Also. I don't know how to spell confused.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    ooklah, Elite1, BergerKing and 1 others like this.
    02-15-13 01:16 AM
    Also, BlackBerry.

02-15-13 01:17 AM
    You realize your Contacting them right now right? You got Kevin attention. There always lurking the forums. As so am I. Not once have I cone across one of your threads correcting a mistake.

Start with this. "Corrections for BB10 keyboard blog Post"

Your coming off as pretty crazy right now lol

Well you did not look in the right place then did you!

Read this thread

New Functions on the Right Hand Side of the Hub in the Blackberry Z10 Lots of Them!
    02-15-13 01:23 AM
    Before we get carried away.
    Too late.
    02-15-13 01:23 AM
    Geesh! This bickering is awesome! Just keep in mind that Crackberry seems to be the only place besides the lacklustre BB forums for figuring this **** out. If I were BB I'd be thanking Crackberry. For example, I can't believe BB has not made feature videos for youtube or even their own site on, say, "Migrating from an iPhone to BB Z10". Or even a "If you did this on your iphone then you can do it better this way..." Or, "How to migrate your contacts and calendar to the Z10".

I was so used to the great customer care and service that Apple provided that I FORGOT what it was like to deal with those ****heads at ROGERS. Apple took all that way for me. I just gave Rogers $120 a month. It's like getting kicked out of the safety of your parents home and having to panhandle to make ends meet. For example, today ROGERS told me that if it has nothing to do with network settings or network issues then contact Blackberry. Blackberry makes it hard for one to speak with someone in technical support and essentially says "Call your carrier".

I can't imaging what's going to happen to BB image and reputation when the Z10 gets released in the USA and all these issues are magnified by 1000.
    scrapmetal58, Tkarps and pungster like this.
    02-15-13 01:37 AM
    Here is a copy of a post I wrote yesterday on Kev's thread How are we doing so far? That got no reply!

The site is cool, that's for sure!

But today I have seen a couple of News Articles one Email the other on Speed Dial where both of the presenters IMO had not fully grasped the Blackberry Z10 concept of One Handed On The Go Flow.
    You can't swipe a Keyboard one handed with 2 fingers can you?
    So it is obviously not the Optimum Way to remove the Keyboard to get to the Attachment icon, the way you do this is to Swipe on the Email part of the screen to the right and the Keyboard disappears to bring it back tap the screen all One Handed On the Go!

The other error is in the Speed Dial Article made because the reporter is obviously unaware of the Right Hand Contextual Menus that are available By long pressing any item in any function, hence the long winded explanation to save a Recent Call to Speed Dial.

Also I have sent you messages about a couple of things and I never get any replies am I sending them to the right place? Yet you were quick to reply with a sarcastic comment on my IQ when I mentioned I had been using the deep peak function since very soon after I got my White Z10, well I have been using all the Contextaul Menus in all the functions all day long and have been trying to share the info with so as you can do it justice this is my last try.

Apart from that you are doing a great job very well done.

Only trying to help!
    02-15-13 01:37 AM
    dknv9 says I can't imagine what's going to happen to BB image and reputation when the Z10 gets released in the USA and all these issues are magnified by 1000.

Which is my point lets get it right on Crackberry before the US release that way we can help Blackberry!
    02-15-13 01:41 AM
    White9900 - I'm going to change direction here for a moment. I don't think anyone has asked this yet. How and why are you the only one in possession of this awesome knowledge? BlackBerry only intended the OS to be used in just one optimum way? That has NEVER been the BlackBerry way! You can't just share all that here with us mere mortals? Is it so awesome that you have to whisper directly to the ears of the CB 'powers that be'? I can't believe you are offended because these incredibly tired and busy guys don't jump when you whistle! Give me a break!
    02-15-13 01:44 AM
    This is my thread from yesterday that got no reply as you can see I was trying to get my finds across!

New Functions on the Right Hand Side of the Hub in the Blackberry Z10 Lots of Them!

I will try to explain what I have found!

We are all used to peeking to the left by now I am sure but did you know that if you put your finger on any item in the hub and keep it there it turns blue and a set of icons come out the right hand side.

There is a different set of instructions for each feature Calls, Text, BBM, etc.

For example in Calls put your finger on an outgoing call you made (until it turns blue) and five icons appear (to see what they do touch any of the black areas and they slide out and reveal their names.

Choose a Text you received and put your finger on it you will get a choice of 9 icons.

Choose an Email and you get 12 including File, Forward and Flag.

Also if you if you do the same with the blue date line you get a bunch of hidden functions too.

I have not seen any videos on these functions did I miss them or is this a find?

Kev this needs one of your Crackberry show and tell Videos to do it justice!

Have fun!

Ps. (Screen shots added below)

Ok I got it, there are 3 Context Menus for each Function 1. Blue Press (long-Press) 2.. Blue Date Line Press (also long-Press) and 3.Ellipsis (three-dot-menu) here are the Srceen shots for the Notifications Function with each of the 3 menus on the right side of the Blackberry Z10.

As I said this works for all the functions namely Hub, Notifications, BBM, Email, Facebook Twitter Text Messages, and Calls

Have Fun.

It seems from a couple of News Articles I have read Today namely one on Email the other on Speed Dial that the guys at Crackberry have missed this!

SO I AM GOING TO SPELL IT OUT EACH FUNCTION LIKE CALLS, EMAIL, TEXT, BBM, ETC. HAS 3 BLACK CONTEXTUAL ACTION MENUS 1. LONG PRESS 2. LONG PRESS DATE AND 3. THREE DOT (ELLIPSIS) EACH MENU HAS A DIFFERENT SET OF ICONS AND WHEN YOU PRESS ANYWHERE ON THE BLACK THEY POP OUT AND REVEAL THE NAME OF THE ICON WHILST REMAIMING ON SCREEN UNTIL YOU CHOOSE ONE OR TAP THE ORGINAL ITEM AGAIN.

PLEASE LOOK AT THESE FUNCTIONS BEFORE POSTING NEW NEWS ARTICLES AS YOU ARE MIS INFORMING US ON HOW TO USE THE BLACKBERRY Z10 .CORRECTLY, THANK YOU!
    02-15-13 01:50 AM
    dknv9 says I can't imagine what's going to happen to BB image and reputation when the Z10 gets released in the USA and all these issues are magnified by 1000.

Which is my point lets get it right on Crackberry before the US release that way we can help Blackberry!
    Smh

Dude, seriously, this is messed up.

If you have something to contribute, just contribute it. Don't barge in accusing the site mods of providing false or incomplete information (not to mention accusing Kevin of not caring... Like, wow...). Don't say you're GOING to post a video to show us the "optimal" way to do something, just make the video, start a thread, and post the link.

I mean, this has been fun and all (and frankly battery's posts in this thread may have actually injured me because I was laughing so hard), but seriously, you're doing this wrong.
    02-15-13 01:55 AM
    No one is misinforming anyone. Give it a rest. If you have a tip you want to share, please email it in to tips[@]crackberry.com or post it in the forums. Be a team player, don't nitpick and dwell on what you perceive as misinformation or a lack of understanding of the device.

Not sure why you think any of the writers have time for this nonsense. Great, you left a comment on a blog post or made a thread. So did hundreds of other people. They are quite busy right now, as I'm sure you are as well. They can't be expected to reply to every single comment or thread. Do as the rest of the community and either email in your ideas/tips/suggestions, or do as Kevin and Bla1ze suggested and post it in the forums.
    02-15-13 01:59 AM
    Well this escalated quickly...

*gets comfy*

Op - there's a fine line between well intentioned helpful suggestions and heading off the rails on the crazy train. The line is about 6 kilometres behind you. Good lord.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    02-15-13 02:06 AM
    This is my thread from yesterday that got no reply as you can see I was trying to get my finds across!

I will try to explain what I have found!

We are all used to peeking to the left by now I am sure but did you know that if you put your finger on any item in the hub and keep it there it turns blue and a set of icons come out the right hand side.

There is a different set of instructions for each feature Calls, Text, BBM, etc.

For example in Calls put your finger on an outgoing call you made (until it turns blue) and five icons appear (to see what they do touch any of the black areas and they slide out and reveal their names.

Choose a Text you received and put your finger on it you will get a choice of 9 icons.

Choose an Email and you get 12 including File, Forward and Flag.

Also if you if you do the same with the blue date line you get a bunch of hidden functions too.

I have not seen any videos on these functions did I miss them or is this a find?

Kev this needs one of your Crackberry show and tell Videos to do it justice!

Have fun!

Ps. (Screen shots added below)

Ok I got it, there are 3 Context Menus for each Function 1. Blue Press (long-Press) 2.. Blue Date Line Press (also long-Press) and 3.Ellipsis (three-dot-menu) here are the Srceen shots for the Notifications Function with each of the 3 menus on the right side of the Blackberry Z10.

As I said this works for all the functions namely Hub, Notifications, BBM, Email, Facebook Twitter Text Messages, and Calls

Have Fun.

It seems from a couple of News Articles I have read Today namely one on Email the other on Speed Dial that the guys at Crackberry have missed this!

SO I AM GOING TO SPELL IT OUT EACH FUNCTION LIKE CALLS, EMAIL, TEXT, BBM, ETC. HAS 3 BLACK CONTEXTUAL ACTION MENUS 1. LONG PRESS 2. LONG PRESS DATE AND 3. THREE DOT (ELLIPSIS) EACH MENU HAS A DIFFERENT SET OF ICONS AND WHEN YOU PRESS ANYWHERE ON THE BLACK THEY POP OUT AND REVEAL THE NAME OF THE ICON WHILST REMAIMING ON SCREEN UNTIL YOU CHOOSE ONE OR TAP THE ORGINAL ITEM AGAIN.

PLEASE LOOK AT THESE FUNCTIONS BEFORE POSTING NEW NEWS ARTICLES AS YOU ARE MIS INFORMING US ON HOW TO USE THE BLACKBERRY Z10 .CORRECTLY, THANK YOU!
    I have not missed this 'optimum way'. I discovered all this by myself and use it daily. I don't think the writing staff has missed it either. These articles take the form of a brief 10 tips format, not an in-depth instruction manual, so they can't cover everything. As was mentioned above, you are going about this all wrong. BTW - you are still giving the impression that you are the sole possessor of this awesome knowledge!
    02-15-13 02:09 AM
    jvictor77 says I can't believe you are offended because these incredibly tired and busy guys don't jump when you whistle! Give me a break!

I don't want anyone to jump I know they are very busy so am I, "If you want anything done give it to a busy man" so the saying goes!

I just got a bit peeved today when I saw Simon Sages's News article today on the Keyboard which had the cheek to take fului's find yesterday as his own (see below). Which told me Simon was reading some of his comments but not acknowledging the source of his new found wisdom plus there was far more on offer which he failed to avail him self of thus making the errors in todays video.

Posted by fului Wednesday, Feb 13, 2013 1 days ago
    Instead of using two finger swipe to hide the keyboard, when you want to attach an attachment to your mail, you can also just long press the spacebar and the keyboard will hide itself.

Simpler than two finger swiping, when using one hand and works more consistently for me than right swiping.

Posted by White9900 Thursday, Feb 14, 2013 1 days ago
    That's very cool very well spotted fului!

So that's two ways not to use two fingers.

The way Blackberry Z10 is meant to used. On The Go One Handed With Flow.
    02-15-13 02:10 AM
    Don't mind me, I'm busy posting a video demonstrating the optimal way of reading this thread without waking your spouse who is asleep beside you.

I'm super serious. This is my super serious face.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    02-15-13 02:12 AM
    I have not missed this 'optimum way'. I discovered all this by myself and use it daily. I don't think the writing staff has missed it either. These articles take the form of a brief 10 tips format, not an in-depth instruction manual, so they can't cover everything. As was mentioned above, you are going about this all wrong. BTW - you are still giving the impression that you are the sole possessor of this awesome knowledge!
    Suddenly today everyone knows everything yesterday nobody knew nothing! If all these Founders, Masters, and Addicts already knew all there was to know about Contextual Action Menu's,Long-Presses Long-Date-Presses Overflow-Bars Keyboard manipulation in in Text, Email,and Contacts why is it that mine is the only thread on Crackberry regarding these matters and why am I the only one trying to get the accurate info to other Blackberry Z10 owners?
    02-15-13 02:26 AM
    jvictor77 says I can't believe you are offended because these incredibly tired and busy guys don't jump when you whistle! Give me a break!

I don't want anyone to jump I know they are very busy so am I, "If you want anything done give it to a busy man" so the saying goes!

I just got a bit peeved today when I saw Simon Sages's News article today on the Keyboard which had the cheek to take fului's find yesterday as his own (see below). Which told me Simon was reading some of his comments but not acknowledging the source of his new found wisdom plus there was far more on offer which he failed to avail him self of thus making the errors in todays video.

Posted by fului Wednesday, Feb 13, 2013 1 days ago
    Instead of using two finger swipe to hide the keyboard, when you want to attach an attachment to your mail, you can also just long press the spacebar and the keyboard will hide itself.

Simpler than two finger swiping, when using one hand and works more consistently for me than right swiping.

Posted by White9900 Thursday, Feb 14, 2013 1 days ago
    That's very cool very well spotted fului!

So that's two ways not to use two fingers.

The way Blackberry Z10 is meant to used. On The Go One Handed With Flow.
    It sounds like you have a lot of good stuff to contribute. And don't forget there are literally thousands of posts each day. It would be hard for anyone to read them all. Deep breaths and count to 10.
    02-15-13 02:28 AM
    So you discovered the menus...well that was unimpressive lol all that build up for nothing.

The touch and hold is used all over the OS, life on a full touch screen device falls apart without it. Un till they add dual gestures then u can get my shift key back.

A how to on how to hold down in certain areas will probably be helpful to any legacy blackberry users though, worth a write up for the team

BergerKing likes this.
    02-15-13 02:29 AM
    No, Kevin, HE'S THE ONLY ONE.

We know this because of the walls of text and caps locking.

*nods solemnly*

Nothing like a new device launch to bring out the cray cray...
    02-15-13 02:30 AM
    Suddenly today everyone knows everything yesterday nobody knew nothing! If all these Founders, Masters, and Addicts already knew all there was to know about Contextual Action Menu's,Long-Presses Long-Date-Presses Overflow-Bars Keyboard manipulation in in Text, Email,and Contacts why is it that mine is the only thread on Crackberry regarding these matters and why am I the only one trying to get the accurate info to other Blackberry Z10 owners?
    I thought all those were obvious. They aren't? Regardless you are NOT "trying to get the accurate info to other Blackberry Z10 owners". If you were you would just post a thread here about it instead of posting a thread here to complain instead.

There are many many threads here from people posting tips and tricks they discovered. That is what a rational person does when they want to help.
    02-15-13 02:35 AM
    Wow this brightened up my cold British morning lol

Any body else think we have a stalker just wanting to contact semi famous (in BlackBerry world) people lol.

Next thing we know he will kick off that BlackBerry won't listen either lol

BergerKing likes this.
    02-15-13 02:51 AM
    It was a mere mortal such as myself that was first to post about these errors, spenting 2 days trying to share what I know!

Here is a question to all you Founders Time Lords Masters and Addicts why doe's the Two Finger method actually at work at all?

How come if you swipe up from the Blackberry logo the Keyboard disappears and if you swipe up again it appears?

How come like in the News video Simon shot that when he swipes down the keyboard Disappears are both right?

What happens when you turn to Landscape do the rules still apply?
    02-15-13 02:51 AM
    Oh lordy this has given me such a chuckle!

All people from the UK are not mental, I promise!!!

Testement#WN and simonfa like this.
    02-15-13 02:57 AM
    Look here guy. They are doing a good enough job. PLUS I know they said when the US gets the z10 They will bring more to the table. So there are just wetting our appetites for the time being and we will get more.

Now as for you saying you are busy for making videos, theres a saying in the internet you may or may not have heard since you are too busy. It goes, "pics or it didn't hapoen". In your case video or you don't know.

I'm not saying im better than. You or you are better than them. Just put your money where your mouth is. Or as a late woody harelson said, "its time to...
    Gingerbread Man, redux-nut_up_or_shut_up_by_slaya98.jpg
    02-15-13 03:04 AM
    and breathe...
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-15-13 03:09 AM
247 1234 ...