It takes up to three months to heal completely.
    07-07-08 06:25 PM
    i wanna get it done, but i work on a phone all day, and i cant take two days off to slur my speech elsewhere
    Just tell everyone you have been drinking heavily.
    07-07-08 06:30 PM
    Just tell everyone you have been drinking heavily.
    I'm sure that would go over well with the boss, haha.
    07-07-08 07:42 PM
    it shouldn't scar.
    maybe if it was poorly pierced or something.

you'll enjoy it for 6 months then remove it. It's going to leave a scar on your tongue
    07-07-08 11:36 PM
    It takes a few weeks to heal after you pierce it.
    The piercer told you how to take care of it I hope.
    And once it's out, it closes quickly.
    Mine took a few days to close completely.

Blaize did you mean the hole can close in 6 hours? Or after you get it pierced the actual piercing can heal in 6 hours? Everywhere I've heard says it takes 6-8 weeks for it to fully heal (after the piercing).
    07-07-08 11:39 PM
    It takes a few weeks to heal after you pierce it.
    The piercer told you how to take care of it I hope.
    And once it's out, it closes quickly.
    Mine took a few days to close completely.
    Yea they told me how to take care of it and gave me a couple pamphlets for reference. I think I might be using mouthwash too much though because my tongue is starting to feel irritated. It just started earlier today (I ate the first solid meal I've had since I had it pierced). There are a couple tiny red dots on the tip of my tongue (the piercing is pretty far back so it's not really near the piercing) I read some stuff online and I think it's swollen taste buds... Is that normal?
    07-07-08 11:44 PM
    Dang, why would anyone want to desecrate themselves? Impale your tongue as a fashion accessory.....WTF?

I would find it ALARMING if ANY employee showed up at work with one......THAT would be an instant ticket home.....what happens when you reach 60 or 70 years old and have all that crap (and scrap) metal hanging on you?

The demise of Western civilization is upon us.........
    07-08-08 02:34 AM
    Dang, why would anyone want to desecrate themselves? Impale your tongue as a fashion accessory.....WTF?

I would find it ALARMING if ANY employee showed up at work with one......THAT would be an instant ticket home.....what happens when you reach 60 or 70 years old and have all that crap (and scrap) metal hanging on you?

The demise of Western civilization is upon us.........
    You wouldn't know if they had it unless they wanted you to know. It's not hard to hide. And the fact that people are so close-minded is one of the major problems of the world. If you would be so "alarmed" by something so small.. I can't imagine what would happen if there was a serious problem in your life.
    07-08-08 02:36 AM
    I have a couple piercings, must say tongue was the most pain in the ass1 only b/c of how much mine swelled.. now im up to a 4ga barbell... and as to why guys get their tongue pierced... ask a girl who has ever been with a guy with that pierced...
    07-08-08 02:43 AM
    I have a couple piercings, must say tongue was the most pain in the ass1 only b/c of how much mine swelled.. now im up to a 4ga barbell... and as to why guys get their tongue pierced... ask a girl who has ever been with a guy with that pierced...
    Ouch, a 4ga? Screw that lol..
    07-08-08 02:56 AM
    OUCHHHH All i can say is WHY ??? That first time you catch it on a Tooth and it Pulls ,,, I pity ya Bud Be careful I just dont get it ?
    07-08-08 07:52 AM
    Congrats on the piercing, to each their own...I had mine done 10 years ago, and I still love it. Just don't take it out untill its fully healed...
    07-09-08 02:19 PM
    you'll enjoy it for 6 months then remove it. It's going to leave a scar on your tongue
    Had mine in for a week or so and I was over it, left no scar.

...ask a girl who has ever been with a guy with that pierced...
    It doesn't matter
    07-09-08 02:48 PM
    It doesn't matter
    Yea, lol.. but thankfully, that's not the reason I had it done.
    07-09-08 02:50 PM
    I had my tongue pierced a few years ago, My 18th Birthday I think and it wasn't swollen until the next day... I could hardly talk! Eating Popsicles, soups, etc should help.

Anyways, Long story short. I had it for maybe 4 months... Although I had a plastic ball put on it still messed up the enamel on my teeth. I now have a scar on my tongue and I felt like I talked somewhat weird (with a slur maybe?)

Anyways! Good luck with yours, Hopefully you don't have the same problems
    08-17-08 12:06 PM
    Shounsh liksh a shlots a funsh .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-08 06:00 PM
    ive had mine piereced for 11 years and its like second nature now,,even after the first month or 2 i didnt realize it was there anymore. make sure you change it to a shorter barbell as soon as you can change it so you dont bite down on it,,that hurts lol!! and check the balls (insert joke here lol) everynow and then to make sure they are tightened down i have swallowed a barbell before and its not fun!! enjoy it,,im 30 and i still do
    08-17-08 06:08 PM
    ... ask a girl who has ever been with a guy with that pierced...

Agreed, it doesnt matter if you know what you are doing! lol
    I had mine done for 3 years...have a scar but its more from playing with it and causing the scar tissue to move. Be careful and make sure that the bar isnt too long once the swelling goes down otherwise you WILL chip your teeth if not crack them. I was chewing my original one in my sleep and chipped 2 teeth and cracked another.

Also even if you dont want someone to see it, it can be seen~you just think you are covering it up. If you are ever in the position where you need to hide it, go to the proper store and they will have clear flat plastic bars that you can put in temporarily so no one knows you have it but its keeps the hole open so you can change back.
    08-17-08 08:13 PM
    I got my done along time ago. It was pretty swollen for about a few days.... after it healed i went to a plastic set...wish i didnt have to take it out for processing for the military.....I want it back.....But dont wanna get it done for the 3rd time....oh well...
    08-17-08 09:04 PM
    Only question I have is, WHY?
    08-21-08 03:12 AM
    Shounsh liksh a shlots a funsh .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Did you get your blackberry pierced?!?!
    08-21-08 11:31 PM
    nice sounds fun!
    08-22-08 01:45 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD