Morning Guys,

I wanted to share the good news with everyone so Mods you can put this in the correct forum later. But anyway I will be going to Canada to take over for Kevin while he is away at the Blackberry Conference in Cali. I will be arriving on the 16th and will be leaving on the 19th. If the good folks in Canada have anything that I should check out while IM there please PM me and let me know. I will be in Toronto doing my work and not
    WINNERPEG<<<<(I love using that) So make me feel at home guys and wish me luck. *Wait maybe someone should tell Kevin that I will be taking over for him. * Well I guess he'll figure it out when I speak to him. LMAO

C. HECK
    10-10-08 06:45 AM
    Cool, have fun with that. Don't drink all his liquor while he's gone.
    10-10-08 06:51 AM
    Enjoy some real brew while there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-08 07:00 AM
    Have fun and dress warm!
    10-10-08 07:11 AM
    Check out Yonge Street while you're there. There's usually a lot going on there on a Friday or Saturday night.
    10-10-08 08:26 AM
    Hey! Gimme a shout if you want, I live at Yonge and Eglinton and would be happy to show you about.

Go up the CN tower- tallest free standing structure in the world
    If you wanna shop check out Yonge street and the Eatons centre
    Argos games are starting! CFL kicks the NFL's ***.
    If there's anything in particular you're intersted lemme know and I can point you in the right direction

Oh and the hockey hall of fame!
    10-10-08 11:18 AM
    Man i miss Toronto! Left 5 years ago, and now live in Cali. Have fun dude. Scarborough!!!
    10-10-08 11:41 AM
    Man i miss Toronto! Left 5 years ago, and now live in Cali. Have fun dude. Scarborough!!!
    You mean SCARLEM!

Toronto sucks...but it's better than moving to the states that's for sure!
    10-10-08 12:32 PM
    Scarlem!? It wasn't that bad when i left. Haha
    10-10-08 01:26 PM
    try to avoid getting shot while in toronto
    10-10-08 01:32 PM
    I thought the didn't allow guns in Canada, lol
    10-10-08 01:37 PM
    Good luck I'd say check out the airport and fly back home. There is NOTHING in Canada other than the Bold lol!! If there is anything you love make sure you bring it Im sure they will not have it here. I live near Toronto in Etobicoke and i cane from Atlanta been here 3 years. It's been a long 3 yrs. Still haven't found anything great other than the snow. have a great time!!
    10-10-08 01:44 PM
    I appreciate all of the responses I received. P.S. There are no guns in Canada eh? Did I use EH correctly?
    10-10-08 01:56 PM
    I appreciate all of the responses I received. P.S. There are no guns in Canada eh? Did I use EH correctly?
    lol. The infamous eh!
    10-10-08 02:29 PM
    Not anymore it's not, actually the building is in Dubai now. (not the CN tower lol) They took the crown as of this year actually. I remember hearing something about it on City TV how they were upset about it. But CN Tower is a great building and it's cool to go up.

Hey! Gimme a shout if you want, I live at Yonge and Eglinton and would be happy to show you about.

Go up the CN tower- tallest free standing structure in the world
    If you wanna shop check out Yonge street and the Eatons centre
    Argos games are starting! CFL kicks the NFL's ***.
    If there's anything in particular you're intersted lemme know and I can point you in the right direction

Oh and the hockey hall of fame!
    10-10-08 02:35 PM
    Hand guns have been tightly restricted since the '50's. Unfortunatly, that does little to keep them out of the hands of the hard core element that want them.

In practice, there are very few guns on the streets of Canada.

A few years back, my city's hockey team came in second best and there were a lot of upset fans rioting in the streets. One notable statistic that came out of the ruckus, was two hand guns seized.

On the plus side, the city of Vancouver is the host to Four Summer nights of fireworks every year. That draws crowds of family viewers that number in the hundreds of thousands. It is nearly always peaceful and a great time for everybody.

Go West young man, eh
    10-10-08 02:57 PM
    Cut... so stupid... Lol. You could've invited me to. I want to help take over for Kev as well.
    10-10-08 03:05 PM
    Cut... so stupid... Lol. You could've invited me to. I want to help take over for Kev as well.
    You know you are more than welcome lets go!
    10-10-08 10:41 PM
    Not anymore it's not, actually the building is in Dubai now. (not the CN tower lol) They took the crown as of this year actually. I remember hearing something about it on City TV how they were upset about it. But CN Tower is a great building and it's cool to go up.
    No. The building in Dubai is a BUILDING. It took the crown from the Empire State bulding. The CN tower is STILL the world's tallest FREE STANDING STRUCTURE in the world!
    10-11-08 02:35 PM
    I don't think much is going on in TO that weekend. As others have suggested, there is the usual touristy spots like the CN Tower, Rogers Centre, Air Canada Centre (home of the Leafs and Raptors), Eaton Centre (mall), St. Lawrence Market, Yorkville (trendy/$$), Fort York, Distillery District, Danforth (Greektown), Chinatown, Entertainment District (bars, clubs), etc. A quick visit to Toronto's website will give you a bit more ideas.

I was going to say if you ventured out an hour west towards Kitchener, one of the largest Bavarian festivals, Oktoberfest, is going on. The only thing is you'd need to get transportation out this way.

Plus, you could drive past RIM HQ in Waterloo
    10-11-08 05:08 PM
    Too bad you're not coming to Winnerpeg. I guess while in TO you can cheer for the third place Argos rather than the second place Blue Bombers! Catch a CFL game. You'll be impressed!

Seriously the mecca...The Hockey Hall Of Fame as mentioned previously.

THis is us summed up in a beer commercial. Fitting...Eh?
    Cool Canuck Award - Welcome to the true White North
    Last edited by Rodo; 10-11-08 at 09:14 PM.
    10-11-08 09:09 PM
    Seriously the mecca...The Hockey Hall Of Fame as mentioned previously.
    Ah..yes, sadly I forgot about the HHOF. It's really sad because I work across the street from it and have never had the time to go inside.
    10-11-08 09:31 PM
    Visit Lakeshore in Toronto!
    10-11-08 10:45 PM
    Another good place to visit is the Ontario Science Center...if you are into science and technology.

I don't know why so many people trash Canada :P Though Toronto is a very large city and you dont really get to see the beauty.... Canada is HUGE (much larger than the US) and you can't say 'Canada Sux' because you think Toronto does! I have been to many cities in the US (with the Canadian Navy) and I'd much rather be a Canadian. I feel much safer anyway.... I felt unsafe even walking by myself anywhere in Norfolk VA, and when we were in Baltimore... forget it!

Oh, and it's still t-shirt weather here in Halifax, NS. I dont know why people think as soon as they step across the border, they will be stepping into the arctic! lol.

edit; Oh, and I have NEVER used the word 'eh' or heard anyone else use it, unless in a joke.
    10-12-08 10:06 AM
    Time for the move to off topic.
    10-12-08 10:18 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD