Just passing on some valuable info that I came across on another site so please don't slam me for posting thread in wrong area, etc. Free Microsoft Certification Exam for College Students with a valid .edu address. You can also download a bunch of free microsoft software there too.

https://www.dreamspark.com/Default.aspx
    Last edited by Blue Storm; 03-29-09 at 01:39 PM.
    03-29-09 10:34 AM
    I don't really know what this is for? I would like to know as I do have a valid .edu account. Could someone possibly pm me and explain?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 11:31 AM
    Ahern090,
    This is for people who work in the IT business and need to take tests from Microsoft for their certifications...
    03-29-09 11:40 AM
    Blue Storm,
    I could certainly use a .edu email address if you have one available, so that I can get at those free exam coupons and apps...

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to return the favor...?
    If you have a .edu address available, please let me know. That would be great!

Thanks!
    I have set up my email account on it but where I am an alumni it prob wont work. There is a verification process attached to it that gives you an access code to be able to access the exam portions and my school is not listed. I will have to check eith my IT department this week and see what can be done. Check here also:https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=CiB-xVt7
    Those that are in the IT field currently might know someone with a school email address that works and is not using it. I know that the government employees, federeal and possibly state, get this free too I believe??
    03-29-09 12:38 PM
    sorry guys not gonna be able to get you an email to use...they said that you have to be a current student which I am an alumni.
    03-30-09 11:54 PM
    this isnt for a free exam. it allows you access to the training programs and the software but you still have to pay for the exam. im taking mine soon for my MCP. the only thing that sucks aobut the programs are the labs. they arent well defined and i found that i didnt even need to do them to understand the stuff. you might wanna check out msdnaa through your school also.
    03-31-09 01:03 AM
    this isnt for a free exam. it allows you access to the training programs and the software but you still have to pay for the exam. im taking mine soon for my MCP. the only thing that sucks aobut the programs are the labs. they arent well defined and i found that i didnt even need to do them to understand the stuff. you might wanna check out msdnaa through your school also.
    Thats good info to know but I don't need to take them...just trying to help others
    03-31-09 01:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD