Facebook over security has become a joke.

So I had an old account with like 115 friends on it, and all of a sudden, one day, I find 5 of my childhood friends, I add them all up. Then on the 6th attempt, my account gets blocked for 20 days, and I couldn't even send any messages What the.....what did I just do?? Didn't offend or harrass anyone, I just added my friends and family members.

Right, so I wait longer, 30 days pass, but still my account is blocked. I send facebook an email but no luck.

So I finally give up and create a new account, and this time, I ensure that I add no more than 5 people a day, and all of them are people I know in real life, 80% are family members.

Today, I get the same exact block on my new account.

I am sick of this BS

I closed my account, uninstalled Facebook 2.0 from my BlackBerry, off to finding something more useful.

Rant over.
    05-09-11 05:53 AM
    lol yeah facebook is beginning to behave very stupid...i have the same problem so i dont add anybody again...maybe they have some sorta artificial intelligence BS that determines who u can add :\
    05-09-11 06:16 AM
    lol yeah facebook is beginning to behave very stupid...i have the same problem so i dont add anybody again...maybe they have some sorta artificial intelligence BS that determines who u can add :\
    The ironic thing is, after it blocks my account from adding anyone for more than a month, yet it continues to suggest people on the right hand portion of the screen to add.

So I click add, and guess what, it says you are blocked from adding people Whell that the %*#@(#$!!! Then why did you suggest in the first please?

And their system is full of it really, I mean, according to what God did they determine that I know an Ashley James or am I just adding random people!? and plus, what's the big deal in adding random people anyway ? do people feel so insecure now? if you add someone you don't know, just for the heck of it, they can just ignore or decline the request! simple! why does facebook need to act like a law enforcement officer on me?
    05-09-11 06:43 AM
    I gave up on facebook also, started because my family or facebook sent me email to look at pictures but you have to sign up to do so. I signed up and they didn't have any pictures.

I have no need for those sights as I post enough stupid things in forums. I don't need to be posting everything I see or do online. And for those people that do, just don't be surprised when you don't get that job because a prospective employer looked at your page and read all the times you went out got drunk and did this or that or your current employer seeing you were out and about instead of home sick.

I have a phone to talk to people and car to go drive and see them.
    05-09-11 07:00 AM
    The ironic thing is, after it blocks my account from adding anyone for more than a month, yet it continues to suggest people on the right hand portion of the screen to add.

So I click add, and guess what, it says you are blocked from adding people Whell that the %*#@(#$!!! Then why did you suggest in the first please?

And their system is full of it really, I mean, according to what God did they determine that I know an Ashley James or am I just adding random people!? and plus, what's the big deal in adding random people anyway ? do people feel so insecure now? if you add someone you don't know, just for the heck of it, they can just ignore or decline the request! simple! why does facebook need to act like a law enforcement officer on me?

exactly, with the "security" issue, i say if someone isn't comfortable with random people adding them they should deactivate their account. when a friend request is sent to someone, that person has the right to accept or decline so why should they block MY account? this is SO annoying...the only reason i kept my facebook account is because i have 2 groups linked to my acc. (and some of my friends dont have bbm)
    05-09-11 02:33 PM
    That happens when you have too many pending friend requests or too many friend requests that have been ignored or declined. The system thinks you're a spammer. Slow down on the friend requests and you'll be fine. There is actually a FB app that lets you see how many pending friend requests you have. It's called pending friend requests.

FB isnt at fault here. You act like a spammer,you get flagged as one and blocked. You're not supposed to send them out to everyone you can think of anyway, only to people you actually know.
    06-16-11 01:21 AM
    Why not join diaspora? Pod 1 www.joindiaspora.org here's Pod 2 (they're all in different pods, doesn't matter which one, but you'll need to register on both, invite only at the moment) www.diasp.org.

I use joindiaspora.org, if facebook screws me over again, i'll at least have all my friends on it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-11 02:11 AM
    facebook now is suspected that it is in status Depression :d.
    06-19-11 11:08 PM
    I have a facebook account. But I don't use my real name or things like that. All of my friends are polish. It's a little tedious at times because I don't actually speak polish. So I have to constantly translate everything.
    06-20-11 06:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD