A local station just posted $1.99 a gallon gas. That means most places will follow suit in the next day or so!!

Ordinarily I wouldn't get THAT excited but I use a minimum of 100 gallons a week...this basically just cut my fuel bill in half from the summer!
    10-27-08 02:46 PM
    does it counter the stock losses though?
    10-27-08 02:56 PM
    does it counter the stock losses though?
    Everyons gotta complain about something

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-08 03:04 PM
    naw believe me im happy going on a long road trip and i was worried about 6 weeks ago now im happy
    10-27-08 03:20 PM
    A local station just posted $1.99 a gallon gas. That means most places will follow suit in the next day or so!!

Ordinarily I wouldn't get THAT excited but I use a minimum of 100 gallons a week...this basically just cut my fuel bill in half from the summer!
    never happen here in SoCal. Those days are long gone. Ill bet we will never see sub $2 gas ever again.

10-27-08 04:23 PM

Rolling my 20 sided die, hoping for a stable $1.50 or so a gallon during the winter months.
    10-27-08 04:30 PM
    prince...for many; arguably...gas falls in the category of being a necessity (for work/school for example). Therefore; high gas prices can put a serious strain on expenses; a strain that is justified enough to complain about.

Parlaying in stocks is a different matter. Stocks aren't a personal necessity; putting money into them is a willful risk. It's a liquid asset that can lose/gain liquidity fairly quickly or slowly.

When someone complains about stock woes; it should have an asterik beside the complaint. When someone shows enthusiasm about the gas prices...well that's simply a justified reaction to being a prisoner of high gas prices against our will.

But until you actually dabble in stocks enough to be able to tell people..."does it counter the stock losses though"...please keep quiet. Thanks.
    Last edited by Hi-Definition; 10-27-08 at 04:46 PM.
    10-27-08 04:43 PM
    *jealous*

$285 at a local station Sunday, but it was $2.55 with a car wash...
    10-27-08 05:34 PM
    That's great but only what it should be based on oil being less than half what it was in July. The stations here in western PA are still gouging us at 2.70 a gal. Thanks W.

10-27-08 10:01 PM
    prince...for many; arguably...gas falls in the category of being a necessity (for work/school for example). Therefore; high gas prices can put a serious strain on expenses; a strain that is justified enough to complain about.

Parlaying in stocks is a different matter. Stocks aren't a personal necessity; putting money into them is a willful risk. It's a liquid asset that can lose/gain liquidity fairly quickly or slowly.

When someone complains about stock woes; it should have an asterik beside the complaint. When someone shows enthusiasm about the gas prices...well that's simply a justified reaction to being a prisoner of high gas prices against our will.

But until you actually dabble in stocks enough to be able to tell people..."does it counter the stock losses though"...please keep quiet. Thanks.

it's more about the state of the economy in general than stock woes. the drop in gas prices reflects how our economy is doing in general, also meaning higher unemployment rates etc....
    10-27-08 10:10 PM
    That's great but only what it should be based on oil being less than half what it was in July. The stations here in western PA are still gouging us at 2.70 a gal. Thanks W.
    Precisely.

it's more about the state of the economy in general than stock woes. the drop in gas prices reflects how our economy is doing in general, also meaning higher unemployment rates etc....
    Wow. What a breakthrough and pinpoint observation, "it's more about the state of the economy in general than stock woes"...how come no one else thought of it like that?!?!? McCain, Obama, Bush, Paulson, Greenspan, Bernanke, myself, all of CB...see we all have it WRONG...asylvia is a genius. I don't know why you quoted my post; to say what you did above...Captain Obvious.
    10-27-08 10:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD