Hey cb I was wondering if anyone knows of any free software for music downloading

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-08 07:57 AM
    itunes is free.
    07-24-08 08:09 AM
    No you have to purchase there music im looking for something like winmx but free.

07-24-08 08:20 AM
    1st off be careful with any free music. Many if not most of them are infringing copyright laws and the industry is targeting the dowloaders now to and not just to suppliers. So make sure whatever app you end up using verify that all of the music you obtain from it is proerly getting royalty fees payed to the respective companies.

07-25-08 12:14 AM
    You can never go wrong with torrents...so easy.
    07-25-08 06:13 AM
    I use LimeWire. Works well and works with iTunes. My friend said eMule is the best.

07-25-08 06:15 AM
    Be careful with LimeWire it will kill your computer.
    07-25-08 06:17 AM
    Not to mention limewire is under fire right now. I just read some news a day or two ago about them being held responsible for 10s of millions in liability for illegal music downloads. I wouldn't be surprised if the next step is to fine those sharing and downloaders who were involved knowingly or not in the illegal transfers. It was that and other recent news that got me to thinking I should reply with the warning.

The other news was an individual who was sharinging infringing material (may have been limewire I don't recall) and wasn't even aware that the copies being shared were not legitimate. The case is still in progress I believe but it doesn't look good for the defendant. Apparently you don't have to even be aware the copies you have are not legit and that even sharing them in a method that is supposed to be legit you can be held responsible for copyright infringement. In short even if you are unaware you have obtained illegal copies you are apprantly guilty. That is unless this case doesn't go the way it lokks to be going.

07-25-08 06:56 AM
    Be careful with LimeWire it will kill your computer.
    How the **** will Limewire do that? I've been using it for years.
    07-28-08 01:04 PM
    Limewire is bad for your PC. Tons of viruses. Not safe.
    07-28-08 08:34 PM
    Limewire sucks. ForumW is the way to go.
    07-28-08 09:15 PM
    Limewire isn't bad for your pc. Its the **** you download that's bad for your pc.

07-28-08 11:00 PM
    Exactly.

I have used all of them (Limewire, Frostwire, Kazaa, eMULE, etc.) and I found a better one. Direct downloads. Just get yourself a rapidshare account and visit KATZ. It's blazing fast.
    07-28-08 11:06 PM
    The way some P2P software works, limewire being one of them, you download files directly off someone elses computer. And since despite common sense many if not most people don't use virus protection or if they have it don't bother to update it. So their systems get heavily infested as the virii run wild and write themselves to all sorts of files on their PCs. Thus when you download a file from one of those who are infected you bring the virii to your pc. Think of these kind of P2P programs as one giant hospital room where you put a bunch of relatively healthy people in it and them toss someone with the buebonic plague in there. In no time at all everyone in there has the plague. This is how fast virii spread over this kind of P2P. Just make sure you have high quality virus protection and scan several times a day when you are running high risk activity.

07-28-08 11:14 PM
    Limewire isn't bad for your pc. Its the **** you download that's bad for your pc.

And what program are you using to download this ****?? LIMEWIRE.

Just pay for music, .89 at amazon too expensive for you guys to buy 1 song.
    07-28-08 11:51 PM
    And what program are you using to download this ****?? LIMEWIRE.

Just pay for music, .89 at amazon too expensive for you guys to buy 1 song.
    Hehe...

07-28-08 11:55 PM
    That's what I meant, lol. The program itself doesn't give youe computer viruses, but the **** you download through limewire sure does.

07-29-08 10:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD