry I used to have those cellphones with 3 letters on each key. I hated texting on them so much I probably sent less than 200 sms a month.

These days I send far over 1000 SMS' a month, and mostly because I have 5000 free SMS' a month and because the Blackberry has made it so much easier for me to spam friends with (useless) text messages.
    04-08-11 03:41 PM
    definitely, texting is just too awesome with a bb not to do it !
    more emails, more sms, using messengers more (icq, msn, skype, facebookchat, etc etc etc)
    ur always available with a bb, love it : )
    04-08-11 03:48 PM
    Before my bb I would send about 100 txt's a month
    NOW. I bbm about 100 messages a day, if not more.
    Coworkers I used to call I fire off 10bbms a day to getting things done much quicker.

It is hard for me to think what it was like on my old window mobile phones when I used sms with maybe 2 people.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-11 04:33 PM
    No. If anything I text less. I use BBM the most. I use Yahoo Messenger or Gtalk to chat with iPhone/Android users.

SMS is only used with friends who still have dumbphones.

04-08-11 04:38 PM
    It don't matter for me but the BB keyboard sure seems to help.
    04-08-11 04:59 PM
  6. T
    Before the Blackberry I used to have those cellphones with 3 letters on each key. I hated texting on them so much I probably sent less than 200 sms a month.
    I've had my BlackBerry for quite a while now I never even thought about that. Pretty funny ...

04-08-11 06:09 PM
    Nope, I'll make a call 98% of the time first.
    04-08-11 06:38 PM
    Nope, I'll make a call 98% of the time first.
    That's messed up. Phones still make calls?! People actually verbalize their feelings and thoughts still?! Haha.

04-08-11 07:00 PM
    I went from about 300 texts a month to about 1700 text a month when I got my Curve 8520 and then the Torch. My wifes texting skyroketed to about 3300 a month. So my answer is yes obviously.

04-09-11 05:18 AM
    I text/bbm/im/email way more since I got my first blackberry. I keep my phone calls very brief unless there's something important.
    Definitely thanks to the qwerty physical keyboard.
    I would say my texting took a dive when I had the Storm2.

04-09-11 05:29 AM
    No. If anything I text less. I use BBM the most. I use Yahoo Messenger or Gtalk to chat with iPhone/Android users.

I think the OP refers to messaging vs making calls.

04-09-11 05:31 AM
    I think the OP refers to messaging vs making calls.

Could be that the OP is a BB-newb and hasn't yet opened the can of worms that is messengers, I remember when I first got a BB and was texting people more than messaging at first. I should probably mention here that yes, I did actually text more after getting a BB, until I got messengers installed and started using them.

I'm with L on this one, the only people I text have dumbphones. When I look at our account usage, my wife usually clears 900; I have less than 200. Data on the other hand, that's a different story.
    04-09-11 06:19 AM
    I hate texting on T9 keyboard or touch screen, but with BlackBerry ... that's different story
    04-09-11 06:42 AM
    Definitely txt more.. Went from a flip phone T9 and hated texting, despised it actually. I always thought it was so much easier to call. Got my first smartphone (BB storm) and after getting used to SureType I barely make calls anymore. On a side note I hate when peeps leave a voicemail now, hang up and txt me!!!!!!!!

04-09-11 08:56 AM
    The way I feel is the less I have the phone to my ear the better.

04-09-11 09:21 AM

Same with me. I used 5 text messages last month, 3 to me and 2 from me, was the same person...

As for messengers, I don't even want to know how many of those I send a month, probably a few thousand.

04-09-11 09:48 AM
    well i emptied my sms inbox around middle of march. from then until now, i have about 630 messages (not including bbm).
    04-09-11 11:36 AM
    I went from about 300 texts a month to about 1700 text a month when I got my Curve 8520 and then the Torch. My wifes texting skyroketed to about 3300 a month. So my answer is yes obviously.

Holy Cow, that's a lot of texting. I'm not sure how I could use 3300/month even if I was determined to try. I text and bbm pretty regularly, but 1700 and 3300 is impressive, especially for a married person.

04-09-11 11:45 AM
    I went from minimum 100 sent a day (200+ sent/received) to maybe 50 sent/received a day tops.
    But that's mainly cuz I got married about a week after I got my first BB.
    Oh, and BBM's are through the roof.
    04-09-11 06:31 PM
    GOOD thread Norli!!!!!!! Anyways, yes my texting has gone up since I started getting BBs. I even upgraded unlimited texting with my lastest contract.
    04-09-11 11:48 PM
    Could be that the OP is a BB-newb and hasn't yet opened the can of worms that is messengers, I remember when I first got a BB and was texting people more than messaging at first. I should probably mention here that yes, I did actually text more after getting a BB, until I got messengers installed and started using them.

I'm with L on this one, the only people I text have dumbphones. When I look at our account usage, my wife usually clears 900; I have less than 200. Data on the other hand, that's a different story.
    My data usage definitely is high.

04-09-11 11:54 PM
    GOOD thread Norli!!!!!!! Anyways, yes my texting has gone up since I started getting BBs. I even upgraded unlimited texting with my lastest contract.

Lol, I didn't even notice he started this one, good theread man........for a change

04-10-11 03:17 AM
    I use normal SMS less than I did before. Most friends I would have texted a lot on my Windows phone now have Blackberries and Androids themselves so I've been converted to BBM and PingChat. I find it much easier to text on my Curve than I did on the Windows phone though.
    04-10-11 06:20 AM
    Yep. I text way more on the blackberry mainly because i find it way easier and faster.
    04-12-11 03:01 PM
    Personally isn't hasn't made me text more just because there is a full qwerty key board. I bet I could text just as quick as I do with a old school keyboard as I could on the bb.

Although I'm using my keyboard more having bbm etc. So in theroy my answer is yes. I'm 'using' my keyboard more

04-12-11 03:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD