Hey Pete, at least you can feel confident that you and your
    wife gave him the best start possible. Two loving and adoring
    parents. Charlotte is a really nice city. And if he is anything like
    his old man, he'll do well.
    Thanks AG. He's already doing well. He is not as competitive as me though. It makes him a nicer person than me and he has better people skills than I do but he lacks my killer business instinct.

If I had to choose, I probably like to be him next time round. This time araound, I 'll stick with me.
    09-02-08 07:54 AM
    Good morning Pete. Just stopping in to check on you. Hope you are feeling much better today.
    09-02-08 07:58 AM
    Good luck to you Pete as you start a new phase of your life. Charlotte NC is a wonderful area. Look like you've given him all the tools for success.
    09-02-08 08:07 AM
    Good morning Pete. Just stopping in to check on you. Hope you are feeling much better today.
    Hey Terry. Thanks for asking. David finally got to his appartment yeaterday morning EST at about 10:00AM. He sent us an SMS and I got an email today so I guess he has found an internet connexion someplace.

So far Mrs. Pete6 and I are saying "well, it's just like he's away on a trip.". He travelled a lot to Hong Kong, Shanghai and all over Europe as well asto the States a couple times a year so on day two, it's just like he's off again.

We knoew this was going to happen and we planned for it. My guess is that slowly we will acclimatize to him not beng there and will watch with interest as he builds his life there.

Had a panic over medical insurance (he forgot to get any fo the 1st month) but the wife sorted that out. Somehow that ended up on my credit card - oh well.
    09-02-08 11:01 AM
    Good luck to you Pete as you start a new phase of your life. Charlotte NC is a wonderful area. Look like you've given him all the tools for success.
    Thanks, my guess is that if he settles there then Charlotte, NC is in my/our future too. I'm English but since my kid has married an American then my wife and I are eligible for green cards.

If we do come an live in the US then I will simply retire - I'm 63 just after Christmas so I'll give him 2 years on his own and sell up here and get on the plane. Golf, Nascar, beer and CrackBerry in NC does not sound at all bad to me. I have lived in the US before so I know what to expect - nice people, cheap beer and good steaks. Bit worried about the water shortage though.
    09-02-08 11:06 AM
    You should really be commended, not just for raising a great son, but also having an open enough mind to see that you are in some pain from his departure and can discuss this with (mostly) total strangers...

I know many a friend whose parents just freak out and try to bar them from leaving and starting a new part of their life...

you're a great man pete, drink a beer and reacquaint yourself with the wife, maybe another honeymoon is in order, celebrate man!
    09-02-08 01:38 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD