Already got my iPad and I'm posting from it right now. Typing is actually faster, then I thought, and of course browsing is amazing. You have to love all the apps made for it already like the YouTube app which makes videos look like HD movie quality videos, even the bad ones. The iBook store comes with a free Winnie the pooh book so I guess you can check it out how books look on it. (good for me I have a 5 month old). It's exactly what they said it would be and I'm liking it a lot. ( I don't own a laptop just an iMac and iPhone so this serves as my middle ground or laptop for me so to say).
    Last edited by CrackberryBrandon; 04-03-10 at 12:09 PM.
    04-03-10 11:09 AM
    Sheep........

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-10 11:11 AM
    Why you Hating man
    04-03-10 12:09 PM
    Because people are just ignorant. Same crap as when the iphone was released, got nothing better to do with their lives then bash what other's like.
    04-03-10 12:14 PM
    I mean I'm not going to sit here and say I'm am super duper wow'd by it. But it does do what they said it would do, make browsing amazing and the experience is better on this bigger screen. I'm eased with my purchase. And like I said I don't own a laptop, so this is perfect for me personally.
    04-03-10 12:17 PM
    IPad looks ok ... My only problem is that its more of a big ipod touch... And for me, it doesn't work as a laptop well because it doesn't have a USB insert or webcam. Plus it runs the iphone OS and not a laptop OS.
    I have an ipod touch, macbookpro and an imac ... So I see no need for an iPad (other than to show it off as a gimmick).

I've heard rumors that apple is coming out with a real tablet laptop that will run a modified Mac OS-X operating system and will have a webcam, USB connection, etc etc. Now that's what I'm waiting for.

04-03-10 12:19 PM
    In your certain situation I totally understand why an ipad would be a waste if money.
    04-03-10 12:23 PM
    Because people are just ignorant. Same crap as when the iphone was released, got nothing better to do with their lives then bash what other's like.
    Yes very ignorant, considering it does not do half what a laptop can do. Overpriced Mac crap. I bet when Mr Steven Jobs invents an iDildo you'll be first in line huh.....

04-03-10 12:26 PM
    IPad looks ok ... My only problem is that its more of a big ipod touch... And for me, it doesn't work as a laptop well because it doesn't have a USB insert or webcam. Plus it runs the iphone OS and not a laptop OS.
    I have an ipod touch, macbookpro and an imac ... So I see no need for an iPad (other than to show it off as a gimmick).

I've heard rumors that apple is coming out with a real tablet laptop that will run a modified Mac OS-X operating system and will have a webcam, USB connection, etc etc. Now that's what I'm waiting for.

Exactly. When Mac puts an hd drive with at least 160gb, usb, browser with flash, and a full blown Mac OS then ill change my mind. But then again knowing Apple they will charge 5x the price for it and claim they invented the touchscreen or something stup�d like that

04-03-10 12:30 PM
    Doesn't even sound like your problem is with the iPad, sounds like you just hate Steve Jobs and Apple products. Cut down on the Hatorade man, life goes on.
    04-03-10 12:44 PM
    You're right I hate apple products. And I won't deny it.

04-03-10 12:49 PM
    i just recently bought a new Mac Book Pro, but when the second or third gen iPad comes out I will quite likely buy one.
    04-03-10 12:51 PM
    And by the way, its Haterade..... Hehehehe......

04-03-10 12:51 PM
    Congrats on your Purchase.

Not my cup of tea, but this product needs to be successful so that other manufacturers will start making slim tablets with real notebook functionality, running software I need.

I hope this tool works as your median product.
    04-03-10 12:56 PM
    And by the way, its Haterade..... Hehehehe......

I think e spelling is debatable lol, I like it to be in line with Gatorade lol, and now your post mmske more since now I know you just don't like Apple. At least you admit it some people won't say it they just will act like they are unbiased and just don't like all apple for there justified unbiased reasons, if that makes sense.
    04-03-10 01:03 PM
    Congrats on your Purchase.

Not my cup of tea, but this product needs to be successful so that other manufacturers will start making slim tablets with real notebook functionality, running software I need.

I hope this tool works as your median product.
    I agree with you, I believe with Apple making the tablet popular, it will bring attention to the market and have other companies putting out better tablets to compete packed with more features.
    04-03-10 01:05 PM
    I agree that apple will charge a lot when or if they come out with a legit tablet laptop... But it may just be worth it.

I gotta say... The iPad is relatively inexpensive for what it does, and I don't think it was ever meant to actually be a laptop(or compete with laptops). So ... For what it does do its pretty innovative ... And who knows, the apps may be good ...

04-03-10 01:08 PM
    I'm with you on the pricing,, I never understood why people were saying this iPad was expensive when a full price iPhone is about the same.
    04-03-10 01:33 PM
    I agree with you, I believe with Apple making the tablet popular, it will bring attention to the market and have other companies putting out better tablets to compete packed with more features.

It is a great move on Apples part, release a cheap tablet in the peak of the eReader boom, and get people looking at tablets as a viable alternative to the netbook,

for those who really just surf the net and read emails it will be perfect for them,

I have wanted a tablet for years, my dream tablet is 6" * 9" with a 5" * 8" multi touch screen, it would have a slide out keyboard, 2 Micro SD card slots ( really I imagined it as SD card slots but now I'm a MicroSD guy) it would have bluetooth, and it would double as my phone, but never meant to be held to ones ear.
    Ideally I want it to Run MS Office.
    04-03-10 02:15 PM
    Whoolio, You need a xanax today.

WTF is wrong with you?

You're not normally a crab.

Do you need a time out?
    04-03-10 02:16 PM
    Whoolio, You need a xanax today.

WTF is wrong with you?

You're not normally a crab.

Do you need a time out?
    Hehehe.... I know..... Its just that my brother keeps on talking about it when I visit my parents house and its all over the news...... It just gets to me. But I'm all good now :-)

04-03-10 02:26 PM
    Hahahahaha so my thread has to suffer lol jk I can understand how ipad news is getting annoying, not for me though because I have on, but I do understand your pain
    04-03-10 03:05 PM
    Thought I was gonna have to bring out the mod stick, but I'll put it back safely away for now. I am getting a MID myself, which is what they are calling this new catagory, mobile intenet devices. I'm getting an Archos 5 with Android.
    04-03-10 04:29 PM
    Yea that archos 5 looks sweet I've been hearing about that one long before the iPad actually
    04-03-10 04:42 PM
    I actually think I may get the Archos5 with Android.

Its small and thin enough to fit in a pocket... but it has the full internet(with flash) and no zoom necessary to see full webpages.
    Plus, it may even replace my Ipod if it syncs well with itunes and my Mac. And of course bluetooth would allow me to set up a keyboard with it so I could use it for notes in class

Though, I have to say... if Apple does come out with a tablet computer that runs a version of Mac OS-X and has a Webcam... I will retire my '08 MacBookPro and go to that! (of course with my iMac desktop).
    04-04-10 12:09 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD