View Poll Results: Should the forum filter be changed?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, keep the filter and family friendly atmosphere

22 29.73%
  • No, I want to say what I'd like, without any filtering

14 18.92%
  • Loosen the filter, but keep the F-bombs defused

38 51.35%
07-31-10 04:43 AM
86 1234
tools
    I bet most of us *ahem* them, are just too lazy to come here off of wap so they can vote. But I bet "they" will get around to it sometime tomorrow.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-10 07:51 PM
    07-13-10 08:06 PM
    Another vote for loosen. Certain words should not be filtered while others should.

Also another vote for the bad word-changing filter.

07-13-10 08:56 PM
    It would be nice if it was possible for software to detect context...until that happens I don't know that the filters can be loosed up...maybe they can. I'm all for option 3; I can recall replying to a post somewhere on one of the SPE sites, and saying something to the effect of, I need to get off my (bottom) (word started with b, not a) (see, defeating the filters!!!) and my post showed up with ****. I wasn't amused!
    I did have this thought today...if you were to copy and paste several passages from the Bible onto CB, there is some that would get filtered, especially the passages referring to a mule or a child born out of wedlock. Even the Bible can't pass CB's filter!

I'm just sayin'...
    07-13-10 09:54 PM
    I find it amusing that you can't say J E R K but you can say Faggots.

If it's not censored, is it okay to say by CrackBerry's standards?
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 07-14-10 at 10:08 AM.
    07-14-10 09:50 AM
    Yeah, I dont mind the filtering but it definitely needs a revamp.
    07-14-10 10:07 AM
    No one else finds that weird???

07-14-10 04:10 PM
    No one else finds that weird???

From installing a few different forum software apps, they usually come pre-packaged with the naughty list. Unless you go in and manually spend a lot of time editing, you're left with someone else's idea of what is prim and proper.

And I find lots things to be weird...
    07-14-10 04:23 PM
    Like Rose O Donnel?
    07-14-10 04:25 PM
    Ummmm, now talk about something needing some serious filters...
    07-14-10 04:26 PM

Yeah, it is weird.
    07-14-10 05:51 PM
    I voted as this site is a great help to the general public and that means certian filters must be in place. With that being said most people who have phones are considered to be of the adult nature even when thier actions prove otherwise, so i hope they loosen the strings a little in the general areas and possibilly set up an adult section were it is a privledge to be a part of and if abused you could lose the privledge of using it.

just my 2 cents
    07-14-10 09:41 PM
    I cannot look at your avatar without saying... SILENCE!!! I KEEEEEEEL YOU!!!
    07-15-10 06:01 AM

OMG I did not know that! IMO that particular "F" word is in the same category as the other big "F" word. Actually, no, I think its worse. That's a word I never use because I find it just as prejudiced as the "N" word.
    But now the original "F" word is kinda one of my fav's.

07-15-10 08:58 AM
    I think ****** ***** for ***. However, ***** and **** *** then *******! Escecially ******* *** fondue.

Seriously?
    07-15-10 09:17 AM
    I think ****** ***** for ***. However, ***** and **** *** then *******! Escecially ******* *** fondue.

Seriously?
    Ummmmmmm Jen, what the *the place where Satan created the CrackBerry filter* did you just say? Damn, I can't tell crap!
    07-15-10 10:20 AM

Seriously?
    QFT +10

(10char)
    07-15-10 11:24 AM
    Don't the British use the term "fa gs" to refer to cigarettes?

07-15-10 11:33 AM
    Maybe... When I went to England I never heard it though.
    07-15-10 11:41 AM
    Maybe it's old usage. Doesn't matter I guess. Virtually any word someone somewhere is offended by will mean something non-offensive somewhere else.

Folks get way too wrapped up in being offended by words... They're just words...

07-15-10 11:47 AM
    Maybe it's old usage. Doesn't matter I guess. Virtually any word someone somewhere is offended by will mean something non-offensive somewhere else.

Folks get way too wrapped up in being offended by words... They're just words...

Some words are just words.

But some words have meaning, and wield power.

Look at titles for example.
    07-15-10 12:12 PM
    I think to make an adult thread is impossible cuz when we feel like saying smtg inappropriate is when we r already in a thread and wanna make a comment about it. How is it possible to read posts and make a comment to it when we wanna say smtg bad go to a diff thread?
    07-15-10 05:34 PM
    I think to make an adult thread is impossible cuz when we feel like saying smtg inappropriate is when we r already in a thread and wanna make a comment about it. How is it possible to read posts and make a comment to it when we wanna say smtg bad go to a diff thread?
    If you spent more time in OT I think you'd understand the concept of an adult forum more Kris. In the rest of the forums, if you feel the need to curse at someone, their post most likely needs reported.
    07-15-10 07:14 PM
    I think to make an adult thread is impossible cuz when we feel like saying smtg inappropriate is when we r already in a thread and wanna make a comment about it. How is it possible to read posts and make a comment to it when we wanna say bad go to a diff thread?
    The Swedish Mining and Tunnelling Group?

I'm so confused...
    07-15-10 09:33 PM
    No silly, Smother My Tongue in Gauze. It's filtering.
    07-15-10 09:43 PM
86 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD