My berry fell in the toilet !!!!!! I went to wash my hands after dinner and i slipped and kerplunk! I took the battery out opened the back and layed it on top of the radiator upside down.Anyone have any ideas on what i can do
    07-04-08 09:23 AM
    aww that sucks =/
    Check these threads out, they might help..

http://forums.crackberry.com/f69/wat...ld-i-do-46252/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/dro...-toilet-44208/

Good lucks..
    07-04-08 10:45 AM
    That sucks major

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-08 11:05 AM
    The threads that t i z j o n posted are great and have very good ideas.

Places my BB NEVER goes near -

Toilet, sink, shower/tub, pools, hot tubs, rainstorms, bartops at the pub... no wet/potentially wet conditions if at all possible.
    07-04-08 11:12 AM
    OUCH!!, man I hope you get the thing working again.
    Good Luck
    07-04-08 11:21 AM
    sorry to hear about your BB. never had my BB dropped in any water, but i'm sure that those links that were posted will really work out for you. i wish you the best of luck.
    07-04-08 11:47 AM
    Bowl of rice. Not sure where the topic was. Think on other forum but same thing happened.
    Take sim card and media if have one. Put in bowl of rice and let sit overnight.
    I think the only problem was his speaker, but it started to work a couple of days later.
    I would also use compressed air to get has much water out.
    Hope it was clean water in the bowl

07-04-08 12:15 PM
    I have used rice before....it def will soak up moisture..........my BB has NEVER been swimming.......I am SOOOOO careful with it.....but I have had other phones that did do some skinny dipping........trial and error led me to the rice

Good luck
    07-04-08 12:23 PM
    well after drying it and letting it sit well shes dead no turning on no nada , no red light no charging indication :"(
    luckily i have my 8300 as a backup! but i will miss my red berry

RIP MY 8310
    Last edited by gamestop guy; 07-04-08 at 12:29 PM.
    07-04-08 12:25 PM
    That may not have been enough time. Keep it open, battery, sim, and SD card removed and wait overnight if not longer. You never know, it might come back.

<fingers crossed>
    07-04-08 12:34 PM
    I feel for you. Mine went in salt water and there was no hope there. Hope it works out for you. I am careful with my new one like a brand new baby.

Best.

Otto
    07-04-08 12:48 PM
    well after drying it and letting it sit well shes dead no turning on no nada , no red light no charging indication :"(
    luckily i have my 8300 as a backup! but i will miss my red berry

RIP MY 8310
    You do have insurance for a replacement do you not??

07-04-08 01:05 PM
    The threads that t i z j o n posted are great and have very good ideas.

Places my BB NEVER goes near -

Toilet, sink, shower/tub, pools, hot tubs, rainstorms, bartops at the pub... no wet/potentially wet conditions if at all possible.
    Exactly...
    07-04-08 02:22 PM
    Hope that whoever used the toilet last flushed! Haha.

07-04-08 04:07 PM
    Whatever you do be patient!!!! Let it dry completley before you put that battery in. You should be fine just don't rush it.

07-04-08 04:13 PM
    Good Luck with your berry. Use alcohol to disinfect your berry. You might want to wait an extra day before trying to turn it on. Again, good luck.

07-04-08 04:26 PM
    Didn't your mom ever tell anyone to put the toilet seat down? I don't know about you guys I live in a house with 3 girls and I always put lid and everything down. If not might find my youngest playing in the pool as she would call it lol. Good luck with your bb!!!

07-04-08 05:22 PM
    i donno if itll make you smile

but my friend dropped hers in a toilet...and had to get it replaced..but...HER friend..dropped and FLUSHED hers down hte toilet.
    pretty sure that on needed replaced too...lol
    07-04-08 07:56 PM
    still nothing , luckily i have my 8300 as a backup , and insurance doesnt cover wet berrys
    07-06-08 01:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD