So I finally decided to trash my original iPod headphones and upgrade to an affordable set of in-ears, the Sony EX76. Sure, there are better out there, but I cannot afford them.

Anyways, how best to judge which of the sets of cups fit the best? Larges seem too large. Smalls seem to need to be pushed really far in to stay in (and perhaps make a good seal).

So, it seems the mediums are my starting point. But any thoughts on how to compare fit from one size to the next? This will mostly be used while working out at the gym so I suppose they need to be put to the sweat and activity tests for fit purposes......

Thanks ahead of time!

BTW, I have been missing so much bass! High end of the Sony's are little high for my usual tastes, but perhaps I am just used to heavily rolled off highs. And the bass....OMG!
    03-16-10 06:23 PM
    The only way I've found to fit ear buds is just trying em out, switching back and forth on a daily basis until I decide which are most comfortable.

BTW, I went thru alot of ear buds recently trying to find the best sound (Sony, Sennheiser, RCA) and I've come to the conclusion that Skullcandy Ink'd earbuds have the best sound of the one's I tried. Ironically they were also the cheapest @ around $15. I highly recommend these as (at least) a back up pair of ear buds. You might try em out and find they sound better than the Sony's.
    03-17-10 11:52 AM
    Skullcandys fit-in ear buds work great and they even have a little bass.
    I paid about 20 bucks for them at Target.

They also come with 3 different size ear plugs so they will fit perfect into your ear.
    Last edited by baberz; 03-17-10 at 11:56 AM.
    03-17-10 11:54 AM
    Try the one that seems just a bit too big. Grab your ear lobe and pull it down while twisting the bud in. I have to work on my Shures a bit to get them to really seal and fit well, but once they're in it's all good.
    03-17-10 11:55 AM
    With my Skullcandy's, I just plug em in and go. Medium fits me perfect, I just have to make sure they're in there nice and snug. I recommend you put them in your ears with music already playing, it makes it much easier to figure out how deep you should go and whether they're seated properly.

The only issue I have with these is the cord noise seems much louder than most other ear buds I've tried. You can really hear the cord scraping against your shirt or jacket when walking around. If you find the right pocket to put your MP3 player it's not too bad tho.

I usually only sit around when I'm using my headphones so it's not an issue for me.
    03-17-10 11:59 AM
    Just used my Sony's for the first time at the gym last night. Overall, I really like the sound quality. Definitely a step up from the stock buds that came with my iPod.

I do, also, have to say I am a little taken aback by the amount of cord noise. I found one positioning of the cord while I am on the elliptical that works well. I'll just throw a rubber band in my gym bag so I can keep the cord in a good spot.
    03-23-10 12:09 PM
    You should look into bluetooth.

I'm about to "invest" in a pair of Sony BT headphones because I'm willing to trade wires and cord noise for a little sound quality.
    03-23-10 01:17 PM
    You should look into bluetooth.

I'm about to "invest" in a pair of Sony BT headphones because I'm willing to trade wires and cord noise for a little sound quality.

I've had issues with BT Volume when running on equipment,

I would check out the volume before investing the money,

Also, I have a set of Pioneer In ear buds, I get no cord noise, you have to spend the money,

I think Boss makes a good set as well, again you can remove the cord noise a really good way even on cheap buds is to run them down your back when ever possible so they don't touch your jaw line
    03-23-10 04:04 PM
    Sony's Bluetooth DR-BT21G wraparound headset does A2DP, AVRCP -- Engadget

These are the ones I'm pretty sure I'm getting. A buddy has let me use his briefly and the sound is good, they actually get very loud (when paired with my Pearl at the time)

They're pretty good headphones and only around US$60-$70. For BT, that's not bad IMO. Small price to pay for no cords at all.

Oh and I'm not gonna be running on any equipment, I'm lazy. So that's covered.
    03-23-10 04:48 PM
    Sony's Bluetooth DR-BT21G wraparound headset does A2DP, AVRCP -- Engadget

These are the ones I'm pretty sure I'm getting. A buddy has let me use his briefly and the sound is good, they actually get very loud (when paired with my Pearl at the time)

They're pretty good headphones and only around US$60-$70. For BT, that's not bad IMO. Small price to pay for no cords at all.

Oh and I'm not gonna be running on any equipment, I'm lazy. So that's covered.

Good luck, I've never used Sony head phones, I don't buy from Sony on principal.
    03-23-10 04:51 PM
    Good luck, I've never used Sony head phones, I don't buy from Sony on principal.
    I try not to, I'm not a fan of the company and their products consistently disappoint me.

But from all the reviews I've read on the BT headphones (I've done some pretty thorough research) these are the best that I can afford.

Plus personal experience with the headphones means alot when I'm buying online.
    03-23-10 04:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD