Howard Stern is complaining about ATT's horrible dropped calls in New York City. Hope this pushes ATT along. Stern has a huge audience. He just rated ATT a minus 95 in reception. LoL
    Now the whole crew is bashing the service. Howard says he likes everything about ATT blackberry except the phone.
    He just called ATT pure ****. Hah
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-09 05:29 AM
    Who cares about Howard Stern. I don't know anyone who even likes him.
    04-21-09 06:01 AM
    Now you do
    04-21-09 08:30 AM
    Lol, who cares. Howard Stern is throwing it
    04-21-09 09:31 AM
    And we're supposed to care what Howard Stern thinks WHY? He's a 14 year old boy in a grown man's body and not the least bit funny. Therefore, I don't care what he thinks, to be honest.

04-21-09 10:32 AM
    Not good news considering he was praising the Bold a few weeks ago.

04-21-09 10:41 AM
    I couldn't agree more with those who said "who cares what Howard Stern thinks"!! When it comes time for me to decide on whether or not I will be getting the Bold, or the Javelin in June, Howard's opinion of the Bold, won't even matter.
    04-21-09 12:25 PM
    Lol, who cares. Howard Stern is throwing it
    And we're supposed to care what Howard Stern thinks WHY? He's a 14 year old boy in a grown man's body and not the least bit funny. Therefore, I don't care what he thinks, to be honest.

I couldn't agree more with those who said "who cares what Howard Stern thinks"!! When it comes time for me to decide on whether or not I will be getting the Bold, or the Javelin in June, Howard's opinion of the Bold, won't even matter.

i am not a howard stern fan at all.
    i am an opie and anthony through and through

but as far as who listens to howard stern?
    there is a reason he gets paid 100 million dollars a year.

i am pretty sure there are alot of people that do listen to him. he has a strong following of fat men and perverts, lol
    04-21-09 03:16 PM
    i am not a howard stern fan at all.
    i am an opie and anthony through and through

but as far as who listens to howard stern?
    there is a reason he gets paid 100 million dollars a year.

i am pretty sure there are alot of people that do listen to him. he has a strong following of fat men and perverts, lol
    I'm sure he does have a lot of people that listen to him, however, that doesn't mean they "agree" with what he has to say, or follow any advice that was given by him.......... I know I wouldn't!!!
    04-22-09 04:38 AM
    Now Howard claims ATT turned off his service accidentally. He apologized this morning but did reinforce ATT can improve their Manhattan service, which as an owner of an ATT bold...I agree 100%

04-22-09 08:16 AM
    Now Howard claims ATT turned off his service accidentally. He apologized this morning but did reinforce ATT can improve their Manhattan service, which as an owner of an ATT bold...I agree 100%

ATT needs to leave it turned off
    04-22-09 08:18 AM
    This is what's great about our country - OUR men/women fight for our freedom.... FREEDOM of speech!

Whether you like/dislike Stern --he has the right to speak his mind
    *** I happen to agree w/him ... ATT service is BAD in MD
    04-22-09 08:50 AM
    This is what's great about our country - OUR men/women fight for our freedom.... FREEDOM of speech!

Whether you like/dislike Stern --he has the right to speak his mind
    I don't think anyone in this thread has said that Stern didn't have the right to speak his mind, as we all know this is one thing he has no problems doing.

I live in the NE, and I have perfect coverage with AT&T. As a matter of fact, I just bought the BB Bold today, and except for one area that I traveled in, I had a full 3G signal. And even in the area that switched to EDGE, I had no problem at all with dropped calls (hope I never do).

I LUV my new BB Bold, and AT&T!!!
    04-22-09 05:02 PM
    I couldn't agree more with Irish Rose, I love my Bold and will never give it up. If any of you noticed, I switched from Verizon just to get the Bold.
    Boy, this thread took a turn towards a "who likes/hates howard stern" thread. I couldn't care less what any of you think is worthy of posting on crackberry.com considering some of the ridiculous things I see posted here. What I hope will come of this is an attempt to better the service in NYC due to Sterns media attention. There's already a buzz about what he said about ATT's service in MANHATTAN. Let's face it. As much as you may hate to admit it, and I'm sure your towns are very lovely (eyeroll). NYC is the most important city on this green earth in the business world, and the service I get whie roaming around Manhattan flat out suckss. I dare anyone to prove me wrong. In fact, google in quotes "at&t service in nyc" and have a good read.
    On another note:
    Google "howard stern at&t service" and this very thread is second on google. Nice meta tagging kevin. Impressive.

Last edited by Mamaluka; 04-22-09 at 05:40 PM.
    04-22-09 05:31 PM
    On another note:
    Google "howard stern at&t service" and this very thread is second on google. Nice meta tagging kevin. Impressive.

I just tried this, and you are right. Well I can thank Stern for one thing, because of him I made my decision to stop the procrastinating, and just purchased the Bold sooner than I had planed to. The Bold is very good where I'm at in the NE, but I really do hope that those AT&T customers that are in NY, like Stern, will get improved service with their Bolds soon......
    04-22-09 05:44 PM

couldn't have said it better.
    04-22-09 06:23 PM

And this thread has nothing to do with how funny Howard Stern is, nor was it intended for you to care what he thinks. pay attention. Its about ATT's painfully sh*tty service in Manhattan.

04-22-09 07:24 PM
    From marksfriggen.com

Howard's Phone Problems Fixed. 04/22/09. 6:10am
    Howard took a call from a guy who claimed that he had a Blackberry Bold that had Sprint service. Howard said that he thought it was only with AT&T. The caller claimed that it was available with Sprint in Philly.

Howard said that he had to apologize about his bashing of AT&T and Blackberry yesterday. He said it turns out that they turned off his service thinking that he was changing his number. He said that they fixed it and now it's all better. Howard said that he would still rather have Sprint in New York City because AT&T isn't that great for getting a signal.

Howard said that he's phone obsessed and he was looking at the new Blackberry that might be out this summer. He said that he might upgrade but he's not sure he wants it because it doesn't have Wi-Fi.

Artie said he knows guys who have like 5 phones. Howard said his buddy Richie has two phones. He said that he has a back up phone because he needs that when his Blackberry craps out from getting wet. Howard said he was also saying that in England they have great service on the phones. There is no drop out over there.

Howard talked about how small England is and how it's easier for them to cover that small area than it is to cover this whole country.

04-22-09 07:25 PM
    SDMC, and we know he's talking about the Niagara! What a shame too, I very much wanted the Niagara to be the same size as the Bold, I even would have overlooked the no wifi....ah scratch that, i cant overlook wifi. I'll just squat here with my ATT bold till Verizon comes out with a big world phone qwerty with WiFi...I'm 42, I hope I live to see it.
    04-22-09 09:24 PM
    Where do you live in MD? I happen to have great service, ***.
    04-23-09 12:25 AM
    Where do you live in MD? I happen to have great service, ***.

work in Towson.....live in Perry Hall
    04-23-09 08:05 AM
    I myself had my first dropped call yesterday for the 1st time in 5 months so I have no complaints. However, I know I'm one of the lucky ones and in NY and LA att is just pure crap. Att does need a kick in the *** to get cracking on coverage improvements if they expect us to pay their high service prices. Kudos to howard for pointing it out...

04-23-09 03:42 PM
    Like I said, I was a Verizon junkie, but I couldn't stand seeing my sister in law rockin her Bold for one more second. I ETF'd VZW and ported direct to ATT, knowing full well service would decline. But I just love this Bold so much, I will sacrifice and pray for more microcells in NY/ and megacells in NJ and other deficient areas. Until then, I am debranding and unlocking this weekend.

04-23-09 09:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD