07-02-08 09:36 PM
233 ... 56789 ...
tools
    speaking of class...

read all the quotes by the wings and babcock. not once can you find excuses or blame from them. That's professional right there. No whining about the best defenseman ever getting hit in the face and not having it called. Nothing about lucky bounces or being cheated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-08 01:09 PM
    Roberts played in an era of the goon. His attempt at getting his team riled up for the next game was good and I applaud it. However, the way he did it was bullcrap.

If he wasn't a tiny baby, he would have manned up and dropped the gloves with somebody. Course, by the way Datsyuk out muscled him, Roberts probably couldn't handle too many guys on the ice.

05-29-08 01:12 PM
    you can say that again. My boy had gotten mugged for years in front of the net. But he knows thats whats coming.

And the Wings are known for their class. They can hit when they want to, but don't always HAVE too like some other teams.

I think it was low rent to just be like " i dont' think they did anything. It was just us"

WTF?? The wings didn't do anything shutting you out two game straight?? WOW. I guess thats a whole lot of nuthin....
    05-29-08 01:13 PM
    I didn't see this on TV but somebody else posted about it on another forum.

Funny moment pre-game when they announce Scotty Bowman for the ceremonial faceoff. Scattered boos, followed by strong boos when they announce that he was coach of the last Wings Cup winner. Then they announce he was also coach of the last Pens Cup winner, followed by confused silence and then cheering.

Yep, these Pens fans are hardcore. No bandwagon jumpers here.

05-29-08 02:26 PM
    I didn't see this on TV but somebody else posted about it on another forum.

Funny moment pre-game when they announce Scotty Bowman for the ceremonial faceoff. Scattered boos, followed by strong boos when they announce that he was coach of the last Wings Cup winner. Then they announce he was also coach of the last Pens Cup winner, followed by confused silence and then cheering.

Yep, these Pens fans are hardcore. No bandwagon jumpers here.

That's hilarious....LOL
    05-29-08 02:33 PM
    On a sad note in the world of hockey.....

óLuc Bourdon, a promising rookie defenseman with the Vancouver Canucks, was killed Thursday when his motorcycle struck a tractor-trailer in a crash near his hometown. He was 21.

My condolences to his family.
    05-29-08 02:36 PM
    That's sad. RIP bro.

05-29-08 03:26 PM
    Holmstrom might not play in game 4.

It's frustrating but we'll see. I'm sure that if he's able to stand on skates and take a beating, he'll be up in the crease creating chances.

05-30-08 03:04 PM
    TSN in Canada is reporting that Barry Melrose will take over the head coaching for Lightning next year.

Awesome! No more ***** commentary. AND, the east just got a bit weaker.

05-30-08 03:09 PM
    thats not necessarily fact yet daryll...

i think the ownership might change and it may not go through...

-db
    05-30-08 03:11 PM
    wasn't saying it was fact. Just posting something I heard.

05-30-08 03:16 PM
    for the record, and not the freak any lightning fans out:

"According to the Star, incoming team owner Oren Koules has pushed for the hiring of Melrose in an effort to further sell the team and the sport in Florida. His group is awaiting approval from the NHL's Board Of Governors to take over the team, with the vote set to take place on June 18."

05-30-08 03:18 PM
    Exciting game, HUGE WIN for the Wings. So much for home ice win streak for the Pens.

ONE WIN AWAY!!!!
    05-31-08 09:49 PM
    Let's see if my prediction holds true.

One more game Wings!
    05-31-08 11:02 PM
    Zetterberg. Money.

I gave mention of his defensive skills as a forward and that 5 on 3 showed what I was talking about. That was the series right there.

Hank won that game tonight. That's all I got for now. Bring it on home.

05-31-08 11:42 PM
    Holmstrom might not play in game 4.

It's frustrating but we'll see. I'm sure that if he's able to stand on skates and take a beating, he'll be up in the crease creating chances.

Didn't need him. lol He can play game five..for the cup baby!!
    06-01-08 02:53 PM
    Ah yes, it's Game 5 tonight, probably the last game of the year. At least I hope it is. Word is Malkin and Fleury were crying in the locker room after game 4, sounds like a defeated team to me. Well, Milkcarton should be crying but in a way I feel for him I think his tank is just empty and he just doesn't have anything left, which is odd considering how much rest the Pens got on their way to the Final.

Oh well, it's good to be a Wings fan
    06-02-08 06:34 AM
    Game 5 tonight! Any predections? Conn Smythe winner now that we've played 4 games of the series?

Zetts
    Osgood
    Lidstrom
    Datsyuk
    Kronwall

That order. Unless Osgood has a superb performance tonight, the MVP goes to Zetterberg. ****, the 5-3 alone could have solidified it for him.

Holmstrom will play.
    06-02-08 09:35 AM
    I can't argue with that order for the Conn Smythe although I think the top 2 are closer than you think, Osgood has been awesome, Zetterburg has been lacking a bit on offense in this series which may put Osgood over the top but either works for me as long as they are lift the big trophy tonight.
    06-02-08 09:43 AM
    I can't argue with that order for the Conn Smythe although I think the top 2 are closer than you think, Osgood has been awesome, Zetterburg has been lacking a bit on offense in this series which may put Osgood over the top but either works for me as long as they are lift the big trophy tonight.
    people that vote for the MVP will recognize Zetterberg's elite defensive skills this playoff series. That, coupled with his points will earn him the trophy.
    06-02-08 09:58 AM
    To me it's a coin flip, to be honest it doesn't even matter to me they both have had a great playoff season and whoever wins it would be hard to argue against, unless they gave it to Lilja or Hasek or something LOL.
    06-02-08 10:07 AM
    I agree. I'm guessing both don't really care. Fans seem to make a bigger deal out of it. A Conn smythe would certainly seal osgoods fate as a hall of fame goalie though. That's just a fans opinion.

06-02-08 11:22 AM
    I think the biggest question is whether or not Sindey Crosby will ever give credit where credit is due. I mean come on already, all the whining about clutching and grabbing obstruction isn't going to do any good, just admit the Wings are playing better hockey when you lose....and for the record yes I did intentionally misspell his name...lol
    06-02-08 12:19 PM
    I think the biggest question is whether or not Sindey Crosby will ever give credit where credit is due. I mean come on already, all the whining about clutching and grabbing obstruction isn't going to do any good, just admit the Wings are playing better hockey when you lose....and for the record yes I did intentionally misspell his name...lol
    I think Sid's playin' he **** off. However, he needs to grow up a bit. This is his first big dose of pressure and he needs to learn that being humble (Steve Yzerman) is gonna earn you more respect than being able to assist and score goals (Steve Yzerman). Figure out a perfect balance of those 2 abilities and he will have success in heavy doses that he can put in all those Stanley Cup victories (Steve Yzerman).

Last edited by daryllh; 06-02-08 at 12:50 PM.
    06-02-08 12:47 PM
    I think Sid's playin' he **** off. However, he needs to grow up a bit. This is his first big dose of pressure and he needs to learn that being humble (Steve Yzerman) is gonna earn you more respect than being able to assist and score goals (Steve Yzerman). Figure out a perfect balance of those 2 abilities and he will have success in heavy doses that he can put in all those Stanley Cup victories (Steve Yzerman).

I agree Sid is playing his **** off but he needs to balance it with the ability to be humble. He may not get back to this point, he plays for a small market team with lots of free agents after this season. Needs to act like a man and admit the other team is better.

By the way, that image is classic.
    06-02-08 12:57 PM
233 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD