There is a Blaq screen shot doing the rounds this morning showing a Tweet, supposedly from Lewis Hamilton....sent from an iphone. Now it might be someone who has tweeted for him. It might be a spoof account. Or it might be that Blackberry should do what they did with Keys....take their money and put it into advertising instead of niche market projects that only reach those interested in that market.
    07-07-14 01:44 AM
    I don't think Blackberry actually sponsor Hamilton, they sponsor his F1 Team: Mercedes and I doubt there is a clause in the deal that says Mercedes employees are only allowed to use blackberry's

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 02:17 AM
    he has a berry or 2 also. It would not surprise me if he owns many devices of all kinds
    KemKev and 1magine like this.
    07-07-14 02:34 AM
    I just went through around 30 of his tweets in Blaq and exactly a single one said via Twitter for BlackBerry. The rest was like 60% WebClient and 40% iPhone.
    07-07-14 02:43 AM
    There is a Blaq screen shot doing the rounds this morning showing a Tweet, supposedly from Lewis Hamilton....sent from an iphone. Now it might be someone who has tweeted for him. It might be a spoof account. Or it might be that Blackberry should do what they did with Keys....take their money and put it into advertising instead of niche market projects that only reach those interested in that market.
    Formula 1 is a Worldwide spectacle that has a lot of followers.
    Just not in the US (they, for whatever reason prefer watching cars drive on a completely circular track).

Therefore the F1 makes a lot of sense.
    BlackBerry was actually pretty lucky, because Mercedes is very good this season.

I'd say that this is actually one of the better marketing deals they got.

I just went through around 30 of his tweets in Blaq and exactly a single one said via Twitter for BlackBerry. The rest was like 60% WebClient and 40% iPhone.
    Which probably means that the user above you, who said that BlackBerry most likely doesn't have a deal with Hamilton himself, is correct.

Posted via CB10
    aminrajabi likes this.
    07-07-14 06:05 AM
    It's is probably likely that some of the tweets are from publicists or PR people, who just happen to have an iPhone. For people in the PR/publicist trade, they probably need to use an iPhone as they have the latest social apps on them.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    07-07-14 07:58 AM
    No, I reckon it is Hamilton himself tweeting from his iPhone.

It'd be just our luck.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 08:08 AM
    He probably needs to slow himself down after coming off the track... so he picks up his iPhone.

Just kidding... : )

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 08:14 AM
    He uses a BlackBerry because he is sponsored too. People are sponsored by coke doesn't mean they don't ever drink kool-aid

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 08:26 AM
    And Obama from his BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 08:40 AM
    If someone is only catching this now, then they're late to the party lol.
    07-07-14 08:44 AM
    If someone is only catching this now, then they're late to the party lol.
    True, but does it really matter?
    He's not an official spokesperson for BlackBerry

Caribbean Z30
    07-07-14 09:45 AM
    Hamilton is not even a real person. He's a race car driver a non human. Ether

Posted via CB10
    eldricho and MarsupilamiX like this.
    07-07-14 10:12 AM
    True, but does it really matter?
    He's not an official spokesperson for BlackBerry

Caribbean Z30
    Doesn't matter to me in the least. Well, other than its just another avenue for idiots to pick on BlackBerry.
    Gatmyer and KemKev like this.
    07-07-14 10:18 AM
    He uses Instagram quite a bit and I'm pretty sure he's using the actual app (iphone)

Be proud - BlackBerry by Choice
    07-07-14 10:23 AM
    Either way, as someone mentioned this is one of BlackBerry's better marketing partners. Mercedes is on an absolute tear this year in F1, Hamilton and Rosberg dominant. No other team will touch them all season.

I don't think it really matters whether Rosberg or Hamilton take the season title as it's the team (Mercedes AMG Petronas) and not the two drivers who are sponsored. The one tweet you saw from his BlackBerry was probably from when he had to use one for the team's partnership requirements. In any case, one is better than none which is what it would have been without this partnership.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    07-07-14 10:40 AM
    At least it's not as bad as Nicki Minaj tweeting from her BlackBerry from backstage at the Lumia launch concert she had just been paid to perform at lol
    undone likes this.
    07-07-14 11:14 AM
    Doesn't matter to me in the least. Well, other than its just another avenue for idiots to pick on BlackBerry.
    agreed
    07-07-14 12:27 PM

WHY is he using an iPhone? It's matters that a device from a company that sponsors you doesn't fit your life well enough that you support them..... he is just a consumer like the rest of use (more or less). I'm sure Chen could give him a Passport (many here might give a limb for), and he would most likely revert back to his iPhone.... because it works for him. Why any consumer picks one device over another is very important!
    kevinnugent likes this.
    07-07-14 01:44 PM
    Don't see how this affects Blackberry in either a good or bad way, except creating problems around here . Most people use multiple devices.

hot doing the rounds this morning showing a Tweet, supposedly from Lewis Hamilton....sent from an iphone. Now it might be someone who has tweeted for him. It might be a spoof account. Or it might be that Blackberry should do what they did with Keys....take their money and put it into advertising instead of niche market projects that only reach
    07-07-14 02:09 PM
    WHY is he using an iPhone? It's matters that a device from a company that sponsors you doesn't fit your life well enough that you support them..... he is just a consumer like the rest of use (more or less). I'm sure Chen could give him a Passport (many here might give a limb for), and he would most likely revert back to his iPhone.... because it works for him. Why any consumer picks one device over another is very important!
    *Yawn* Next!

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 04:04 PM
    This is very important! Right up there with...... well..... maybe cheese wiz.

Everything I say is my OPINION and is based on my experiences and what I have learned. It is not meant to attack but to drive meaningful conversation. Let's all be civil!
    07-07-14 04:07 PM
    .....who tweets his tweets that he tweets from his tweeter?
    07-07-14 04:51 PM
    There is nothing wrong if he fancies using different phones. "He is not married to the mob".
    07-07-14 06:52 PM
    two questions for OP:

1. Who is Lewis Hamilton?

2. Who cares?
    anon(1852343) and amjass12 like this.
    07-07-14 08:25 PM
42 12