Hello,

I'm currently searching for the best tablet that would suit my needs.

I'm all about productivity when it comes to devices, i like to be able to do what i need on what ever device I have. Ie. I use Google drive to store everything (would use Dropbox but 2gb is not enough), Google Calander, Microsoft office is a big use of my time, surf the net/youtube/movies and social media.
    However I'm not sure if i need access to certain apps like instagram or vine.

Certain points I'm stuck on are how much internal storage do i need? External storage capability? Big App store? Games?

I'm really stuck on what would best suit my needs as I've never had a tablet before other than to play around on a friend's.

Any thoughts/opinions/experiences on tablets would be helpful

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 11:42 PM
    What it really boils down to, as I see it, is what you want to use the tablet for as you've never had one before. IMO what would be a deal-breaker (for me) is the presence or lack of external backup such as an SD card slot, USB slot, etc. You say you use Google Drive to store everything so this may not be an issue for you. Not sure if you are unsure about Instagram or Vine or do care one way or the other (or may in future). Just by reading your second paragraph, it looks like most things are Google-related. Only Office is a MSFT product. That may sway you to, say an Android-based tablet rather than Microsoft unless Office was absolutely necessary and wouldn't run on it. So looking the other way, would a Microsoft tablet run the Google Drive, Calendar, etc that you use. It would run YouTube, and social media as well as surf the net. Just questions to consider. Ultimately, the best thing is to compile a list of your 'must-haves', 'like but can live without' and 'don't care'. Then go to stores and play with them. The sales people's job is to push whatever they are being told to push so go with a friend and make your own decision. Good luck!
    11-26-13 11:53 PM
    Hmm excuse me if I double posted the app was acting up. Anyways long story short, nexus 7 line may be what you are looking for.

Cheap, powerful, pure android so that means you get updates for at least 2 years.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 12:09 AM
    I'm finding that my tablets are really a nice to have not a need to have. Laptop is still the best for production and making money. Tablets (iPad and PlayBook) are still predominantly consumption devices.

Need some pow.
    11-27-13 12:37 AM
    My thoughts are that even if my most of my stuff is done by Google there is still the ability to have everything sync anyways. For instance, I can sync Gmail and my calander to my blackberry.
    I'm mostly asking others opinions on what made them get the tablet they did.
    To me usb or external ports would be a nice feature to have

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 12:54 PM