Something you need to get of your chest let it out here!!!
    03-30-09 06:02 PM
    I'm happy I finally got the tw4t to leave that POS i was with forever!
    03-30-09 06:05 PM
    Why cant people be perfect just like me

LOL
    03-30-09 06:06 PM
    Where's the Storm Rants & Raves Face Off 2009?? Put up your dukes!

(continued from one of the threads in there haha)
    03-30-09 06:10 PM
    Oh rachel your a dork brat : )
    03-30-09 06:38 PM
    Was just something I had to get off my chest LOL
    03-30-09 06:44 PM
    There is something I would like to get off my chest. Is it me or does anyone else see the downward spiral these forums have taken. Seriously I seem to remember Kevin posting a thread about it and all the little drones chiming in saying they agreed. What a JOKE. I contribute here and there when I can meaning I have valuable KNOWLEDGE to contribute not the BS of 'welcome to Crackberry!!' or 'do a search' or even the moronic repost when someone has already answered the OP's question. There is a clique on here and it reminds me of high school. Sure thats been said before and one of two (or both actually) types of CB'ers will reply after they read my post: A) the clique will come out in there alarming numbers and bash me for whatever colorful (i.e. 'Words' people- your colors are beautiful but a serious waste of time to fabricate) reason they can come up with and B) the majority (I hope these people exist so I know I am not the only sane person here) will do nothing. Isn't that the human 'norm' though? Going against the grain is soooo unpopular. The point to my post is that NOT EVERYONE on this forum is treated equally and its truly a disservice to the Crackberry Nation. Although SOME people don't contribute as much as others (mundane- I think I can count on one hand how many people actually are worth their salt in posts count) they make up what is crackberry. They keep this forum interesting and its part of the reason we chose to return to the forum (among others as well). Some of it is shameful, yes, but I have YET to see anyone who I honestly believe needs to be banned actually get the boot- why???? because they are in the clique. You KNOW who these people are- and you may be one of them. One of the forum rules is NO FOUL LANGUAGE right? So using symbols to replace letters is ok?? Or posting to see which words get by the filter is ok? Are these people being warned? Maybe, I am not behind the scenes of this joint but I will say certain individuals say it over and over with no recourse (or so it appears). Furthermore I also notice several members who antagonize just for the sake of banter- but yet they are still here- why?? Because the consensus likes them. Its a sad sad thing when someone can be banned just because they go against the grain- just because they are unpopular. I have a brilliant idea for EVERYONE...... healthy banter is OK- if someone doesn't agree with you or your posse let it go. At the end of the day who freakin cares? That is why human beings are so cool- we are all entitled to feel/think how we choose- it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. Absorb that thought and allow it to free you. There are ALOT of just plain ignorant threads on Off-Topic but who cares- if you don't like it, don't respond. Your silence speaks more then your childish words.
    Last edited by iobxchick; 03-30-09 at 07:37 PM.
    03-30-09 07:21 PM
    I'm so tired of my boyfriend! I can't stand it he just plays games all day. He won't even run to the store for a can of soup! Things are all well and dandy till I have a god damn opinion or I disagree. And heaven forbid I embarras him in front of his friends then he's a complete as$ I just want to leave!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-09 08:02 PM
    There is something I would like to get off my chest. Is it me or does anyone else see the downward spiral these forums have taken. Seriously I seem to remember Kevin posting a thread about it and all the little drones chiming in saying they agreed. What a JOKE. I contribute here and there when I can meaning I have valuable KNOWLEDGE to contribute not the BS of 'welcome to Crackberry!!' or 'do a search' or even the moronic repost when someone has already answered the OP's question. There is a clique on here and it reminds me of high school. Sure thats been said before and one of two (or both actually) types of CB'ers will reply after they read my post: A) the clique will come out in there alarming numbers and bash me for whatever colorful (i.e. 'Words' people- your colors are beautiful but a serious waste of time to fabricate) reason they can come up with and B) the majority (I hope these people exist so I know I am not the only sane person here) will do nothing. Isn't that the human 'norm' though? Going against the grain is soooo unpopular. The point to my post is that NOT EVERYONE on this forum is treated equally and its truly a disservice to the Crackberry Nation. Although SOME people don't contribute as much as others (mundane- I think I can count on one hand how many people actually are worth their salt in posts count) they make up what is crackberry. They keep this forum interesting and its part of the reason we chose to return to the forum (among others as well). Some of it is shameful, yes, but I have YET to see anyone who I honestly believe needs to be banned actually get the boot- why???? because they are in the clique. You KNOW who these people are- and you may be one of them. One of the forum rules is NO FOUL LANGUAGE right? So using symbols to replace letters is ok?? Or posting to see which words get by the filter is ok? Are these people being warned? Maybe, I am not behind the scenes of this joint but I will say certain individuals say it over and over with no recourse (or so it appears). Furthermore I also notice several members who antagonize just for the sake of banter- but yet they are still here- why?? Because the consensus likes them. Its a sad sad thing when someone can be banned just because they go against the grain- just because they are unpopular. I have a brilliant idea for EVERYONE...... healthy banter is OK- if someone doesn't agree with you or your posse let it go. At the end of the day who freakin cares? That is why human beings are so cool- we are all entitled to feel/think how we choose- it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. Absorb that thought and allow it to free you. There are ALOT of just plain ignorant threads on Off-Topic but who cares- if you don't like it, don't respond. Your silence speaks more then your childish words.

Wow, that is some chest you needed to unload. he he. Actually in total agreement with you on this one. I recently saw a post today that someone got kick-off'd CB by the name of Fence. I did not agree with Fence's responses. However, I did not feel that he did anything worthy of being "kicked" off CB. I think everyone is entitled to respond however he/she feels. I have seen threads started and posts that were down right offensive and crude, and those people are still active participants of CB. Who makes these judgement calls. And if you don't like a response from an individual you can either rebuttle or walk away.
    03-30-09 08:09 PM
    I'm so tired of my boyfriend! I can't stand it he just plays games all day. He won't even run to the store for a can of soup! Things are all well and dandy till I have a god damn opinion or I disagree. And heaven forbid I embarras him in front of his friends then he's a complete as$ I just want to leave!

I completely feel your pain hun! Mines playing right now...!
    03-30-09 08:34 PM
    Wow, that is some chest you needed to unload. he he. Actually in total agreement with you on this one. I recently saw a post today that someone got kick-off'd CB by the name of Fence. I did not agree with Fence's responses. However, I did not feel that he did anything worthy of being "kicked" off CB. I think everyone is entitled to respond however he/she feels. I have seen threads started and posts that were down right offensive and crude, and those people are still active participants of CB. Who makes these judgement calls. And if you don't like a response from an individual you can either rebuttle or walk away.
    Thanks for your honest opinion Paddy . It's refreshing.
    03-30-09 08:40 PM
    umm i'm just not happy at work. that's the biggest problem I have. and I have no time to look for another job, nor can I afford to be let go.
    03-30-09 08:48 PM
    I completely feel your pain hun! Mines playing right now...!
    then why dont you leave their dumb assez??
    03-30-09 08:52 PM
    Does playing lego indiana jones with my daughter all sunday make me one of the dumb assez?

03-30-09 11:18 PM
    I have coke
    03-30-09 11:40 PM
    I hope by me starting this thread encourages others to let it out and move on. I mean whats the point in keeping it all bottled up??? If anybody wants to talk about it bf prob or gf or even about cb hit me up pins up top.
    03-31-09 12:48 AM
    Ya your a nerd rachel ; )
    03-31-09 12:58 AM
    I am stuck in a hospital bed with an IV and the TV button won't work to turn it on!

Really, that's the least of my problems right now, but it's unfortunate.

03-31-09 12:06 PM
    For any of you who have an iPod Touch-

Try "Zen Jar"!

It's an amazing app that lets you send out thoughts/messages/fears/etc to the world and allows people to give their responses/thoughts on your original message.

It's my favorite app, and this topic reminded me of it!
    03-31-09 12:12 PM
    Ni! (whew! I feel much better now)
    03-31-09 12:22 PM
    Yes, but the Mods did. It's their call. There are garden-variety jerks, who exist in all forums. There are folks who just like to start stuff, and you ignore them. Been there, done that.

However, there is a class of folks, who may exhibit sociopathic/psychopathic tendencies. They have the potential to cause harm that goes beyond a bruised ego, or hurt feelings. It's not about being "thick skinned" as another member put it. There's a limit to how far folks should be able to go, and still be allowed to interact here.

Again, you may not have the full story, and may not get the full story. That's why the mods do what they need to do, without our approval. Yes, there are lots of rude folks, who are still here...so that should tell you that to get "banned" means the person took it to a whole nother level. Plus, we are not allowed to "respond as we feel". This forum is privately owned, and those who own it govern what we do, and how we do it. It's not my "home", where I can just roam the house, as I please.
    Last edited by Tlynnsmith; 03-31-09 at 12:28 PM.
    03-31-09 12:24 PM
    • And you picked him to be your boy friend because?
    • He played games all day before he met you, he's not going to stop.
    • You know he could give a rat's rump about your opinions, but you put up with it because?
    • And you expect him to be happy about being embarrassed by you in front of friends because?
    The answer is, because you are young and don't expect better. I don't spend time with anyone that does not want to spend time with me. He's telling you you are not worth his time when you are with him when he is playing games for hours on end. You know it, but you don't expect better so you put up with it.

Your opinion like your presences means little to him, especially if it differs from his. He gets nasty about it because most of the time it shuts you up or makes you mad and you leave. Mostly you shut up and he gets his way, because he knows when you cool down you will be there tomorrow.

His friends make fun of him when his "girl" makes him look stupid, he does not want to look stupid in front of his buddies and you get to be the one that he takes it out in, not his buddies. You put up with it because you like being treated like this. You will say that you don't, but you are still there after being treated in a fashion you really would not take from a stranger on the street. And this is the love of your life? You'd tell your girl friends this was a good situation to be dealing with?

Alex I'll take dump him and get a puppy for $1000

Poppa Bear has spoken
    03-31-09 12:26 PM
    Alex I'll take dump him and get a puppy for $1000

Poppa Bear has spoken
    too funny bear...too damn funny!
    03-31-09 12:43 PM
    Really. Take it from one who's been there. Never "settle" in a relationship. If you do, then you're telling yourself and the world that you're worth nothing more.
    If it doesn't feel good, and isn't healthy for either of you, then END IT.
    I wish I had back all the time I wasted on guys that weren't worth it. That were just using me, and whose actions I found myself justifying.
    Don't waste your time. Really. You WILL get over him (it may take lots of ice cream and tears, and TIME), but don't waste your energy and emotions.

03-31-09 12:44 PM
    Well, I'll respond to you directly. I'm not part of the "clique", so perhaps you'll read what I say.

Let me address the "banning" issue, first. I have my own online community, and have served as a moderator for a few. When admins/mods make a decision to ban a member, the reason(s) are not always known to the community...nor should they be. They may have a bigger picture, that you just don't, and won't have. So, to judge why someone is banned, without having the whole story, is not always a wise move. Like I mentioned earlier, to get banned from CB means you've clowned out your welcome, and that takes a lot, from what I can see.

Secondly, I have had posts, where the word filter inserted symbols. I had no idea that my word was on the filter list. I'm not a profane person, so I'm not looking for certain words to be filtered, yet they are. So, it's not always about "rebels pushing to the limit". Sometimes it's about words that are filtered out, for whatever reason. Word filters aren't perfect.

Thirdly, healthy banter is okay. But some of the banter that exists is not healthy. It's very destructive, and the ones most responsible contribute nothing else to the community. So, if all you do is hang out on Off-topic, poised like a snake, ready to strike up discord at any, or no opportunity, then yes, you should be banned. If you see such behavior, report it. You may get labeled a "snitch", but who cares.
    Last edited by Tlynnsmith; 03-31-09 at 01:44 PM.
    03-31-09 01:09 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD