Try archos 5 before you buy it. I like the look and idea but it had a lot of software problems.
    04-04-10 12:21 AM
    Yah.. looked at Reviews and vids... not so pleased with the Archos.

Instead... I"ll probably get the Dell Mini 5 tablet (not with AT&T, just as a tablet).

It seems much better than the Archos for what I will use it for... it also runs Android(and a better android version), plus it has a better screen ... and camera ... and webcam ... etc etc haha
    04-04-10 01:13 AM
    WTG Brandon. I went for a Lenovo netbook with a detachable screen but I'd be
    totally lying if I said the iPad does not intrigue me. Apple tends to be the
    leading edge of smartphone / micro-computing front.
    04-04-10 01:14 AM

What do you think of the Lenovo??

They are doing some nice things on the hardware front, (dual monitor laptop catching my eye) but I don't know about the Build quality?
    04-04-10 08:00 AM
    We bought a few Lenovo laptops for the school where I do tech support, we have been very happy with the build quality. We have had them for about three years and haven't had any issues with any of them.
    04-04-10 08:20 AM
    Thanks man, I think the only downfall to this thing is after you use it you don't want to pick up your iPhone or touch anymore lol. The experience is a lot better on a bigger screen.
    04-04-10 10:21 AM
    Nice. It does look good, I'll admit, but I've already got a MacBook, so I don't really need one. Maybe after the second generation ones come out I'll get one, though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-10 11:53 AM
    What do you think of the Lenovo??
    I bought the thing on a lark and had my trepidations but honestly the build
    quality and aesthetics are top notch. Being able to detach the screen, walk
    out of my office and have a fully functioning PC in a compact format is nice.

Thanks man, I think the only downfall to this thing is after you use it you don't want to pick up your iPhone or touch anymore lol. The experience is a lot better on a bigger screen.
    Were it not that my iPhone can make calls, I'd sell it to defray the cost of the
    iPad in a heartbeat. Keep us posted on your long term impressions.
    04-04-10 12:01 PM
    Before you flame me ... I just bought a replacement 9000 because I had beat up my original so badly.

I've ordered the 3G version of the iPad. A colleague has the wi-fi version (not sure why you'd want it without 3G, but obviously Apple understands its consumer base better than I do) and it looks very cool.

Here's my query - does anyone know of an iPad version of Crackberry? I can't imagine having gone through the last 18 months with my Bold and without you guys.
    04-07-10 12:11 PM
    Try archos 5 before you buy it. I like the look and idea but it had a lot of software problems.
    Software IS a bear that's for sure, but I'm getting used to it.

On a related note to this thread I am liking the looks of the ipad and will probably jump on board at ipad 2.0 when the price comes down and the specs go up. Or get a 1.0 real cheap at that point.
    04-07-10 01:33 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD