Stupid question but anyways for those people using different forums {not just the CB forums}...the word [BUMP], What is your definition of the word BUMP?
    04-15-09 01:34 AM
    Bump = A gratuitous post that moves a thread to the top of the
    forum list in the hopes that it will garner more attention.
    04-15-09 01:44 AM
    its for when a question is not answered or you are looking for a different answer than what was given, and you want to bring the post back up to the top of the forum for others to see it. thats my definition anyway .
    04-15-09 01:46 AM
    Stupid question but anyways for those people using different forums {not just the CB forums}...the word [BUMP], What is your definition of the word BUMP?
    ..........yup
    04-15-09 02:19 AM
    A woman's b u t t.
    04-15-09 02:23 AM
    Again...

Your idea of a "bump" is incorrect, inconsiderate, and against forum rules.

Thank you. Come again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-09 06:08 AM
    Bump: a way of moving an unanswered forum post back to the top of the line in hopes of getting some more people to read it and in turn an answer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-09 06:13 AM
    Here's the CrackBerry definition:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f39/pos...uidelines-113/

Bumping
    This refers to posting with the deliberate intention to either pad your post count or to keep a thread 'hot' so it appears at the top of the forum. Bumping can sometimes be useful, but you must wait three days from the original post to bump the thread. Only one bump is allowed per thread per user. CrackBerry.com's moderator’s reserve the right to delete useless “bumps” at their discretion.

Make Meaningful Posts
    While CrackBerry.com is geared as much towards entertaining and connecting the Crackberry community as it is to helping solve problems and staying on top of news and rumors, all posts made within the site should be value added and on topic to the thread (even in the free for all). Hijacking a thread off-topic is a big No-No, and posts made for no reason other than to increase post count will be wiped from the site.
    Last edited by Motorcycle Mama; 04-15-09 at 06:26 AM.
    04-15-09 06:23 AM
    Here's the CrackBerry definition:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f39/pos...uidelines-113/

Bumping
    This refers to posting with the deliberate intention to either pad your post count or to keep a thread 'hot' so it appears at the top of the forum. Bumping can sometimes be useful, but you must wait three days from the original post to bump the thread. Only one bump is allowed per thread per user. CrackBerry.com's moderator�s reserve the right to delete useless �bumps� at their discretion.

Make Meaningful Posts
    While CrackBerry.com is geared as much towards entertaining and connecting the Crackberry community as it is to helping solve problems and staying on top of news and rumors, all posts made within the site should be value added and on topic to the thread (even in the free for all). Hijacking a thread off-topic is a big No-No, and posts made for no reason other than to increase post count will be wiped from the site.
    thank you MOMA. well copied and pasted
    i knew there was something on this topic around here.
    04-15-09 12:25 PM
    +1 couldn't have said it better my self
    04-15-09 12:46 PM
    *BUMP*

Lol, J/K. One (usually the OP) should only bump a thread when their inquiry has been overlooked/unanswered. Bumping to regain the thread's popularity is a lame and desperate cry for attention IMO.
    04-15-09 12:53 PM
    A woman's b u t t.
    C A R E F U L L.
    04-15-09 12:56 PM
    I'll go with this one
    04-15-09 12:59 PM
    I guess this is no surprise... the first entry in BUMP - What does BUMP stand for? Acronyms and abbreviations by the Free Online Dictionary. applies.
    04-15-09 01:02 PM
    Yea I'm with AG on this one too.
    04-15-09 01:59 PM
    AG's right.

But I was thinking of Bump, Set, Spike... anyone care to Pepper?
    04-15-09 02:18 PM
    .....it's what things go at night.

04-15-09 02:30 PM
    Bump Is Any Combo Of Letters That Moves A Post To The Top Of The Forum Chain, For One Reason Or Another,
    04-15-09 02:34 PM
    i was wondering the same thing........let send this one TTT .......(to the top)
    04-15-09 03:40 PM
    ttt for looks......
    04-15-09 03:41 PM
    i'm with you on this one.
    04-15-09 03:42 PM
    But the point of all of this is that the OP has been going around to various threads and seemingly randomly posting just the word "BUMP" (sometimes with extra spaces) for no apparent reason.

He is doing this sometimes within minutes of the last post in the thread. These posts add nothing to the threads which for the most part are not in need of bumping and for which (for the most part) he is not the original poster.

In one post after he was questioned about this practice, he seemed to indicate that posting random "BUMP" posts was commonplace and an acceptable means of communication on some other forum(s) on which he had participated.

http://forums.crackberry.com/search....rchid=13961203
    04-15-09 10:57 PM
    But the point of all of this is that the OP has been going around to various threads and seemingly randomly posting just the word "BUMP" (sometimes with extra spaces) for no apparent reason.

He is doing this sometimes within minutes of the last post in the thread. These posts add nothing to the threads which for the most part are not in need of bumping and for which (for the most part) he is not the original poster.

In one post after he was questioned about this practice, he seemed to indicate that posting random "BUMP" posts was commonplace and an acceptable means of communication on some other forum(s) on which he had participated.

http://forums.crackberry.com/search....rchid=13961203
    thank you again MOMA. i knew someone would figure out how this thread came to fruition. it was just getting, well, annoying.. i think that link is broken here is the thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/first-problem-206911/
    Last edited by kwmksavage; 04-15-09 at 11:06 PM.
    04-15-09 11:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD