As much as I despise, hate and just don't like the Red Wings (enough with the damn octopus on the ice), the Ottawa Sens fan inside me is loving watching the Pens get spanked. /bitter
    Come on man. The octopus is as much a part of NHL history as the 11 cup wins the original senators had, ALMOST 100 YEARS AGO!

05-27-08 10:26 AM
    05-27-08 11:12 AM
    I do say, Wings in 5.

Penguins will win game 4.

Just mah guess.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-08 11:59 AM
    You think when Pens fans were seeing that on their tvs that they just said "oh crap, we are in trouble, our starting goalie can't even get on the ice without flopping like a fish out of water" LOL
    05-27-08 01:58 PM
    I felt so bad for Fleury lol.

And the Sens may not have won a cup in 100 years, but unlike say, oh, the Maple Laffs they didn't have a TEAM to compete for one, for a good chunk of that time.

What's Toronto's excuse?
    05-27-08 02:03 PM
    I think I heard somewhere that the Leafs have seven owners or something like that and nobody seems to have enough power to make decisions regarding hockey...not that I care I'm a Wings fan and always will be.
    05-27-08 02:09 PM
    they need a decent GM, period. They've needed one for a long, long time. Somebody needs to have the nuts to bring good hockey back to Toronto.

Ken Holland (Detroits current GM) has been whispered to be a front-runner after this season is over. Since he came to the Wings front office, he's created a dynasty with 3 cup wins and a 4th right around the corner. One of the best GMs in pro sports.

He was drafted by Toronto back in 75 so there is a coming home theory behind the rumors.

I'd hate to see him go but I always forget we have Steve Yzerman waiting to take over Kenny's job.

05-27-08 03:08 PM
    they need a decent GM, period. They've needed one for a long, long time. Somebody needs to have the nuts to bring good hockey back to Toronto.

Ken Holland (Detroits current GM) has been whispered to be a front-runner after this season is over. Since he came to the Wings front office, he's created a dynasty with 3 cup wins and a 4th right around the corner. One of the best GMs in pro sports.

He was drafted by Toronto back in 75 so there is a coming home theory behind the rumors.

I'd hate to see him go but I always forget we have Steve Yzerman waiting to take over Kenny's job.

Ken Holland isn't going anywhere, he stated as much the other day.

HockeyBuzz.com - Howard Berger - Ken Holland Confirms He's Going Nowhere
    05-27-08 03:33 PM
    Good find. Didn't hear about that. Too bad for Toronto, Scotty isn't a bit younger. He did wonders with the Pens with his front office job (among his other, glorious achievements).

05-27-08 03:45 PM
    The first step is stopping the stranglehold that MLSE has on the coach of the Leafs. No one can make a decision without the committee and it's killing them.
    05-28-08 03:21 AM
    So do the Pens finally score a goal tonight? If so, how long into the game will it take?

I'm going to say they will finally put one in the net, 5 minutes into the 2nd period. They will probably be trailing when they score.
    05-28-08 05:51 AM
    I predict the pens win tonight. Game winner will be Malone from Crosby. Close game. 3 to 2.

05-28-08 08:31 AM
    Oh, first goal will be from hossa.

05-28-08 08:33 AM
    the pens better get rid of the deer in headlights look they've had the last two games.

the longer the game goes without a pens goal the more the pressure will mount on them so if they are going to win they will probably need to score first and fairly early in the game.
    05-28-08 08:50 AM
    daddybear:

Dude, I'm really concerned. I hope you didn't jump off a building or anything. I'm guessing you're still going to the game tonight. I expect, that if the Pens win, you'll be back here.

While I'm flexing the **** out of my Wings fandom muscles, I do think that the Pens have a great shot at winning. I'll be here to eat crow (just a tiny bit mind you) if you decide to post again.

If the Wings do win, my goodness, you have a buffet of crow to belly up to if you come back to the fray. LOL

05-28-08 11:25 AM
    we should start checkin the obits for db....lol...although the pens were totally asleep in game one...game two the atleast showed some signs of consiousness, ozzie put the kabash on that though....game three - i'll think they'll completely wake up and begin making this a series
    05-28-08 11:33 AM
    Maybe he ate and drank himself to death with that savory concoction he posted.

05-28-08 11:35 AM
    a def possibility....lol....im going to miss most of the game tonight, we have our own finals going on here...we're up 1-0 in a best of three, looking to close it up tonight....
    05-28-08 11:37 AM
    I was wondering what happened to him as well, for all the trash he was talkin my guess is he won't make an appearance until there is a victory by the Pens, he may have to wait until next year for that.

I'm not sure the Pens have a solution for the Wings, they may win a game, maybe 2 but Wings are gonna win the Cup it's just a question of how many games it will take.

The fact that the coach is whining about the officiating isn't a good sign, the post game press conf. looked like he was headed toward a meltdown. I realize he's just trying to get some calls for tonights game but he's smoking crack if he thinks the Wings were obstructing in some an illegal way.

Funny thing is I was reading the Post-Gazette yesterday and the writers at that fine Pittsburgh paper had all but given up. I read one writer say something about it could be over in 3...lol
    05-28-08 11:42 AM
    I may miss some of the game tonight, not sure, have golf league tonight so either have to finish and head home or quickly head to a bar.
    05-28-08 11:44 AM
    I hate the accusations of obstruction. Watch the games. Feet moving by the wings all the time. They deserve as much ice real estate as the pens when they do that. i dont see sticks comin' up, i see some of the tightest puck possession defense I've seen in the playoffs.

05-28-08 11:45 AM
    Exactly, the Wings are just smothering them, as soon as a Pen touches the puck someone is in his grill and either it gets take away or they have to dump it and hope they get it back.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Pens win their home games but if you look at the year long standing the Wings are almost as good on the road and the Pens were at home, one game difference as a matter of fact.
    Pens home record 26-10-5
    Wings road record 25-12-4

The Wings probably will approach this game the same as they did the first 2, being on the road won't be a big issue like Pens fans hope.

Edit:Pens 8-0 at home, Wings 6-3 I believe on road in playoffs
    Last edited by atlas9171; 05-28-08 at 11:54 AM. Reason: records don't include playoffs
    05-28-08 11:51 AM
    its true...pens have to figure out to keep the puck and stay away from the wings...the vs commentators nailed it - they call these wins "precision" and thats exactly what it is....some of the cleanest hockey we've seen in a long time
    05-28-08 11:53 AM
    Listening to Hradek talk about the line changes tonight. For those that don't know (few here I imagine) the Pens get last line rights for the next 2 games. Babcock has said that he wasn't going to 'chase' Therien's lines. With the possession play the Wings have, chasing lines isn't going to be a big switch in the game plan.

What I'm afraid of is Lilja and Lebda against the first line of the Pens. Lilja has been a bust for Babcock. While he's gotten a little bit better this year, he's a failure for the most part. He's going to be tested the next 2 games and with Chelios 'hurt', there's going to be some chinks in the Wings blue line armor.

05-28-08 12:02 PM
    Kris Letang is out tonight. Darryl Sydor is in. Sydor brings experience but also a little rust?

05-28-08 12:07 PM
233 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD