For those of you who haven't heard: Google Chrome OS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I know it's not announced officially yet (later today) but... thoughts (aside from "Google is taking over the world!")?
    Anyone gonna try and load this up on their computer? I might test it out on my netbook. Triple boot Windows 7, Ubuntu, and Chromium lol.
    12-07-10 12:44 PM
    There's a time and place for the cloud, but not in the case of how google is trying to implement it.
    12-07-10 01:02 PM
    I was contemplating Chromium OS as I use Chromium exclusively but haven't gotten around to it yet. I was under the impression, and reinforced by information from Wikipedia, that Chrome OS isn't available for download, one would need to purchase a machine with it installed.
    12-07-10 05:33 PM
    Technically yes, but since it's open source it's only a matter ot time till an installer comes out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-10 05:37 PM
    Technically yes, but since it's open source it's only a matter ot time till an installer comes out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    For which? Chromium I'd expect, that's undisputedly open source and can be built on linux or Winders; but I thought Chrome had some sort of license. I'm on my device or I'd be researching this myself, sorry. XD
    12-07-10 05:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD