I agree Sid is playing his **** off but he needs to balance it with the ability to be humble. He may not get back to this point, he plays for a small market team with lots of free agents after this season. Needs to act like a man and admit the other team is better.

By the way, that image is classic.
    Well, it took Ronny Francis 9 years. It took Stevie about 13 years. Those guys had it worse considering the players around them.
    06-02-08 01:05 PM
    what kind of leader would step and say "yeah they're better..." and then get on the ice and play? thats a crazy statement....its a young team and the red wings have done a fantastic job of shutting them down...i guess being a league mvp, scoring title holder, and a captain of an nhl team all by the time you're 20 means you're a failure lol....just wish they'd stretch this thing out...dont want to wait til october to watch hockey again lol
    06-02-08 03:03 PM
    I'm not saying a leader would say they're better. He's said the wings were a good team, etc.

But, a class leader wouldn't complain about refs, NHL rules, etc. A good leader would get the extra something out of his players (Malkin).

Personal awards don't mean anything unless you can win a cup. Every player says that. I'm sick of the media taggin crosby as the next great one. Was sick of it since day one.

He's got some growing up to do. Both as captain and as a player. It'll come, but he's certainly got some work ahead of him to be the complete package.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-08 03:26 PM
    oh. Yzerman was never MVP. I'm pretty sure he's never won a scoring title. solid.

06-02-08 03:30 PM
    he's doin alright so far i'd say....already out pacing gretzky...along way to go agreed, but the kid is "solid" himself...friggin good game so far though, prob best one yet
    06-02-08 08:36 PM
    okay, so far.......def one of the best hockey games i've ever seen...
    06-02-08 10:19 PM
    YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

GAME 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im so tired now.... goodnight.

-db
    06-02-08 11:52 PM
    I'm not much of a hockey guy.. but I did watch a few hockey games before the playoffs... But I turned on the TV tonight and starting watching from the 2nd OT to the end...

It was a good game.. It must have been tiring for the players though.. DAMN!
    06-03-08 02:10 AM
    i figured db was gonna make another reappearance after that lol
    06-03-08 06:26 AM
    Great game, bad result, chit happens, I need a nap real bad. This getting to work at 6:30 a.m. after a 3 OT game isn't good. It was to the point that I didn't care who scored I just wanted to go to sleep....lol
    06-03-08 07:22 AM
    GO PENS GO!!!!!!!
    Bring it---game 6
    06-03-08 08:07 AM
    And the fans come out of the woodwork!

I'm here to eat a little crow. Lastnight, actually all day yesterday, I was a little too confident. I was expecting total dominance by the wings.

That being said, this was one of the best games I have seen in a long dang time. Props to the pens for playing a complete game. Takes a lot of will to play hard knowing that if you don't score in 30 seconds, your dead.

Ill take the ribbing for a day or so. Then, tomorrow night, its on once again.

06-03-08 10:24 AM
    WOW
    That was a mouth full--just kiddin.
    Hey Daryll--bring it!!! hahahha
    06-03-08 10:43 AM
    Hey man. Seriously, Pens played a great game. Wings played a great game. Fleury was the key for the Pens. Wings out everythinged the Pens from the 3rd period on except when it mattered.

On the bus ride to work, i tried getting po'd at the result of the game. Couldn't do it. Hard as i tried, there wasn't a depression I could muster or a disdain for the outcome of the game that i could hang my hat on. It was frustrating no doubt but i sat watching the game with my Pens fan roommate and at the end, i said 'wow dude, that was an awesome game'.

06-03-08 12:53 PM
    Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
    06-03-08 04:38 PM
    Sidenote:

Espn 'forums' are pretty funny to read. 2 percent substance and 98 percent lame trash talk.

I can't believe fans of either team are still using refs and bad calls as reasons for losses. At the moment, I think any and al bad calls for both teams have cancelled each other out. And shoot, the game last night was a game where both teams got a free one and couldn't do anything with it.

06-03-08 04:40 PM
    I thought the Red Wings were going to take it... They seemed to have contorl most of the OT's... But then again I'm not much of a Hockey guy... Since I don't have a Hockey team.. I have to go with underdog situation... GO PENS!

What about the SJ Sharks!! (home town team) HAHA just kidding.
    06-03-08 04:47 PM
    Last night was one of the best games I think I've seen. By the end though I was just glad it was over so I could go to sleep. Can't wait for tomorrow now, should be a good game. As far as the refs go, there were bad calls on both sides, just part of the game. GO WINGS!

06-03-08 10:39 PM
    fluery def won it for them without a doubt - no fluery no game 6...wings still out played them but that damn fluery had the game of his life...daryl, you know you'd love to see the wings win it at home...we need a game 7....
    06-04-08 06:33 AM
    Meh. I don't care about the winning at home thing. They didn't seem to mind in 98 against the caps. I think now, its just a matter just finishing.

06-04-08 09:40 AM
    im still hoping for a game 7.....nothing better than one game to decide it all
    06-04-08 11:23 AM
    Stanley Cup Champion Detroit Red Wings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Woooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooo
    06-04-08 09:43 PM
    Red Wings!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes. Woooooooooohhhooooohhhhhoooooooooo. Stanley Cup Winners. That's What I Thought Crosby!!!! Go Sit Down!!!!

06-04-08 09:45 PM
    Gotta give it up to the Pens they played a hellava series and never gave up, I applaud them.

On that note I'm just friggin giddy with the win, and I'm glad it's over, my ticker couldn't of taken another game...lol
    06-04-08 09:49 PM
    I don't need to say anything. Everybody knows what just happened.

06-04-08 10:02 PM
233 ... 678910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD