And told me I have 604 viruses on my laptop. I nearly fainted. Any other crazy computer virus stories?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 12:42 PM
    Gotta be careful of what ya download... ouch.

I'm lucky when Eset Nod32 finds any virus old or current it's automatically quarantined and deleted.
    11-23-08 04:22 PM
    Strange thing is, I hardly have anything on there. It was really odd.

11-23-08 05:23 PM
    The best anyone can do is have a good antivirus application. Pay attention to where you go and whet you download. The worst I every got was an adware thing that told me I had a viru and needed to buy their software to get rid of it. Sheesh, the adware was the virus, lol. Had to go online and get something to remove it.

11-23-08 05:44 PM
    Gotta be careful of what ya download... ouch.

I'm lucky when Eset Nod32 finds any virus old or current it's automatically quarantined and deleted.
    Some one else who uses REAL virus protection.
    11-23-08 05:54 PM
    I don't even get on my pc anymore. I stick with OSX so no viruses ever =)

11-23-08 06:16 PM
    I did some cleaning on my sister-in-laws pc and got rid of over 1000 adware and spyware files.

11-23-08 06:33 PM
    And told me I have 604 viruses on my laptop. I nearly fainted. Any other crazy computer virus stories?
    A few years ago I went to a new computer shop's grand opening, (mom and pop shop) and they were giving out floppy disks of their virus detection tools from their in house tech desk, and me and 800+ other people for the Sunday Virus.
    Sunday Virus
    As far as viruses go, it was a pretty lame one, but even still the local news had a field day with them. They never really recovered from that mistake or the bad publicity and were out of business in less than a year.

That was the early 90s and haven't had an infection of any viruses since then. (knocking on fake wooden kitchen table).
    11-23-08 07:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD