Do you have an English Mastiff?
    We just got our first pet, a male brindle English Mastiff we named "Kingston".
    Would love to hear from other's who have an English Mastiff.
    All the best.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-10 07:22 PM
    My family has always had at least 1 Bull Mastiff in the household since before I was born.

I know, it's not an english mastiff, but close enough! lol

One male, we named Bully was about 150 lbs.

He was like a pony.
    05-14-10 07:52 PM
    Nope but I have a Shih Tzu named Jax
    05-14-10 11:24 PM
    I have a shepherd/lab (aka-"Mississippi 3 Legger") named Bear

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-15-10 12:25 AM
    I like those dogs but never had one. I always seem to end up with a pitbull for some reason. Wonderful dogs, I really love them.

My second choice after a mastiff is a Presa Canario though, super powerful and not something you ever want to mess with. I love strong man-killers though, why would anyone want something different?
    05-15-10 08:50 PM
    pit/boxer mix for me.

dumb as heck, but so sweet and friendly.
    05-15-10 09:05 PM
    Our friends have one, and the thing just hates me...don't know why. I've never been anything but friendly to her. Every time she sees me she just goes crazy; maybe I'm just ugly. Pretty scary to have that huge of a dog barking at you (and I've always been a dog person, so I'm not scared of them or anything like that.)

Edit:also have some friends that had a Rottweiler that totally blew away my wrong misconceptions about the breed. Was as gentle as a lamb if her owners introduced you to her. She would let our (at the time) 6month old crawl all over her. If I ever have the space for a big dog, I'm getting a Rott puppy and training it right.
    Last edited by john_v; 05-15-10 at 09:53 PM.
    05-15-10 09:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD