Folks,

Could the 2011 Phillies have the best pitching staff in MLB history? I guess time will have to tell, and there HAVE been others out there. The current SF Giants staff comes to mind, the Braves of the 90ies, and certainly the Yankees have assembled some in the past, BUT last night the Phillies signed Cliff Lee, their ace from 2009. So now the Phillies are dealing 4 aces in Halladay, Lee, Oswalt and Hamels. I don't think it even matters who takes the 5th slot with that fearsome foursome! To quote a friend this "meathead" is excited for next season!
    12-14-10 08:07 AM
    Meh, Cubs in 2011 [/clearly delusional]
    12-14-10 08:10 AM
    Yea and we thought the same thing when we had Ochocinco, and signed "Pacman" and T.O. And look at us now......

I do think the Phillies will have a good season, but all those knuckle draggers need to stay healthy for it to mean anything.
    12-14-10 08:14 AM
    Sox/Phillies in the Series?
    12-14-10 09:06 AM
    PK, PK, PK, Yes, I agree with you that this is a very good lineup and might even make the Phillies the favorites for the WS. But greatest all time? No. However, If they do put up the kind of number you think they will (I personal don't think Oswald will be all that affective) then I will concede they can be mentioned in the group of all time great staffs.
    12-14-10 09:09 AM
    they're definitely gonna be the pitching rotation every one else is gonna be measured against this year but it is way too early to say they're the best ever. i wonder if werth is now kicking himself for going to the nats (my NL team btw)
    12-14-10 09:27 AM
    I DID put a question mark! And i realize it's all on paper NOW!
    12-14-10 09:35 AM
    I've already said this once (on FB), and I'll say it again here...

Giants > Phillies

They have a chance, but I doubt it'll be a repeat season for them...
    Time will in fact tell...

I am certainly excited for this upcoming season
    12-14-10 12:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD