Almost two years ago I was sitting with a friend in a sandwich shop having lunch when the google street view car drove past and we took photos of it. At the time I started a thread about it referring to how much faster I could take photos with my blackberry compared to his android.

The problem is ever since then I've been waiting for google to update that location hopping to see ourselves in the street view and hasn't happened yet. In the meantime since then I drove past the google car many more times, last time being this morning on my way into Belfast.

If they are not upgrading the Streetview maps, why are they still driving around? I think the Streetview map hasn't been updated in a at least 3 years.

It seems a little strange to me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-11 08:22 AM
    I'm assuming the cameras etc were all on board? You do realise they need to get to a to b and they may have been passing through when you saw them as the area you were in may not have been a priority. I don't keep track of every street on google maps but you sure they haven't updated.
    Last edited by zensen; 05-09-11 at 10:36 AM.
    05-09-11 10:29 AM
    I'm assuming the cameras etc were all on board? You do realise they need to get to a to b and they may have been passing through when you saw them.
    Yeah, the big cameras on top of the cars, you can't miss them. I also saw the tricycle camera too on pedestrian areas a few times.

05-09-11 10:37 AM
    they are spying on you! get your tinfoil hat on!!
    05-11-11 12:58 AM
    they are spying on you! get your tinfoil hat on!!
    +1

bfd, do you really think the NDA is going to cruise around in a marked vehicle
    05-11-11 05:06 AM
    What I'm thinking is this, remember the scandal about google streetview cars "accidentally" recording wifi information as well as emails, addresses etc? If they're still driving around but not updating the maps then it leads to one conclusion, they're still doing it.

05-11-11 05:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD