View Poll Results: Should the forum filter be changed?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, keep the filter and family friendly atmosphere

22 29.73%
  • No, I want to say what I'd like, without any filtering

14 18.92%
  • Loosen the filter, but keep the F-bombs defused

38 51.35%
    I find it amusing that you can't say J E R K but you can say Faggots.

If it's not censored, is it okay to say by CrackBerry's standards?

I find it amusing that you can't say I have to U R I N A T E (which is the correct term) but you can say I have to pee or take a leak or on the other end I have diaherra.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    07-16-10 02:48 AM
    Sadly the First Amendment doesn't apply to forums like this, since it's the owner and his/her designees limiting our right to speech, not the government...

I just think off topic itself should be a "no kiddos zone" so we can have a little fun but not worry about becoming banned.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-10 07:39 AM
    Can we turn OT into a Scientology only zone?

Makes sense to me...
    07-16-10 09:31 AM
    I think the biggest problem I have is that you can't enter all caps when you need to .
    07-16-10 09:48 AM
    You NEED ATLEAST ONE WORD WITHOUT CAPS TO MAKE IT WORK FOO'

lolol jk
    07-16-10 09:49 AM
    You NEED ATLEAST ONE WORD WITHOUT CAPS TO MAKE IT WORK FOO'

lolol jk
    oR AT LEAST ONE LETTER.
    07-16-10 11:22 AM
    Oh ASDFASDGADSFGAER AFDGARGADF!
    07-16-10 11:05 PM
    No silly, Smother My Tongue in Gauze. It's filtering.
    That's what I had to do when my Mom feed me liver and onions when I was young. And that really made me want to swear.

I did like the onions so I had to take the gauze off for them.
    Last edited by middbrew; 07-16-10 at 11:20 PM.
    07-16-10 11:17 PM
    I voted to loosen the filter.

this place has turned into a ******** in my eyes.
    oh wait the filter didnt catch ********, but it will catch **** hole. stupid.
    07-17-10 09:24 AM
    LMAO. . It does catch *** - which is why I revised my signature quote.
    07-17-10 10:33 AM
    I think the problem is context. There are a lot of words (homonym thread) that can be taken two ways or more. I could list a huge pile of them and defend my actions to the mods on the virtue basic meanings but what's the point? Some people will always see the bad even though there is nothing wrong with them.

And some kids just don't get it if they read it. Take female dogs for example, *****. Most kids and some adults just know it as a bad word but it isn't in certain contexts.

At the same time I am disheartened by the level of intelligence some people display, I guess it goes both ways.

Hoe!
    I second that !. . . Though, I personally like CB's filtering. It gives a feeling of respect and friendliness
    07-17-10 01:55 PM
    I don't believe the filtering helps provide a feeling of friendliness or respect at all. Just like laws against robbing or murdering people don't really prevent robberies and murders for those bent on committing them. The thing keeping this atmosphere the way it happens to be now has little to do with the filters and mods/admin, but rather the group of participants themselves. So give yourselves a pat on the back. If this forum was full of morons and generally offensive people, they'd be that way regardless of the rules, moderation, or filters.

Folks that believe the filtering is what keeps people behaving nicely are probably the same folks that believe we need more and more government in order to function as a society and are equally as incorrect...

Sure, I agree, we need some basic rules. So, block the 4 letter words and leave everything else available to say. Really, how hard is that to figure out?

The filter as it currently exists just frustrates people due to its' inconsistencies and the seemingly random list of words it blocks/allows. It's easily bypassable if someone desires to do so, and on the less offensive words, there's a good chance I'll bypass it or look up a synonym that's not on the banned list, because it's nonsense.

Last edited by the_sandman_454; 07-17-10 at 03:32 PM.
    07-17-10 03:25 PM
    Some 4 letter words make no sense at all. Why can I say "take a crap", but "take a ****" is filtered. Yes, I said p00p.
    07-17-10 04:27 PM
    Another fine filter example:
    Hi **, hi **, it's off to work I go. Tisk tisk!
    I picked up a hooker, Otay
    07-17-10 04:29 PM
    I voted to loosen the filter.

this place has turned into a ******** in my eyes.
    oh wait the filter didnt catch ********, but it will catch **** hole. stupid.
    Well when I posted that original post with ****hole...it did not filter it.
    Damn I guess they fixed that crap.

Edit/ nope, looks like someone was sneaky and went in and edited my first post.

STUPID!
    Last edited by baberz; 07-17-10 at 07:36 PM.
    07-17-10 05:13 PM
    Some 4 letter words make no sense at all. Why can I say "take a crap", but "take a ****" is filtered. Yes, I said p00p.
    Quit making sense man, that's not allowed. .

07-17-10 08:25 PM
    I r sowwy

07-17-10 09:16 PM
    Oh well, **** it!
    07-17-10 09:25 PM
    07-17-10 09:45 PM
    Never fear.....the Super Filterer is always on the job.

07-17-10 10:07 PM
    While filtering what comes out of mouths, he forgot to filter what goes in.
    07-17-10 10:15 PM
    While filtering what comes out of mouths, he forgot to filter what goes in.
    Yep. Some may need another filter for that.
    07-17-10 10:27 PM
    I think he filtered out the healthy stuff.
    07-17-10 10:29 PM
    I think he filtered out the healthy stuff.
    seriously would 99.9 percent of us CB users really use this site if it was full of bad language?I'm sure we would find another site to benefit us instead.

07-17-10 10:55 PM
    seriously would 99.9 percent of us CB users really use this site if it was full of bad language?I'm sure we would find another site to benefit us instead.

:::: creates a joint partnership with Kevin to branch out with "PuritanBerry" ::::
    07-17-10 10:58 PM
86 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD