Nothing, absolutely nothing, can compete with these insane Canadian chefs:
    What is a French cooking addict supposed to answer ?

• awww ... man ...
    • are you serious ?
    • is that bread ?
    • where's the butter ?
    • beer at breakfast makes me fart (are those iChefs ?)
    • You guys are freakin' ogres !
    • [...] (voiceless)

06-09-12 06:55 AM
    ....nothing says Key West/Largo like starting your mid-day meal with a conch salad and Mojito, followed by.....

Grilled oysters
    Stone Crabs
    Shrimp & Lobster Cerviche
    Conch Fritters
    More Mojitos
    Raw oysters
    Crab Cakes
    More Mojitos....

Attachment 111898

Attachment 111899
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    06-09-12 08:10 AM
    Talking of oysters.. I think this may be one of the best foodie pics I've taken...

At the milwaukee public market
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    06-09-12 08:40 AM
    Talking of oysters.. I think this may be one of the best foodie pics I've taken...
    Click to view quoted image

At the milwaukee public market
    Outstanding shipmate; why eat clams when raw oysters are sooooo much better.
    06-09-12 09:56 AM
    For a friend's surprise bday party tonight:

Sriracha > Paprika
    alnamvet68 and Blkbear like this.
    06-09-12 02:08 PM
    This is the way I like my Mojito's; most places don't carry the Rum I prefer (Appleton's 12 year old Estate), so I am forced to make it at home....

Ingredients

Appleton Estate Rum
    Several fresh limes
    Raw Sugar (never use that bleached & over processed white caca)
    Seltzer or Club soda
    Fist full of fresh mint leaves
    Sea salt
    Mortar&Pestle (Granite or Stainless preferred)
    Tall glass dipped in sea salt and left in freezer for about 1 hour

1. Place several mint leaves in the mortar and pestle, along with 2 tbsp of raw sugar and 1.5 ounces of fresh sqeezed lime juice. Gently grind/crush/mash the mixture.

2. Add lime, sugar, mint mixture to glass, then add about 1/4 cup of small ice cubes.

3. Pour 3 ounces of Appleton Rum and 4 ounces of seltzer and a few fresh mint leaves, slowly stirring while filling glass with the seltzer.

C H E E R S
    06-09-12 02:18 PM

Sriracha > Paprika
    Very nice...deviled (hardboiled?) eggs with Vietnamese hot sauce. I will try that sauce the next time a make a batch of egg salad.
    06-09-12 02:22 PM
    Very nice...deviled (hardboiled?) eggs with Vietnamese hot sauce. I will try that sauce the next time a make a batch of egg salad.
    Sriracha and eggs go together like pb&j. And your mojito recipe is truly mouthwatering!
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    06-09-12 02:45 PM
    I've been chasin' skirts ever since I hit puberty, and at my age, I'm still hot to trot for more skirt.............

.....steak, that is; and it goes so well with black beans and white rice.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    06-09-12 05:50 PM

Sriracha > Paprika
    Why haven't I ever thought about that.. Culinary genius!!!! Yummy..... How do we get an invite?
    06-09-12 06:45 PM
    Why haven't I ever thought about that.. Culinary genius!!!! Yummy..... How do we get an invite?
    Bring clams.....plenty of fresh clams.
    06-09-12 07:41 PM
    Any better comfort food than WTFBBQ ribs?

Ok, maybe a pot roast, but it's gotta be homemade.
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    06-10-12 12:15 AM
    Any better comfort food than WTFBBQ ribs?

Ok, maybe a pot roast, but it's gotta be homemade.
    The perfect accompaniment to babyback/St Louis style ribs. Key ingredients are lemon-lime juice, Dijon mustard, and a smidgen of honey. Slaw ingredients are your choice; could be simply red and green cabbage with carrots, or broccoli, etc.

06-10-12 06:35 AM
    The perfect accompaniment to babyback/St Louis style ribs. Key ingredients are lemon-lime juice, Dijon mustard, and a smidgen of honey. Slaw ingredients are your choice; could be simply red and green cabbage with carrots, or broccoli, etc.

Ooh that does sound good.. Will have to try it next time.

Fuji apple pancakes with some cb friends!!!
    06-10-12 12:34 PM
    This is my favorite slaw recipe..
    Happy Talk cole slaw
    1 small head cabbage-shredded
    8 tablespoons slivered almonds
    2 tablespoons sesame seeds
    4 tablespoons sugar
    4 green onions (greens only)
    2 pkg ramon noodles
    1 cup safflower/sunflower oil
    6 tablespoon rice vinegar (seasoned)

Mix oil and vinegar and set aside overnight.

Lightly toast almonds in pan w/ margarine. Add sesame seeds and toast til light brown,, set aside to cool.

Mix sugar and cabbage... Add green onions (chopped) and almonds/sesame.

1 hour before.. Mix in 3/4 of dressing.. Add more dressing if needed but don't drown.

Immediately before serving.. Crunch up raw ramen noodles (throw away soup pack), mix and serve.
    06-10-12 03:10 PM

Sriracha > Paprika
    Sriracha makes anything bland, taste much better! *BURP*
    06-10-12 06:40 PM
    Ooh that does sound good.. Will have to try it next time.

Fuji apple pancakes with some cb friends!!!
    I rather enjoyed the Smokehaus Omelet, myself, although your pancakes looked tasty. Always nice to have fun with friends, especially over a good meal!
    06-10-12 07:00 PM
    Nice looking coleslaw Al. We have a place called Pork Shoppe here, with extrememly unique coleslaw, that's out of this world.

Definitely Bear! :::: passes napkin ::::

Anything tastes better with good company to share it. So nice to have you over again bro, and especially to finally meet Mila, after all this time. Last night, snacking at it's finest. Who doesn't love this crude, simplistic bliss?

Grabbed a gelato at the Andersonville Midsommarfest today. Fantastic way to cool off.

Dinner at The Bagel. One juicy, tender, skirt steak sandwich
    06-10-12 10:11 PM
    Flat iron steak....mystery meat you ask? Not really, just a cut of beef that was not common until recently; the only cut of beef more tender then this pedestrian gem is filet mignon, and some unscrupulous restaurants have cut this meat shaped to look like tenderloin and pass it off as filet mignon. Anyway, this cut is readily available from your fave butcher or supermarket, and is about half the cost of its very close kissing cousin, the tenderloin.

Best to marinade in a simple ponzu sauce and grill to taste. Serve with chimichuri and be prepared to change your shorts.

06-12-12 06:25 AM
    No matter how bad the day at work, I can always bring a smile to my face, warm my heart, sate my appetite, and be the envy of my coworkers.

A fine example of what's on for lunch daily, from my bag. Made with love and care. Thanks baby!

cerealberry likes this.
    06-12-12 07:35 AM
    If Ed posts ANY more pictures of food before I've eaten I'm gonna kick his your know WHAT!!!!!!!
    06-12-12 09:22 AM
    If Ed posts ANY more pictures of food before I've eaten I'm gonna kick his your know WHAT!!!!!!!
    May I suggest.....

alnamvet68 likes this.
    06-12-12 09:52 AM
    Gotta' love it....MOD's kick each other's arses over food pics, and us members get to sit idly by enjoying the show....

In the mean time, savor this...

06-12-12 10:16 AM
    Actually it's my own fault, I'm a glutton for punishment! LOL BUT fortunately I got a bacon egg and cheese shortly there after....

06-12-12 10:23 AM
    Actually it's my own fault, I'm a glutton for punishment! LOL BUT fortunately I got a bacon egg and cheese shortly there after....

"Pass the Gas-X!!"

06-12-12 11:21 AM
214 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD