Many people would love to forget about there first job. I started this thread so we can find out who really had the worst firs job
    06-30-09 11:17 PM
    I was a Newpaper boy at age 10, and worked in a Pizza Joint at age 14,

I loved being a Paper Boy
    07-01-09 01:14 AM
    I worked at a horse track before the races started and I to clean out the stalls from the year prior. The smell was awful. I was living Cali at the time and my older brother moved to OR and I went to spend the summer with him and I needed a job.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-09 01:50 AM
    I worked at mc donalds. I made your food.

07-01-09 02:42 AM
    I worked at longs drugs stocking shelves. Wasn't the funnest but those were carefree days.

07-01-09 03:32 AM
    My first (and only job) is waffle house. Not so bad but ill be crazy thankful for the end of the month when I can quit after 5 years.

07-01-09 04:30 AM
    Mine was horrible! It was at a powdered egg factory. You had to stand in front of a conveyor belt and pick out the bad eggs as they passed by. The place reeked of rotten eggs. I went to check out for lunch on my second day but couldn't find my time card. I was canned because I wasn't fast enough. That was fine by me! That first night I got home, I was so tired that when I was on my bed, when I closed my eyes, I thought I was back at the factory.

07-01-09 06:04 AM
    I worked at a local movie theater...

Ahhhh, the good old days...
    07-01-09 06:17 AM
    i worked at a dunkin donuts when i was 15
    07-01-09 07:48 AM
    Day camp counselor. Really first jobs as a teenager in high school don't count. Real worst jobs are ones like getting an engineering degree and having to work as an operator in a call center for a check guaranteeing service for 6 months.
    07-01-09 07:56 AM
    I worked at a horse track before the races started and I to clean out the stalls from the year prior. The smell was awful. I was living Cali at the time and my older brother moved to OR and I went to spend the summer with him and I needed a job.

I did that too , i dunno if i should call it my first real job as i worked for my grandparents . My grandfather was a trainer/owner at Assiniboia Downs In Winnipeg MB > I had lots of great times there lol .

My first job I got on my own was working at paper recycling plant making $17.25 a hr in 1996 , I wish i would have not been so young and stupid and stayed there longer.
    07-01-09 08:05 AM
    My first job wasn't back at all. I worked at a place called datapath and did viso drawings. age 15.
    07-01-09 09:03 AM
    First job as a teen was at McDonald's. First and only job as an adult is as an electrician. The people, experiences and chhallenges are great! But the pay is even better!

07-01-09 09:07 AM
    My first job was at Burger King.
    07-01-09 10:04 AM
    I detasseled corn at 14. It was the suck
    07-01-09 10:10 AM
    Detasseled???

Crap Amber! What did you make at 15???
    07-01-09 10:32 AM
    Detasseled???

Crap Amber! What did you make at 15???
    Corn detasseling is the crucial last step in producing hybrid corn seed. It involves removing the pollen-producing top part of the plant, the tassel, so the corn can't pollinate itself

Its a rite of passage for young midwestern teenagers
    07-01-09 10:36 AM
    AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

Glad my rites of passage didn't include that!
    07-01-09 11:28 AM
    True that. Its suckage to the ultimate extreme.

07-01-09 11:41 AM
    Wanna talk about suck...doing data entry for mortgage applications. It included re-typing 150 year old deeds, deeds so decrepid that I literally made up words.

07-01-09 12:20 PM
    I detasseled corn at 14. It was the suck
    What so hard about that? Don't you just have to pull the tassels of the corns n!pples?
    07-01-09 03:02 PM
    My first job was @ my Uncle's deli/pastry store and I loved it.
    We ate /drank for free and I even got paid - it was the best!
    07-01-09 03:53 PM
    What so hard about that? Don't you just have to pull the tassels of the corns n!pples?
    hmmmm........

no its not a complicated manual task.

however unless you have been in the middle of a cornfield on a 100 degree day, I cant expect you to imagine the suck.

not to mention 'field' corn gets much much taller than edible sweet corn. and those leaves cut the crap out of arms and legs. When its all wet from the dew in the morning is uncomfortable as well.
    07-01-09 04:00 PM
    hmmmm........

no its not a complicated manual task.

however unless you have been in the middle of a cornfield on a 100 degree day, I cant expect you to imagine the suck.

not to mention 'field' corn gets much much taller than edible sweet corn. and those leaves cut the crap out of arms and legs. When its all wet from the dew in the morning is uncomfortable as well.
    Sounds pretty cr@ppy. Have not had the pleasure of field corn on a 100 degree day. Only have sweet corn around here (although I'm sure the guy across the street grows field corn).
    07-01-09 04:25 PM
    First real job....Actually paying taxes was being a short order cook in 1980, I was 13 making $2.10/hr
    07-01-09 04:41 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD