yeah... kronwall is a pretty good open ice hitter..

but if you ask drake or mccarty who's the league heavyweight and i bet THEY say Laraque.....

and nobody i know who understands the game doesnt give osgood the respect he deserves... i think he's awesome..

but whichever side you come down on...if you are an actual fan of the game you have to like the matchup... both teams have very dangerous scorers...both teams have great team defense (although i would give the nod to defensive FORWARDS to pittsburgh...detroit has a stout blue line).. and both teams have top notch tier one goalies...osgood has totally reinvented his own game for the better. fleury has made the first three rounds look pretty easy...

neither team wants to take a penalty uneccesarily because both power plays are so good.

i'm getting goose bumps for saturday night...i'm gonna have a big dinner...a nice cold beer...and lots of snacks for the game...

-db
    05-22-08 11:41 AM
    (although i would give the nod to defensive FORWARDS to pittsburgh...detroit has a stout blue line)
    I'd argue that. Both Zetterberg and Datsyuk are finalists for the Selke trophy this year. I'm guessing Datsyuk wins it. The guys a beast on D and steals pucks every night.

Laraque is a monster. Ruutu is one of those guys who can get under the skin. I'm just on the side of the fence that things experience will play a huge part of the muscle side story this playoff year.
    05-22-08 11:51 AM
    i'm getting goose bumps for saturday night...i'm gonna have a big dinner...a nice cold beer...and lots of snacks for the game...
    At least you can watch it on your own tv, in your own home. I have to travel back to Wisconsin for the holiday. I'm forced to watch it in a loud, crummy Buffalo Wild Wings Saturday night and watch my phone update the score Monday evening (traveling back to Minneapolis).
    05-22-08 11:56 AM
    datsyuk is great...but watch marian hossa go back into his own end and take the puck back...or jordan staal...if you can name an NHL player that cleaned up his own end better than Jordan Staal at age 19!!! sign him...

sorry you wont get to watch the games in comfort of home..

i'll try not to rub in the fact that im gonna go to game 3...

-db
    05-22-08 12:20 PM
    wht does go pens means ?
    05-23-08 03:56 AM
    Pens=penguins

Its a hockey thing.

-db

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-08 05:15 AM
    Rumor in Detroit is that franzen may end up retiring this year. His concussion is actually hemorrhaging of the brain. Wings are waiting till after playoffs to announce it.

Might not be true but if it is, that's really really sad. The guy was coming into his own and was on pace to win a Conn smyth. Less than 30 years old.
    He did skate this week and ken Holland listed him as doubtful so maybe the rumor is just fiction. Let's hope.

05-23-08 11:38 AM
    i just read to today that it's a good possibility he'll see ice time at some point during the series...rumors running rampant...gotta love it
    05-23-08 12:13 PM
    Tonight's the night !
    Tonight's the night !

Fire up the popcorn machine !

Wings and beer !

Or...if you are like me:
    One can chick peas
    One can black beans
    Five garlic cloves
    Juice of two lemons
    Half cup olive oil
    Three tbs tahini
    Pinch cayenne
    Salt and pepper
    Mix in food processor til smooth
    Dip toasted pita in and enjoy
    Yum....

Oh and GO PENS!!

-db

05-24-08 12:14 PM
    the beer is already cold...work ends in 45 minutes...and the BBQ will be on right up until 805pm....gonna be a good one
    05-24-08 12:57 PM
    shoot that reminds me...

gotta go get some beeeeeeer!

-db
    05-24-08 01:06 PM
    Whiskey and ice for me. Found a townie sports bar to watch the game at.

Good luck fellas.

05-24-08 02:21 PM
    0-0 after one.....

Time to crank up the heat!

-db

05-24-08 08:06 PM
    Malkin? Crosby? Hossa?

Should have been 5 to 0.

Detroits defense is too heavy once they have the lead. Beware.

05-24-08 09:56 PM
    You guys have been really quiet since the end of the first period in game one. What gives?

Daddybear, I'd like to hear your thoughts. How do you feel about malkins absence? How do you feel about therriens decision to switch up his lines already? Scratching laraques too for tonight. McCarty must have out skated him.

I'm not cashin in tonights game but if the pens don't win tonight, its over...no matter what their home record is.

05-26-08 09:51 AM
    Go wings! Let's have another team Sweden dominated game.

05-26-08 11:17 AM
    pens got schooled fer sher....tonight should be a pretty diff game i think....i dont see the youngsters on pitt losing their momentum for too long...not that im saying they'll win, but i think they'll at least show up tonight lol
    05-26-08 11:25 AM
    Franzen cleared to play tonight! Oh yeah! Here comes the mule.

05-26-08 01:16 PM
    nuff said.
    05-26-08 04:17 PM
    yes that is very sad indeed. he was becoming a monster. maybe the diagnosis will change. they are saying he might skate in the game. if its this serious i hope he does not. not worth his life. as long as he gets his name on the cup, which he better.

whats the participation rule to get name on cup?
    Rumor in Detroit is that franzen may end up retiring this year. His concussion is actually hemorrhaging of the brain. Wings are waiting till after playoffs to announce it.

Might not be true but if it is, that's really really sad. The guy was coming into his own and was on pace to win a Conn smyth. Less than 30 years old.
    He did skate this week and ken Holland listed him as doubtful so maybe the rumor is just fiction. Let's hope.

05-26-08 04:21 PM
    He will play. And he will get his name on the cup. I think you only have to play in 4 playoff games to get your name on it.

05-26-08 05:45 PM
    Wow. 2 to 0 after the first. Game 2 is shapin up to be awesome.

You guys realize that at this rate, wings will have won 4 cups with only 1 loss in all those finals.

I'm getting ahead of myself.

05-26-08 08:13 PM
    Gary Roberts:

You are a scag. That's all I have to say.

Malkin:

I'll go easy on you. You're young and ignorant. Your complaining that you are 'tired' isn't going to make you an elite player. Showing some heart will.

By the way, that was Datsyuk kickin' Roberts' a** during the scrum.

daddybear:

where are you bro?! You've been as quiet as Sid Crosby! Chime in and tell me your thoughts. Come quick before the series is over.
    Last edited by daryllh; 05-27-08 at 01:12 AM.
    05-27-08 01:03 AM
    As much as I despise, hate and just don't like the Red Wings (enough with the damn octopus on the ice), the Ottawa Sens fan inside me is loving watching the Pens get spanked. /bitter
    05-27-08 02:52 AM
    I thought the Pens had high powered, unstoppable offense.....lol

The Pens fans should stop worrying about winning a game and worry about whether or not they will score a goal...LOL

They couldn't even get a shot on net the first half of the game unless they were on a power play....LOL

Oh well there is always next year Pens fans, don't cry too much in your Iron City beer it will get even more watered down....LOL
    05-27-08 06:12 AM
233 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD