So I love my Curve just as I loved my Pearl (but more) Yesterday on my way to work I was blindsided by a car on the free way and went down. I came out with a concussion, loss of speech (heavy stutter), and hurt left shoulder. All not perm damage btw. I originally wasnt feeling much so I went home and was waiting for my mom to come take me to the hospital.. I was closer to home so I thought I might as well go there first, not to mention my bike isn't rideable. While waiting for her I called my GF to tell her what happened and so she could make sure I didnt pass out while waiting for mom. During which time the concussion started feeling worst and I began having a hard time forming sentences. Mom pulled up shortly after and we decided I should go ahead and call 911. They didnt rush me me to the hospital and its about a 15 minute ride from my house in the afternoon traffic. During this time I not only kept my mom and gf in contact via BB messenger but also all my friends via myspace bulletins to avoid texting the same thing to a million people everytime something happened. During the whole even I was able to keep everyone updated minute by minute through the entire ordeal and answer all the concerned texts, emails, calls, and myspace messages/comments. I know this sounds corny but even though I was by myself I really felt connected to everyone through my BB as if they were right by my side. That comfort really made going through all the tests and scans easier to deal with. And even now that Im all drugged up and unable to get to my computer I can stay connected to the world from bed even though im on the phone thanks to UMA . This experience has made me feel closer to my friends/family as well as my beloved BB. So ya.. thats my story, prolly boring and poorly written (vicodin ftw!) thought id share.

Now if only i could for sentences and not lose my train of though in the middle of them....
    06-07-08 06:18 PM
    I agree about these phones. I purchased a pearl in February but recently upgraded to the Curve. I honestly wasn't thinking this was that great of a phone until I had a similar experience (although it was my husband in the accident). My husband was in a serious automobile accident and was medivaced to a trauma hospital in Seattle. He was on a ventilator for 5 days and in ICU for 6. I honestly couldn't have made it through this ordeal without my berry. It not only kept me connected to family and friends, but it also was a lifesaver when it came to keeping notes/memos of what I needed to do, who I needed to call, etc.

This is a wonderful phone and almost went back until this recent event...I then realized it's full potential.
    06-07-08 07:04 PM
    Glad to hear you're okay!!!
    06-07-08 07:42 PM
    Glad to see your recovering well and remember say yes to vicodin right now. Its your best friend.

Had a few close calls on my bike as well but just remember don't stress on the bike. The most important thing is you're still here.

Glad your BB was there to keep you connected with friends and family.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-08 08:19 PM
    Now that is an extreme crackberry addict.
    06-07-08 08:37 PM
    Cagers suck. What kind of bike you ride? I have a 600rr.
    06-07-08 09:08 PM
    Ninja 650r.. Minor damage was done. Im hella done with that bike anyway. Think ima finally go ahead and refinance for that Triumph 675 ^_^ .

Thx for all the get well msgs/pins, really appreciate it!
    06-08-08 11:14 AM
    Awwww so touching !!
    06-08-08 12:42 PM
    awww..

and ppl say its bad to be "too available"

in times like this its necessary!
    06-12-08 11:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD