GCreep: Google Engineer Stalked Teens, Spied on Chats (Updated)

Old news but if it happened once how many more times has it happened since without engineers being caught?

Downright disgusting this privacy breach and the access these engineers have.
    01-13-14 09:59 PM
    This could have happened anywhere.. can't blame the company for the actions of one individual..

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 10:04 PM
    agreed it's not the company fault,but the individual responsible for his actions

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 10:05 PM
    You guys serious?
    With that amount of data that they collect and have access to you, would think they would tighten up internally.

People entrust you with so much of their personal and business data and if your house isn't in order this kind of stuff is going to happen.

Google did not have the proper checks in place to prevent an individual from doing this. So I blame Google for their irresponsibility they continue to show towards privacy.

Many things can be put in place to allow engineers to access data that they are working with on a project. If said engineer starts accessing data that isn't in his project scope it would raise alarms. Banks, government, law enforcement etc. have these safeguards in place. But not Google?
    01-13-14 10:08 PM
    Safe guards get put in place AFTER an incident happens.. that's the way of the world. I would assume it would be pretty difficult for an engineer at Google today to access the same things that guy did without raising flags.. but it's impossible to think of every scenario before it happens.. you try, but you never think if everything.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 10:24 PM
    What a creeper lol

"We are truly alone, the scars on your heart are yours to atone" (BBM#18)
    01-17-14 12:12 PM
    Safe guards get put in place AFTER an incident happens..

Posted via CB10
    That logic makes no sense.
    01-19-14 05:38 PM