has anyone seen this movie?

i have never seen one of m. night shyamalan's movies before but i now i know that i am not missing anything!!

a bunch of my friends did dinner and movie last night. i thought this was the FUNNIEST movie i have ever seen. the acting was AWFUL and the screenplay was just terrible.

And when i say funniest movie - i mean i was laughing out loud. and then trying to contain my laughter the rest of the movie.

we saw people leaving before half the movie had passed and others trying to get their money back afterwards!

thoughts???!!!
    06-29-08 08:51 AM
    That's how all of his movies are...but I'd hope this one was different.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-08 08:59 AM
    I kind of liked it. I saw it on watchmovies.net, for free, so I guess I hand nothing to lose.

06-29-08 09:08 AM
    I wanted to see it because of Marky Mark he's pretty darn cool. Still haven't seen it but I didn't hear good things so I didn't bother... Went to go see Zohan and Get Smart instead those were funny

06-29-08 09:45 AM
    worst....movie...ever
    06-29-08 10:06 AM
    What ever do you mean?
    "His first R rated movie" Duun duuun duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun!
    Eh...it was horrible.
    More dissapointing then The Village.
    06-29-08 02:32 PM
    i actually enjoyed it. really enjoyed it.
    06-29-08 04:44 PM
    "The Happening" slipped from number five to number eight in the weekend movie box office but still made over three and a half million dollars. Poor word of mouth may be hampering its gate, along with a fresh wave of summer movies (including the incredible "Wanted" and "Wall-E").

Weekend Box Office Results for June 27–29, 2008

I guess there's no middle ground with "The Happening."
    06-29-08 04:57 PM
    worst....movie...ever
    and best movie ever...for laughing..

i wish you all could have been there w me!!
    06-29-08 06:08 PM
    i was laughing so hard, it was horrible! I mean Tree's? REALLY!?!?! I laughed when the construction workers were jumping off the roof, it was hilariosity (I know not a word but i love making up words) but yess omg M. Nigh Shamalan is such a d o u c h e lol
    06-29-08 09:02 PM
    Yeah this movie sucked. A weak premise, poor and laughable dialog, and lackluster acting. The only good git was when those two dumb teenagers got shot-gunned. I'm just gad I didn't pay to see it
    06-29-08 10:12 PM
    My girl and my friend drag me to see it I mean wow that was soooo funny especially when the dude at the philly zoo was messing with the lions lmao

06-30-08 11:58 AM
    lmao! oh yeah the zoo keeper was feeding himself to the lion! omg so funnnnnny!
    06-30-08 01:43 PM
    Funny I thought this was actually alright, I thought Zoey Deschanel was really funny throughout. Worrying about a trip to the coffee shop with a coworker was more important than the end of their world.
    06-30-08 06:41 PM
    Did you see in the credits after the movie, who played the part of the friend?? That was really hilarious!!
    06-30-08 06:55 PM
    Nah, we got up and left pretty quickly. I should look it up on youtube I suppose.
    06-30-08 07:11 PM
    Cracked me up! LOL
    06-30-08 07:14 PM
    In the interest of not spending another 9$ on this movie, could you PM me with the actor's name?
    06-30-08 07:23 PM
    i was laughing so hard, it was horrible! I mean Tree's? REALLY!?!?! I laughed when the construction workers were jumping off the roof, it was hilariosity (I know not a word but i love making up words) but yess omg M. Nigh Shamalan is such a d o u c h e lol
    love love love hilariosity! great!

favorite parts - parts that i thought i would die laughing:
    1) when the old lady smacked the little girls hand!!
    2) "open the door b*t ch"
    3) when he started talking to the fake tree inside that house
    4) when the solider said "cheese and crackers!"

goodness....i still laugh
    06-30-08 08:41 PM
    ROFL^^^

those are funny parts. i found it kinda wrong when that guy killed the kids! who kills kids in movies! Thats why Mr. Shamalan is a D o u c h e!

my favorite unintentional funny parts

1. the guy turns on his lawn mower and lays in front of it
    2. the weird guy talking to his plants and asking if they wanted hot dogs
    3. when the jeep with umm John Leguizamo slams head first into the tree LOL
    4. The b*tchy old lady starts crashing her head in the windows lol
    06-30-08 09:42 PM
    Yeah the talking to the tree bit was funny. What do you guys suppose happened to the girl from the opening scene? The one who witnessed the occurance? I think the logical assumption is that she died but the whole it hit everyone else around her thing struck me as odd. Perhaps I am looking to deep into a transient character but there is still a plot inconsistency there. When the effect hits a group it seems to hit the group all at once, not one at a time. It might be that he tried to say that it was almost selective, which would make you wonder why the older earthy couple wasn't hit by the effect at the same time as the rest of the group.

06-30-08 11:59 PM
    I heard it was a corny movie.
    07-08-08 03:49 PM
    Thanks for the warning...I'll wait until it hits cable...
    07-08-08 04:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD