This thread is being created to continue a thread that has gotten off topic.
    01-24-09 06:48 PM
    ...this thread for previous discussion.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/than...63/index5.html
    01-24-09 06:50 PM
    hey Sidlexic, I tell you what I will watch the movie so that I will have a "legit" view. However you can do something for me. I would like for you to find three reputable sources that PROVE that the gradual increase in global temp. is man made and is not linked to thenatural events that have also contributed to the already receding ice age.

Give me a couple days to watch it. Since I am in school most of the day I need to watch in segments.

Do we have a deal???
    01-24-09 07:01 PM
    Man I wish I had the title of the book I came across one day while I was studying for boards last summer.... I'm on your side on this one Madphone.

It was written by a climatologist and his opening statement was something like this, "If I have spent my life studying this issue and have surrounded myself with people who have done the same, and I can't say for certain that the climate is changing, anyone who claims they can predict global climate change is either deceiving you, themselves or both."

I guarantee you that anyone who says they know FOR CERTAIN which direction the climate is headed has either a financial or political interest in their prediction... and some people are just caught up in the "feel-good" idea of doing something to "improve" the well being of the Earth.
    01-24-09 07:26 PM
    Try this on for size
    George Carlin, “The Planet Is Fine” � Gospel of Reason

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-09 07:50 PM
    Man I wish I had the title of the book I came across one day while I was studying for boards last summer.... I'm on your side on this one Madphone.

It was written by a climatologist and his opening statement was something like this, "If I have spent my life studying this issue and have surrounded myself with people who have done the same, and I can't say for certain that the climate is changing, anyone who claims they can predict global climate change is either deceiving you, themselves or both."

I guarantee you that anyone who says they know FOR CERTAIN which direction the climate is headed has either a financial or political interest in their prediction... and some people are just caught up in the "feel-good" idea of doing something to "improve" the well being of the Earth.
    I don't know if this is just heresay, but didn't Al Gore get sued for just that?
    01-24-09 08:34 PM
    Are you talking about this?

01-24-09 08:37 PM

Not to sure, I just remember hearing that he got sued over Global Warming stuff.

Supposedly he's under house arrest for assaulting a man while screaming:

"I CAUGHT MANBEARPIG I CAUGHT MANBEARPIG NOW YOU CAN ALL LOVE ME AND PRAISE ME! CAN I BE PRESIDENT NOW?!!?!"

Lulz.
    01-24-09 08:53 PM
    I'm waiting for Al Gore to assert that he's black... And I'm sure there are at least 3 people who read this that say, "He's not?"
    01-24-09 08:55 PM
    Try this on for size
    George Carlin, �The Planet Is Fine� � Gospel of Reason

I can not stomach that guy.
    01-24-09 10:18 PM
    hey Sidlexic, I tell you what I will watch the movie so that I will have a "legit" view. However you can do something for me. I would like for you to find three reputable sources that PROVE that the gradual increase in global temp. is man made and is not linked to thenatural events that have also contributed to the already receding ice age.

Give me a couple days to watch it. Since I am in school most of the day I need to watch in segments.

Do we have a deal???
    I never denied the ice age cycle, our emissions are speeding up the process. I suggested you watch the movie because i don't think you know the theory behind global warming. As for the reputable sources, they're in the movie.
    01-25-09 04:00 AM
    btw, even if GW is a hoax, what is so wrong about the idea of cleaning up our planet and our retardedly huge appetite for consuming the worlds limited resources.
    01-25-09 04:07 AM

Atleast Gore offered stats and names and facts. This guy simply says "no", where is his explanation?
    01-25-09 04:10 AM
    ...with a cleaner planet, but not with getting people to do it by pushing an idea that they are somehow contributing to the demise of the planet. Making people feel good about a cleaner planet by appealing to their sense of kindnessis better than fear anyday.

btw, even if GW is a hoax, what is so wrong about the idea of cleaning up our planet and our retardedly huge appetite for consuming the worlds limited resources.
    01-25-09 09:52 AM
    I never denied the ice age cycle, our emissions are speeding up the process. I suggested you watch the movie because i don't think you know the theory behind global warming. As for the reputable sources, they're in the movie.
    I still want three CREDIBLE sources that say that our activities as humans are the great factor in global Warming, and that it is not just a continuation of the evolution of this planet. If I am to watch the movie, which is going to take time I would like from you sources other than the ones in the movie. That is fair right? plus one or both of us just might learn something.
    01-25-09 09:55 AM
    Atleast Gore offered stats and names and facts. This guy simply says "no", where is his explanation?
    Did you listen to the interview? He says he has 30,000 scientists (most of which I assume are weather people, but hey...) that are willing to DEBATE Al Gore's "stats" and "facts".

I prefer to do my own research on the matter, because as I said, anyone who "claims" to have answers has a political or financial stake in the conclusion... GORE included.

When I was a wee lad, a cousin (a science teacher) had a room filled with back issues of a magazine called Science Digest. I remember reading one from about 1979 called :THE COMING ICE AGE!

Try researching the counter-global warming evidence. Call it doing reconnaissance on the enemy if you must, but it is essential to understanding that Global Climate Change is a DEBATE - it is NOT a CONCLUSION.
    Last edited by jdoc77; 01-25-09 at 10:11 AM.
    01-25-09 10:09 AM
    ...with a cleaner planet, but not with getting people to do it by pushing an idea that they are somehow contributing to the demise of the planet. Making people feel good about a cleaner planet by appealing to their sense of kindnessis better than fear anyday.
    no one will change without a scare tactic. ever. If anything, the fact that people are trying to debunk GW will more likely make people continue to polute more than they were before because now they think "oh some old guy on the internet said we cant hurt the planet so i guess its ok to pour motor oil into the sewers."
    01-25-09 04:08 PM
    Did you listen to the interview? He says he has 30,000 scientists (most of which I assume are weather people, but hey...) that are willing to DEBATE Al Gore's "stats" and "facts".

I prefer to do my own research on the matter, because as I said, anyone who "claims" to have answers has a political or financial stake in the conclusion... GORE included.

When I was a wee lad, a cousin (a science teacher) had a room filled with back issues of a magazine called Science Digest. I remember reading one from about 1979 called :THE COMING ICE AGE!

Try researching the counter-global warming evidence. Call it doing reconnaissance on the enemy if you must, but it is essential to understanding that Global Climate Change is a DEBATE - it is NOT a CONCLUSION.
    "The comming ice age" IS global warming. In lamens terms; the ice melts and shuts down the ocean currents. how? watch the movie.
    01-25-09 04:12 PM
    Maybe someone can invent a way to organically turn cold salt water into warm salt water on a mass scale so the oceans currents would never be disrupted. Maybe we can even learn to control the climate ourselves by this "ocean climate controller".

01-25-09 05:23 PM
    This still doesn't explain the temperature rise on Mars. The speculation (for Mars) has to do with changing albedo! If that's the case, increased cloud cover should COOL the earth, as clouds have a higher albedo than land or water... In other words, some scientists are trying to spin the mars warming in a way that makes very little sense.

But then again, water vapor (clouds) is said to INCREASE heat trapping...

Dood.. the article I'm referring to called "The coming ice age" was written in the late SEVENTIES !! Global "warming" was NOT the focus of the article.. there were pictures of arctic foxes roaming new york city because it was covered by a Glacier. It's my fault for not explaining this better but the best climatologists of the seventies predicted that the ice shelves would return in the next hundred years. There was no mention of ocean currents.

Again, I refer you to the idea of SOLAR MAXIMUMS. I'm not saying we should cut down trees and pollute the air, but the heat change is more likely due to the GIGANTIC BALL OF NUCLEAR FUSION that's 90 million miles north of here than anything else.
    01-25-09 05:35 PM
    I don't think you'll find anyone that really thinlks that leaving messes is OK. Here is my question to the skulls-full-of-mush that have been chug-a-lugging the eco-nuts' Kool-aid, "What is the ideal temperature of the planet".

You want to know the real reason behind the GW crowd? Follow the money!
    These folks have the biggest scam in history running, and they're making Madoff look like an amateur. The green movement has used fear, jealousy, intimidation, and ignorance to milk off billions of dollars so that they can fly private planes to closed meetings and figure out how to get more and more.

I could go on and connect the dots for more, but I am starting to see some folks begginning to wake up to reality about to take a big chunk out of our tuchas!

01-26-09 04:15 AM
    Global Warming Scares Me.

The Thought of Our Planet Dying Scares Me.

The Thought of a Nasty Hairy Bikini Line Scares Me.

The Thought of Aliens Coming Down To Earth Scares Me.

If there was a way to prevent all that- even if the possibilities of them happening are unlikely, I would do whatever was in my power to avoid it.

"An Ounce of Prevention Is Better Than A Pound of Cure."
    01-26-09 07:38 PM
    Do aliens wax

claire
    01-26-09 07:46 PM
    Do aliens wax
    No they have lasers to burn the hair off... they still probe you manually tho...
    01-26-09 07:52 PM
    So why did the Energizer Bunny have to give them a jump start

01-26-09 10:38 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD