Looking to get a cute little pet. Since my building doesn't allow dogs or cats, I'm looking for either one of the 3 in the title. Which one do most of you suggest. Looking for something small, cute, cuddly, active, stinks less and easier to take care of.
    08-11-09 06:41 AM
    They're all cute, but if they escape, gerbils and hamsters are prone to disappear never to be found again. If they are, the results usually aren't good.
    08-11-09 07:16 AM
    When i was growing up i had a gerbil and a G. Pig....

i'd get the g. pig again in heart beat - - - the gerbil not so much.
    08-11-09 07:55 AM
    Less cleanup with a hamster or gerbil... had all three and the guineas never seemed to act like they knew they were pets. 'sides... gerbils have more dark meat.
    08-11-09 09:53 AM
    i wont repeat what came to mind when i read the title of this thread...

i think id probably get the guinea strictly because of size. they seem easier to have fun with.
    plus they have more meat in general.
    08-11-09 10:00 AM
    Having owned both a hamster and my mother-in-law having guinea pigs, I'll have to echo what I've been told by many pet shops.

Get a rat.

We had one for my daughter, it died. We got two more.

Great animals, can be litter trained, can learn to come when called. And they don't bite that that darned dwarf hamster did.

I don't have any pix on PhotoBucket, but they are Dumbo or Fancy Rats and they seriously make wonderful pets.
    08-11-09 10:45 AM
    hedgehog all the way
    08-11-09 10:58 AM
    I like Guinea Pigs, but I can't eat a whole one.
    08-11-09 11:17 AM
    I was watching Anthony Bourdain the other day, he was in South America and had roasted Guinea Pig, made by the locals, didn't look too bad either, I'd try it if ya gave me a cold frosty one to wash it down with...
    08-11-09 11:21 AM
    I bought a guinea pig bout 3 months ago...and he's still alive..so pretty much your better off getting one..just dont play music close to them bc they can go deaf..i learned that the hard way...
    08-11-09 02:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD