Title says it all. Any guys use an electric razor instead of a blade? I can't stand shaving with a blade anymore, I don't like spending all this money on razor blades, and am thinking about switching to an electric.

Anyone use an electric razor? If so I'm assuming you get what you pay for - but I'm leery about spending $200 - $300 if it's an inferior product...

discuss.
    05-25-10 09:46 AM
    I <3 Razors.

Quick and effecient, and it gets very very close, so less shaving IMO.
    05-25-10 09:49 AM
    True, but they're ouchy. and it costs $18 for 6 blades.
    05-25-10 09:57 AM
    How about NAIR
    ??
    05-25-10 09:58 AM
    Nair smells awful, and I would never think to use that stuff on my face!

I'm gonna try to have my face waxed this week with a follow up video.
    05-25-10 10:02 AM
    razors are actually better for your face. it acts as an exfoiliant whereas an electric razor just sorta grinds all that dirt, oil and muck back into your pores. there's this shaving cream called "coochy" (sp?) that is made for women (but strong enough for a man....sorry, couldn't resist) that is supposed to give a verrry clean, smooth shave. my wife bought a can at the slumber party she attended last week and as soon as my asian genes can muster up some whiskers i'll give it a try & report back!
    05-25-10 10:08 AM
    razors are actually better for your face. it acts as an exfoiliant whereas an electric razor just sorta grinds all that dirt, oil and muck back into your pores. there's this shaving cream called "coochy" (sp?) that is made for women (but strong enough for a man....sorry, couldn't resist) that is supposed to give a verrry clean, smooth shave. my wife bought a can at the slumber party she attended last week and as soon as my asian genes can muster up some whiskers i'll give it a try & report back!
    Coochy is awesome stuff. I used to be a rep for Pure Romance and shortly before I quit doing that, the company came out with the mens EGO line, and they bottled the Coochy into a differently marketed bottle so as to eliminate the stigma of a man putting a ladies shaving lotion on their face.

Coochy = ZERO razor bumps.
    05-25-10 10:12 AM
    Razor Bumps scare me.
    05-25-10 10:13 AM
    I have tried electric many times, but always go back to manual.

Ba da bum.

Seriously, electric shavers are terrible. They will never shave as close as a razor. As for the cost, BJ's, Costco, Sams Club are the way to go.
    05-25-10 10:35 AM
    I use a Braun electric razor. I think I have used a blade maybe 5 times in my 43 years.

Anyways, I got a good deal on eBay. I not 100% sure off-hand, but I think this is my model:

Amazon.com: Braun 7526 Syncro Shaver System with Clean & Charge Storage Stand:…

IIRC, I think I paid about $70-$80 for it.

I would not pay $200+ for something like this. Check Walmart, they carry a decent amount of Braun stuff.

Also, I save a bit on the cleaning solution by running that only every few days to make it last longer. Some suggest running it every day. I see no need.
    05-25-10 10:39 AM
    I use one of those 3-head thingies (Norelco I think) in the shower, with gel (watch it Mavis...) Works very well, quick, easy, smooth. (again, the warning...)
    05-25-10 10:43 AM
    Wow Mavis what a rep you have!

Two warnings in one sentence!
    05-25-10 10:45 AM
    Wow Mavis what a rep you have!

Two warnings in one sentence!
    Just don't want her to get spanked in front of everyone...

ummm, nahhhhhhhhhhh, not goin there.
    05-25-10 10:48 AM
    I have a panasonic and it works pretty well. Took my skin 2 months to get used to it and I still have to go over some spots with a regular razor but its much easier on my skin. No more cuts or nics. I recommend getting a wet/dry and lathering up with shaving gel like you normally do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-10 11:05 AM
    I prefer a blade, get a closer shave, but I just do my head, I like to have a beard.
    05-25-10 11:20 AM
    I love the close shave of a Mach 3.

I tried a Phillips Phillishave.

Just doesn't get close enough, and if you don't use it everyday day or two the hairs get to long and it hurts.

05-25-10 12:16 PM
    Ain't no electric razor ever gonna give me as great a shave as my Mach3's do. I
    shave my head so it's a must. Shaving is shaving bro. Part of being a dude.
    05-25-10 01:36 PM
    Ain't no electric razor ever gonna give me as great a shave as my Mach3's do. I
    shave my head so it's a must. Shaving is shaving bro. Part of being a dude.

I agree 100%. Nothing's more efficient than a razor and I also prefer Mach 3.
    05-25-10 01:39 PM
    I just switched to a Hydro 5! Always got to have the latest here!
    05-25-10 01:46 PM
    I remember when the "Fusion" was announced during the Super Bowl a few years
    ago I was at Target Monday morning and got it. I used it twice and I hated it.
    Something about 5 blades doesn't give me as good a shave as that Mach 3
    05-25-10 01:49 PM
    My razor vibrates.

Interesting, how everything is made instantly better once you add vibration.

LOL
    05-25-10 01:49 PM
    I remember when the "Fusion" was announced during the Super Bowl a few years
    ago I was at Target Monday morning and got it. I used it twice and I hated it.
    Something about 5 blades doesn't give me as good a shave as that Mach 3
    I agree.

I got the 5 blade one, and it seemed to "pull" more hair, then "shave".

It was very uncomfortable, and took longer to do, surprisingly.
    05-25-10 01:50 PM
    Yeah, it actually took longer to shave. That was my main gripe.
    05-25-10 01:51 PM
    I'm with jib, make it a Braun.

WAPers do it With A Passion
    If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.
    Click Here To Be Banned*
    Drive a PwnCakes Hybrid. It'll keep your Onyx purring.

05-25-10 01:59 PM
    I have tried electrics a few different times and keep going back to blades. Electrics don't shave near as close, take 2x the time with only half as close shave. Mach 3 has never let me down and I think that if God shaved, he would use a Mach 3.

05-25-10 02:00 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD