I regulary go on the internet trolling through so many vets pages etc looking for ways to calm my Staffy down.

Hes so hyper. I know hes a puppy and damn i love how hes hyper. But this is different. Its spontanious hyperness. I.e when a puppys hyper hes like that all time untill you play him out. But Tyler my dog. We can be sat down or laying in bed. Then suddenly he will start panting hard and running up and down. Up and down .

I rescued him from someone who was hitting him (nearly got me arrested) but iv spent nearly or maybe just over 1000 on vet bills due to him having a very weak stomach etc.

Do you think its worth me taking him back to the vets. Its not the fact that hes hyper. But its making a rift in my house. The vet i went ot before says he could be diabetic.
    04-17-09 07:50 AM
    Ny-Quil will calm him down.

( i say that jokingly and do not recommened giving a puppy nyquil....)

i have 2yr old Husky/artic Wolf mix. and she is hyper as all get out, i recommened "playing hard" with them for about 45mins/1hr before you go to bed to burn some of the energy off...
    Last edited by mjneid; 04-17-09 at 08:08 AM.
    04-17-09 08:06 AM
    And a noose ?
    04-17-09 08:08 AM
    If you have a treadmill you can turn it on and let the puppy run on that for awhile.

I have a 6 month old German Shepherd so I know all about hyper puppies.
    04-17-09 08:22 AM
    Good for you for the rescue! Puppies are going to be hyper like that. It's normal. You just have to wait until the puppy stage passes. Try to enjoy it. They're so cute then. Make sure you play a lot with it. That will help get rid of some of that energy. Also, a trip to the dog park is always.fun and they're pooped when they get home.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-09 09:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD