My first piercing, besides one in my ear a few years ago, but that's closed now. So yea, here's the pics.

Attachment 2634

Attachment 2635

Attachment 2636
    07-05-08 03:55 PM
    I was thinking of doing that, but I'm kind of afraid of the pain. Did it hurt a lot? Worst than ears?
    07-05-08 04:03 PM
    I was thinking of doing that, but I'm kind of afraid of the pain. Did it hurt a lot? Worst than ears?
    It didn't really hurt too much during the actual piercing, but it's pretty sore now when I swallow or move my tongue (about 4 hours ago was when I got it done). It doesn't hurt anywhere near as bad as biting my tongue or something of that nature. Just tell them NOT to do a countdown or anything, it will hurt worse if you anticipate it. They say it's different for different people though.

If you want it, go for it, you have to clean it A LOT though. So think about that before you decide, after you eat anything or drink anything (except water) you have to use mouthwash.
    07-05-08 04:07 PM
    I over think everything. So it will definitely take some debating on whether or not I'll do it. Thanks for the advice though!
    07-05-08 04:19 PM
    I over think everything. So it will definitely take some debating on whether or not I'll do it. Thanks for the advice though!
    Lol, yea I just decided to do it last night.
    07-05-08 04:28 PM
    God that looks painful
    07-05-08 04:42 PM
    Cool, I wouldn't do it, but it is neat..
    07-05-08 04:56 PM
    you'll enjoy it for 6 months then remove it. It's going to leave a scar on your tongue
    07-06-08 01:00 PM
    you'll enjoy it for 6 months then remove it. It's going to leave a scar on your tongue
    That's somewhat of an ignorant statement...
    07-06-08 01:41 PM
    i wanna get it done, but i work on a phone all day, and i cant take two days off to slur my speech elsewhere
    07-06-08 01:47 PM
    i wanna get it done, but i work on a phone all day, and i cant take two days off to slur my speech elsewhere
    Popsicles work...reduces the swelling and no speech slurring, I work on the phones all day as well, but it did the trick for me..if popsicles are not an option due to your work place environment, a spill proof container and ice cubes works as well
    07-06-08 05:50 PM
    Popsicles work...reduces the swelling and no speech slurring, I work on the phones all day as well, but it did the trick for me..if popsicles are not an option due to your work place environment, a spill proof container and ice cubes works as well
    Haha, yea. The pamphlet they gave me said to let small pieces of ice melt on your tongue, I slur my words slightly but I can talk normal if I have to. It's a little painful to do though.
    07-06-08 06:18 PM
    I was told the same thing about a nose piercing...

well i have gotten in pierced 4 times, and the first 3 times never left a scar *work, bfs didnt like it so i kept removing it* Now i'm not removing it for anyone i like it too much. screw everyone haha.

I wanted my tongue pierced for a very quick moment in time...then it passed...LOL my teeth are so perfect and i dont want to mess em up like a few of my friends did to theirs. I'll stick to my nose and belly button and ears But def good luck with it!!!
    07-06-08 06:25 PM
    I had mine pierced years ago and ended up destroying like 5 of my teeth! So, now I have two crowns and a bridge!!! Turned out to be the most expensive piercing known to man. Make sure and not wear a barbell that is to long or you'll end up biting down on it and breaking/chipping your teeth like I did...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-08 06:35 PM
    I had mine pierced years ago and ended up destroying like 5 of my teeth! So, now I have two crowns and a bridge!!! Turned out to be the most expensive piercing known to man. Make sure and not wear a barbell that is to long or you'll end up biting down on it and breaking/chipping your teeth like I did...

ummmm OUCH!
    07-06-08 07:03 PM
    I can pass on the whole tounge peircing.

Don't think I need a metal rod in my tounge, plus, the girls think its trashy.
    07-06-08 07:46 PM
    That's somewhat of an ignorant statement...
    Everyone I have spoken to that had one went through the exact same experience. It may be different for this guy, but I've known many guys/girls that went through the same phase and regretted. But to each, it's own.
    07-06-08 08:13 PM
    I was told the same thing about a nose piercing...

well i have gotten in pierced 4 times, and the first 3 times never left a scar *work, bfs didnt like it so i kept removing it* Now i'm not removing it for anyone i like it too much. screw everyone haha.

I wanted my tongue pierced for a very quick moment in time...then it passed...LOL my teeth are so perfect and i dont want to mess em up like a few of my friends did to theirs. I'll stick to my nose and belly button and ears But def good luck with it!!!
    I'm glad to hear that your nose healed up without a scar; the tongue is a little different of a story. I'm not against tongue piercing at all, but I've had a lot of friends get it done and regret it.
    07-06-08 08:21 PM
    I'm glad to hear that your nose healed up without a scar; the tongue is a little different of a story. I'm not against tongue piercing at all, but I've had a lot of friends get it done and regret it.
    It's all about after care...and the tongue is one of the fastest healing parts of the human anatomy, a tongue piercing can heal in less then 6 hrs on a "healthy" person.
    07-06-08 09:31 PM

Heh... Yea, I've been eating like hardly anything since I had it done, the barbell is pretty long right now (to allow room for swelling) so when I DO eat, I chew very slowly.
    07-06-08 11:11 PM
    no offence, but wtf would a guy want with a tongue ring?
    07-07-08 02:33 PM
    no offence, but wtf would a guy want with a tongue ring?
    Haha... none taken. I used to think the same thing. For some reason I just like the idea of having a metal bar through my tongue. I was thinking of getting my eyebrows pierced next.
    07-07-08 02:44 PM
    It's all about after care...and the tongue is one of the fastest healing parts of the human anatomy, a tongue piercing can heal in less then 6 hrs on a "healthy" person.
    holy cow, that's kinda freaky!
    07-07-08 02:53 PM
    Piercings absolutely scare me to death. Call me a punk or whatever, but I got light headed when I got my ears pierced.

I have 18 tattoos and they hurt like heck, but I dont mind them that much. I just cannot do a piercing!
    07-07-08 02:58 PM
    Blaize did you mean the hole can close in 6 hours? Or after you get it pierced the actual piercing can heal in 6 hours? Everywhere I've heard says it takes 6-8 weeks for it to fully heal (after the piercing).
    07-07-08 02:58 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD