First, google pixel is lacking a lot of features, no dual camera, no waterproof, no SD-card, no wireless charge. Yes, the rear facing camera is great, but no greater than an S7. The only thing I see it being superior is the front facing camera wich seems to be the best in the market.

But then, the performance... it's just terrible, I mean is slower than samsung's touchwiz running Androind 6.0. Kudos for samsung for having great memory speed and processor.
    Have a look at these speed tests

And against the iphone is just embarrassing

It would be fine if it was priced at more or less 500$ like the 6P, but it isn't... What's your thoughts?
    10-26-16 11:52 AM
    Have you tested one yourself? I spent more than half an hour playing with one and actually compared it with an S7. I found it to be very fast, no noticeable difference between the two. The camera launches just as quickly and focuses in an instant. So performance-wise, it's great. I didn't go for it since I need more than 128GB onboard (or mSD) and I didn't like the positioning of the FP reader.

But yes, unless the Assistant is a big deal for the user, I think it's a little over-priced.
    10-26-16 12:32 PM
    Can you send and receive telephone calls on it?

Just checkin'.
    10-26-16 12:39 PM
    Lol. One thing I didn't check. I'll say a qualified "yes".
    10-26-16 12:40 PM
    Have you tested one yourself? I spent more than half an hour playing with one and actually compared it with an S7. I found it to be very fast, no noticeable difference between the two. The camera launches just as quickly and focuses in an instant. So performance-wise, it's great. I didn't go for it since I need more than 128GB onboard (or mSD) and I didn't like the positioning of the FP reader.

But yes, unless the Assistant is a big deal for the user, I think it's a little over-priced.
    Not saying it's slow, surely it's not, a 250$ Android nowadays is NOT slow. But for the price they are charging? I find the pixel VERY overpriced.

Pixel is as groundbreaking as the 6P, wich is not much, but the 6P was on the cheap side while having great hardware. I don't see why would buy a Pixel over many other cheaper Androids. Especially if you can lay your hands on a Exynos equiped Galaxy S7, you can get a god deal since it's an "old" phone, and still is superior in almost every way to the pixel
    10-26-16 12:41 PM
    Pixel is more a platform for Google Assistant than a hardware tour de force. In that sense it shares with Nexus which was never the latest bleeding edge hardware. If you want the latest stuff from Google then you get Pixel otherwise wait 6m-1yr you'll get it on other android phones.
    10-26-16 12:48 PM
    Pixel is more a platform for Google Assistant than a hardware tour de force. In that sense it shares with Nexus which was never the latest bleeding edge hardware. If you want the latest stuff from Google then you get Pixel otherwise wait 6m-1yr you'll get it on other android phones.
    That to me sounds like a very poor "deal making" feature. Or am I wrong? In my country, I think I've never seen anybody using voice comants to use a phone on a daily basis. The only time I've seen someone use voice comands was to show off to friends or family.

Do you see people using voice comands in your country often? or do I live in a weird place?
    10-26-16 01:11 PM
    Soooo ... No?

Posted via CB10
    10-26-16 01:14 PM
    But then, the performance... it's just terrible
    Not saying it's slow, surely it's not, a 250$ Android nowadays is NOT slow
    10-26-16 01:16 PM
    That to me sounds like a very poor "deal making" feature. Or am I wrong? In my country, I think I've never seen anybody using voice comants to use a phone on a daily basis. The only time I've seen someone use voice comands was to show off to friends or family.

Do you see people using voice comands in your country often? or do I live in a weird place?
    I do, especially when driving. Comes in handy if your hands are tied as well. My little brother is also quite fond of voice commands.
    10-26-16 01:19 PM

I don't think Pixel will be very popular outside of NA and some Euro countries. Assistant doesn't work in many languages so it would not be useful everywhere.
    10-26-16 01:20 PM
    12641037[/URL]]Not saying it's slow, surely it's not, a 250$ Android nowadays is NOT slow. But for the price they are charging? I find the pixel VERY overpriced.

Pixel is as groundbreaking as the 6P, wich is not much, but the 6P was on the cheap side while having great hardware. I don't see why would buy a Pixel over many other cheaper Androids. Especially if you can lay your hands on a Exynos equiped Galaxy S7, you can get a god deal since it's an "old" phone, and still is superior in almost every way to the pixel
    I really think you need to experience it first-hand before judging. It wasn't for me; but it's definitely more than the sum of its parts.
    10-26-16 03:05 PM
    Price/performance/claims obviously
    10-26-16 10:01 PM
    I really think you need to experience it first-hand before judging. It wasn't for me; but it's definitely more than the sum of its parts.
    I understand, the IU is very quick and responsive (at leas for the first months). But as we've seen in the videos a posted, the UI is fast, animations are fast, but MEMORY (storage) seems to be on the cheap side. Loadings of heavy apps aren't very fast, wich means it has cheap memory with just average reading speeds.

Then the memory (RAM) management is an issue aswell, despite having 4gb of RAM, it's reloading some minimized apps.
    10-26-16 10:04 PM
    I do, especially when driving. Comes in handy if your hands are tied as well. My little brother is also quite fond of voice commands.
    Don't get me wrong, I can totally get the apeal and convenience, I just don't find people using it. I've tried it, it works very well, it's almost scary, maybe I'm too old, but I somehow doesn't feel right to talk to a phone
    10-26-16 10:05 PM
    I understand, the IU is very quick and responsive (at leas for the first months). But as we've seen in the videos a posted, the UI is fast, animations are fast, but MEMORY (storage) seems to be on the cheap side. Loadings of heavy apps aren't very fast, wich means it has cheap memory with just average reading speeds.

Then the memory (RAM) management is an issue aswell, despite having 4gb of RAM, it's reloading some minimized apps.
    You're referring back to the one-man-band videos, yet again, and taking these reviews as gospel. Then relaying their opinions as fact with no personal observation? Have you looked at the Android Central reviews? Technobuffalo? Android Authority? Each have done several. Even iMore, for an alternate universe opinion? (Spoiler - they liked the Pixel -- for an Android.)

I am speaking from some personal experience with the device. Ignore what I'm saying, if you want, but when I was testing it beside the S7 I closed ALL apps on both devices before launching anything -- nothing was minimized. Both cameras to the same settings; HDR on, flash auto, etc. On Chrome I cleared cache, history, put both to the default settings, then opened CB on both at the same time -- and we know CB can take a little longer to load than we might like. The point is, I eliminated all possible variables. Apples to apples. Regardless of the specs, the Pixel performed as well as the S7. In one case, noticeably better (WiFi speed). And Apple has proved that specs are not the be-all and end-all, when you are designing the device and software in tandem.
    Uzi and jaydee5799 like this.
    10-26-16 10:55 PM
    You're referring back to the one-man-band videos, yet again, and taking these reviews as gospel. Then relaying their opinions as fact with no personal observation? Have you looked at the Android Central reviews? Technobuffalo? Android Authority? Each have done several. Even iMore, for an alternate universe opinion? (Spoiler - they liked the Pixel -- for an Android.)

I am speaking from some personal experience with the device. Ignore what I'm saying, if you want, but when I was testing it beside the S7 I closed ALL apps on both devices before launching anything -- nothing was minimized. Both cameras to the same settings; HDR on, flash auto, etc. On Chrome I cleared cache, history, put both to the default settings, then opened CB on both at the same time -- and we know CB can take a little longer to load than we might like. The point is, I eliminated all possible variables. Apples to apples. Regardless of the specs, the Pixel performed as well as the S7. In one case, noticeably better (WiFi speed). And Apple has proved that specs are not the be-all and end-all, when you are designing the device and software in tandem.
    I rather take the opinion of well known independent reviewers that the opinion of the average joe that says that his Android from 2008 never lags and is super smooth all the time.

Yes, I've seen those reviews, in fact I've seen reviews from better places like pocketnow and other independent reviewers that don't have "Android'something" in their name. (Should I go to BMW forum to ask if a Mercedes is better than a BMW?)
    But those reviews don't put the phone against their competition, and even those aren't setting the world on fire with that phone. 250$+ phones isolated are all pretty good and fast

If you want "apples to apples" there's no better than the videos I posted.

What I don't understand is that you want me to have doubts about the videos of 2 very reputable youtube channels like SuperSaf and Phonebuff, but somehow you want me to fully trust the average joe like you and some other guy that "said" X phone is faster...

The phone already proven that has cheap memory, it takes longer times to load the same apps in different test made by different people... what more do you want? I'm not against you but to be 100% honest, You either don't see because you don't want, or you're paid by google, I'm sorry my friend.

The Holy Grail of "stock Android" is getting beaten by the "ugly duckling" of samsung and it's cousing touchwizz
    Last edited by Joao Oliveira; 10-27-16 at 09:55 AM.
    10-27-16 09:04 AM
    Here's another "biased" speed comparison... looks like everybody in the internet is "against" the Pixel... oh dear...

10-27-16 09:38 AM

I rather take the opinion of well known independent reviewers that the opinion of the average joe that says that his Android from 2008 never lags and is super smooth all the time.

Yes, I've seen those reviews, in fact I've seen reviews from better places like pocketnow and other independent reviewers that don't have "Android'something" in their name. (Should I go to BMW forum to ask if a Mercedes is better than a BMW?)
    But those reviews don't put the phone against their competition, and even those aren't setting the world on fire with that phone. 250$+ phones isolated are all pretty good and fast

If you want "apples to apples" there's no better than the videos I posted.

What I don't understand is that you want me to have doubts about the videos of 2 very reputable youtube channels like SuperSaf and Phonebuff, but somehow you want me to fully trust the average joe like you and some other guy that "said" X phone is faster...

The phone already proven that has cheap memory, it takes longer times to load the same apps in different test made by different people... what more do you want? I'm not against you but to be 100% honest, You either don't see because you don't want, or you're paid by google, I'm sorry my friend.

The Holy Grail of "stock Android" is getting beaten by the "ugly duckling" of samsung and it's cousing touchwizz
    We obviously have a vastly different opinion about the credibility of various reviewers. This is my last comment about this... I urge you to go to a shop and make a comparison yourself. Then you will be able to speak from personal experience rather than basing comments on a third party's opinion. Good luck.
    10-27-16 12:53 PM
    Played with one a couple days ago. Was quite impressed. The camera being the standout. Played a few candy crush games, fiddled with Chrome.. Impressed me.... But you can take that with a grain of salt as thats just my opinion.
    10-27-16 01:01 PM
    I still haven't heard you say you've gone to a store and tried one out in person. I mean, if there's YouTube videos that say the Earth is flat, why should I have to check? Would people lie on the Internet?
    10-27-16 01:54 PM
    We obviously have a vastly different opinion about the credibility of various reviewers. This is my last comment about this... I urge you to go to a shop and make a comparison yourself. Then you will be able to speak from personal experience rather than basing comments on a third party's opinion. Good luck.
    That you doubt that the credibility of a certain youtube channel, I understand... but that you put a well know youtube video, displaying performance differences is LESS legit than a random guy testemonial on the forum... Sorrry but that can't be right.

The youtube video at least shows an experiment, some guys speech is much easier to fake... I can come here and say that My blackberry priv prints money, now making a video of it takes a lot more work
    10-27-16 04:29 PM
    I still haven't heard you say you've gone to a store and tried one out in person. I mean, if there's YouTube videos that say the Earth is flat, why should I have to check? Would people lie on the Internet?
    There are none in the stores yet, besides that, what can you do on the store to properly evaluate the performance? How can I compare the hardware speed of both phones? battery life? long term endurance? camera? DAC quality? If you don't know, I'll tell you, In store you know almost NOTHING about the phone, unless you're into "specs"...

There are youtube channels and youtube channels. If you can't separate the legitimacy of your sources, I feel sorry for you... I didn't post a "random youtube guy", I posted 2 very credible sources with over 1 million subscribers between the two, both are considered credible and unbiased sources in the smartphone industry.

It's sad that I have to point this out to an "AMBASSADOR" of a smartphone forum that can't even distinguish the good and bad journalist in the business. I guess MKBHD, Linus Tech Tips, pocketnow and so others aren't credible either... let's ask wich phone has better hardware to "Fijidesk69" on some random smartphone forum...
    10-27-16 04:36 PM
    The camera is not that good according to this article.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-37788049

Posted Via CB10 from Z30 OS 10.3.2.2836 
    10-27-16 04:39 PM
    First, google pixel is lacking a lot of features, no dual camera, no waterproof, no SD-card, no wireless charge. Yes, the rear facing camera is great, but no greater than an S7. The only thing I see it being superior is the front facing camera wich seems to be the best in the market.

But then, the performance... it's just terrible, I mean is slower than samsung's touchwiz running Androind 6.0. Kudos for samsung for having great memory speed and processor.
    Have a look at these speed tests

And against the iphone is just embarrassing

It would be fine if it was priced at more or less 500$ like the 6P, but it isn't... What's your thoughts?
    Well....its not Apple....it has that going for it
    10-27-16 04:40 PM
47 12