A guy dies and goes to the LIMBO, there he finds 2 guards and 2 door, each guard protects a door. One door takes him to heaven and the other one takes him to hell, but there are no sings or any way of identifying which door goes where, the only ones who knows is the guards. So the guy must ask the guards which door goes where. But.. He can only ask 1 question to only 1 of the guards. (LIMBO Rules).

IMPORTANT : One guard always lies the other always says the truth.

What question should the guy ask to find what door takes him to heaven.?

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 01:10 PM
    Is that the men's or the women's entrance?

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    11-15-14 09:02 PM
    Which door is the wife behind?

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 09:15 PM
    Riddle????

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1016
    11-15-14 09:18 PM
    How many times has my wife been wrong?

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    11-15-14 09:39 PM
    I think you have to deceive the guard. Make him feel like you don't want to go to heaven but wanna go to hell instead.

Ask either guard: Which door will lead to hell because I want to go to hell?

The guard who lies will tell you the truth if the door he's guarding will lead to hell; if he's lying, then the door will lead you to heaven.

Otherwise the guard who tells the truth will ask you why you want to go to hell?? when the door he's guarding actually leads hell or heaven because he's honestly telling you the truth.

Once you go black, you can't turn back! Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 10:48 PM
    It's one of those similarly structured "1 question, two guys" riddles. Can't remember "the trick" anymore.

Hey, googling is not fair... :-)

? ? ? Zzzzwipetyped from The Maskport - Zzzzmoqin'.... ? ? ?
    12-01-14 11:28 PM
    12-02-14 12:33 AM
    Isn't the obvious answer to ask the guard who tells the truth where the door of heaven is? I mean it is self-explanatory.

Miami Heat and GS Warriors fan.
    12-22-14 10:37 PM
    Isn't the obvious answer to ask the guard who tells the truth where the door of heaven is? I mean it is self-explanatory.

And how would you know which guard tells the truth?
    12-24-14 02:01 PM
    And how would you know which guard tells the truth?
    I guess I never thought that one through. My bad.

12-24-14 05:31 PM

I was thinking the exact same thing. But then realized he could just lie

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 05:39 PM
    There are 2 answers to this riddle:

1. Ask either guard which door has steps behind it: no one can lie about "stairway to heaven"!

2. Ask guard 1 which door guard 2 would tell you goes to hell.

If guard 1 is the liar, then guard 2 tells the truth and will point to the door to hell, and guard 1 will lie about what guard 2 told him and point to the door to heaven

If guard 1 tells the truth, then guard 2 is the liar and will point to the door to heaven, which guard 1 will tell you is truthfully the door guard 2 pointed to.

Posted via CB10
    spike12 likes this.
    12-24-14 06:06 PM
    I do believe we have a winner!
    12-27-14 07:01 PM
    There are 2 answers to this riddle:

1. Ask either guard which door has steps behind it: no one can lie about "stairway to heaven"!

2. Ask guard 1 which door guard 2 would tell you goes to hell.

If guard 1 is the liar, then guard 2 tells the truth and will point to the door to hell, and guard 1 will lie about what guard 2 told him and point to the door to heaven

If guard 1 tells the truth, then guard 2 is the liar and will point to the door to heaven, which guard 1 will tell you is truthfully the door guard 2 pointed to.

Posted via CB10
    Lol this is confusing me. Can you please re-explain with clearer instructions? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 09:02 PM
    If I asked what door lead to Heaven, what door would the other guard point to?

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 09:45 PM
    If I asked what door lead to Heaven, what door would the other guard point to?

Posted via CB10
    And what if he guard 1 lies?

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 09:48 PM
    And what if he guard 1 lies?

Posted via CB10
    If you ask the guard that speaks the truth, he would tell you that the other guard would point to the door that leads to death.

If you ask the guard that lies, he would tell you that the guard that speaks the truth would point to the door that leads to death.

Therefore, always choose the other door that either guard points to

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 10:24 PM
    If you ask the guard that speaks the truth, he would tell you that the other guard would point to the door that leads to death.

If you ask the guard that lies, he would tell you that the guard that speaks the truth would point to the door that leads to death.

Posted via CB10
    Makes sense

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 10:28 PM

Posted via CB10
    Just make sure the question is "what door will the other guard say is the door to hell?"

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 11:01 PM
    The problem in the riddle is that by asking either guard a direct question, you will either get the truth or a lie, which means you can't make a determination.

Let's say the truth = 1 and the lie = 0:

Asking the direct question to a guard: "which door leads to heaven" can yield a 1 or a 0 depending on the guard.

By asking the question indirectly, or passing the answer from one guard through the other: "Which door would the other guard say leads to hell", you are effectively multiplying the answers:

0 x 1 = 0
    (a lie about the truth is a lie)

or

1 x 0 = 0
    (the truth about a lie is a lie)

So now, regardless of which guard you ask, you are always getting a lie returned. This way, asking "Which door would the other guard say leads to hell" will force either guard to respond with the lie about the door to hell which would mean they are pointing to the door to heaven.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 02:00 AM
    The problem in the riddle is that by asking either guard a direct question, you will either get the truth or a lie, which means you can't make a determination.

Let's say the truth = 1 and the lie = 0:

Asking the direct question to a guard: "which door leads to heaven" can yield a 1 or a 0 depending on the guard.

By asking the question indirectly, or passing the answer from one guard through the other: "Which door would the other guard say leads to hell", you are effectively multiplying the answers:

0 x 1 = 0
    (a lie about the truth is a lie)

or

1 x 0 = 0
    (the truth about a lie is a lie)

So now, regardless of which guard you ask, you are always getting a lie returned. This way, asking "Which door would the other guard say leads to hell" will force either guard to respond with the lie about the door to hell which would mean they are pointing to the door to heaven.

Posted via CB10
    Sort of negative elimination... :-)

Would it work the other way around, asking about the door to heaven, they "lie" about it and then pick the other one... ?

�   A berry good start and God's blessing to all in 2015 ...   �
    Last edited by Prem WatsApp; 02-01-15 at 03:39 AM.
    01-11-15 03:58 PM
    If there's anything maths taught me, trial and error.
    If you accidentally go to hell, too bad.

Case closed. Riddle solved.

01-12-15 05:34 PM