Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins reach agreement on Donovan McNabb trade - ESPN

Not sure how I feel about this and what it means for Michael Vick.

I do know trading him for a second round pick in the next draft and
    a 3rd or 4th round pick in the following draft is a slap in the face.
    04-04-10 10:37 PM
    Not only is that a slap in the face, but trading him within the division is an even bigger insult. They can say all they want about how they gave him what one of his preferences was, but the Packers didn't give Favre his preference no matter how much he whined.

I'm glad he got traded. The moment he was drafted they hated him. Typical drunk, Philly sports fan. They'd be nothing without the guy. But we knew this day was coming was Kevin Kolb was drafted.

I sincerely hope he does great for the next couple of years. Eventhough he has no O-Line or receivers. But we'll see what comes about after the draft. And I'm sure he'll sign an extension.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-10 07:50 AM
    I just feel bad for the man. He has done more for that team than any QB in the
    last 15 years and he was never appreciated. Now they are just shuffling him off.

I agree, I hope he has a few great years to rub it in Phillys face. Dolts.
    04-05-10 11:45 PM
    I hope mcnabb beats the eagles twice this year. The redskins can pick up an OT now that they have mcnabb and hopefully find him some protection. And rumors today of a Mr Owens possibly getting more attentionfrom the skins now that mcnabb is there as well as the shanahans.

04-06-10 12:14 AM
    I just feel bad for the man. He has done more for that team than any QB in the
    last 15 years and he was never appreciated. Now they are just shuffling him off.
    That's what irks at me. Philly fans blamed him for losing big games. They wouldn't have even been in big games had it not been for that man. It's not his fault that they didn't have the right offensive personnel. So easy to cry victim for those people.

04-06-10 01:07 AM
    I hear you F29. It is stuff like this that makes me appreciate sports as much as I
    do (well except the UCONN mens basketball team).

The bonehead moves in pro sports and the bowing to fans who wouldn't know a
    great player if they sat on their faces irks me to no end.

Best example for me is Cal Ripken. Played his entire career with Baltimore and
    even in his declining years the fans appreciated him and the owners recognized
    his worth and let him retire on HIS terms.

McNabb deserved to be treated much better than this.
    04-06-10 01:42 AM
    Micheal Vick is a waste I feel for McNabb...he doesn't deserve all the flack he had to deal with...

sorry Forever!!!
    04-06-10 01:43 AM
    Micheal Vick is a waste I feel for McNabb...he doesn't deserve all the flack he had to deal with...

sorry Forever!!!
    The funniest thing of all is that McNabb helped bring Michael Vick to Philly. I truly don't think he ever thought his job would be in danger with Vick. However he knew it would be with Kolb the day he got drafted.

Everyone and their mama were sure that Vick would spend a year there getting it together. And once the season was over, other teams would gain serious interest in the man and give him a shot at a starting job. In some small way, I feel that even Vick was sort of screwed here. Say what you want about what he's done in the past and how he doesn't deserve a shot anyway. But from a football perspective Michael Vick still has legitimate shot at a starting job somewhere.
    04-06-10 02:02 AM
    I hear you F29. It is stuff like this that makes me appreciate sports as much as I
    do (well except the UCONN mens basketball team).

The bonehead moves in pro sports and the bowing to fans who wouldn't know a
    great player if they sat on their faces irks me to no end.

Best example for me is Cal Ripken. Played his entire career with Baltimore and
    even in his declining years the fans appreciated him and the owners recognized
    his worth and let him retire on HIS terms.

McNabb deserved to be treated much better than this.
    Ripken is a great example. Was absolutely treated the right way and ended his streak on his own. He could've kept going if he wanted to. I also think that homerun in the all-star game had a small bit to do with it, but still. Class act.

Same went for Reggie Miller. The Pacers treated him the right way when they extended his contract out of loyalty. The media questioned it. But he still retired while in the contract instead of sticking around. Although that dude had 2 productive years left in him. I can't get over how he looks exactly the same as he did his rookie year.

Oh and Jim Calhoun is a douc.... Nevermind
    04-06-10 02:07 AM
    Dude, you don't have to preach to me about Calhoun. 1.6 million dollars wasted on
    that hack.Truth to tell Geno Auriemma is an even bigger blot on our state. His only
    saving grace is he is surrounded by talent, be it the players or assistants.

UCONN women are awesome. The men are playing for contracts, not for the team.
    That's why they only got to the NIT and lost there.
    04-06-10 02:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD