I knew melrose would probably end up there... I just was pointing out the ownership situation because it was mentioned as a possible reason he might not become the coach...

yeah yeah yeah I know i started this thread all hot and bothered about the pens...and for a while it looked like they COULDNT be stopped...

and yes...detroit won the series...

but the Pens gave them a run...and if you were paying attention...that series COULD HAVE gone differently....

Im sorry to see malone go...local boy and all...good player too and tough....he grew up not far from me....

malkin has SAID he is committed to staying here...but athletes lie...but so far...he says he turned doen a huge chunk to stay...if he does i love him forever...

i was content to wait till next year...(there is nothing more annoying than a freakin wings fan...)

so next year we'll see...ought to be fun...

and thank GOD its almost football season.... (do you think the lions will break .500?)

-db
    Last edited by daddybear; 06-30-08 at 11:50 AM.
    06-30-08 11:45 AM
    I don't know about the Lions besides what I hear about them via news and NFL network. I'm a Wings fan because we didn't have pro hockey growing up in NE Wisconsin. My uncle was a Steelers fan when I was growing up. I've followed the Steelers since 81 because of that. So we may have something in common (besides thinking Lidstrom is the greatest hockey player playing right now and Zetterberg is one **** of a defensive forward).

I was paying attention. Any series in the last 110 years of hockey could have gone differently. Fact is, the series didn't go differently. It ended with the best team winning. We have 16 pages of a thread that talk about that. It's fun re-reading.

'(there is nothing more annoying than a freakin wings fan...)'

good point. Just think if I started a Go Wings thread!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-08 12:53 PM
    On a good note the Wings resigned Lilja and Stuart so far today.
    07-01-08 12:46 PM
    Apparently Ty Conklin is a Wing now too.
    07-01-08 02:21 PM
    Oh me oh MY!

Hossa signs a 1 year/7.4 million dollar deal with the Wings. Well, that's another cup win next year.

He took less money to win a cup. was offered 9 million a year in Edmonton.

Ken Holland is the best GM in sports. PERIOD! Now, I have to root for him. Oh well.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!

07-02-08 01:51 PM
    Oh me oh MY!

Hossa signs a 1 year/7.4 million dollar deal with the Wings. Well, that's another cup win next year.

He took less money to win a cup. was offered 9 million a year in Edmonton.

Ken Holland is the best GM in sports. PERIOD! Now, I have to root for him. Oh well.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!

Seems like the Pens are starting to look like the Wings farm club...lol
    07-02-08 06:51 PM
    Some interesting info. Holland had spoke with the Hossa camp yesterday about a possible deal. Then the Pittsburgh and Edmonton offers came in and Holland figured he was out since the Wings couldn't match that much money over that much time.

Apparently Winter, Hossa's agent, along with Hossa called Holland around 8:00 this morning and said they were interested in a deal. Hossa wanted to know about ice time and how he'd fit in with the team, so Holland had him call Babcock.

Hossa gets off the phone with Babcock and calls Winter and Holland and said the conversation went great. They started talking money again and Holland told Hossa that when Lidstrom signed his new deal last year (at $7.5M a year), Holland had promised him that he'd be the highest paid Wing.

Holland offered to call Lidstrom and get his "ok" about paying Hossa more. Hossa said "Don't bother. If you pay me $7.45 for one year, I'm a Wing."

And it was done.

07-02-08 09:17 PM
    Some interesting info. Holland had spoke with the Hossa camp yesterday about a possible deal. Then the Pittsburgh and Edmonton offers came in and Holland figured he was out since the Wings couldn't match that much money over that much time.

Apparently Winter, Hossa's agent, along with Hossa called Holland around 8:00 this morning and said they were interested in a deal. Hossa wanted to know about ice time and how he'd fit in with the team, so Holland had him call Babcock.

Hossa gets off the phone with Babcock and calls Winter and Holland and said the conversation went great. They started talking money again and Holland told Hossa that when Lidstrom signed his new deal last year (at $7.5M a year), Holland had promised him that he'd be the highest paid Wing.

Holland offered to call Lidstrom and get his "ok" about paying Hossa more. Hossa said "Don't bother. If you pay me $7.45 for one year, I'm a Wing."

And it was done.

It's good to be on top of the mountain.

EDIT: Just had to add this....the already have 12 forwards under NHL contracts next season...bargaining power at its best.
    07-02-08 09:36 PM
233 ... 8910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD