Just not a Christmas person. Hating this time of year more and more every year, and I know I'm not the only one.
    12-24-10 06:59 PM
    Can't say I agree with you, that being said I'd be a lot happier with the playbook in my stocking

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-10 07:19 PM
    I am in the boat with you. Absolutely cannot stand this time of year. Excited for the 26th already.
    12-24-10 09:15 PM
    I love the idea of Christmas, although I must admit I don't care for the typical American execution of it. I wish I could just spend a quiet day with my immediate family, without the stress and everything that accompanies traveling and all that.
    That being said, despite how stupid we are about it all, and despite the immense commercialization of the holiday, gotta admit that I love Christmas.
    12-25-10 01:10 AM
    to me Christmas is about the kids and the older generations (grandparents). just let me spend the day with my wife and son, parents and/or in-laws and the grandparents. i hate all the going here and there and just to see who got what. but i have to admit....this was the best christmas i have ever had! my son is almost 2 and this year was awesome! sorry that i don't feel the same as you but i do know how you feel...i wasn't always happy on the holidays.
    12-25-10 08:15 PM
    Me too OP, but I also tend to get like this around my birthday too. Not sure why but I've been this way my whole adult life. Glad today is Xmas and I can finally say good riddance!

12-26-10 05:55 AM
    Every Christmas I pray that the next years Christmas will be "merry" and "magical" for my husband and myself and not just my daughter, nieces, and nephews. For whatever reason something awful always happens this time of year! Apparently my last years Christmas prayers have gone unfulfilled. Just 10 days before Christmas I was mauled by a dog roaming free in my neighborhood I sustained major injury in which I haven't been able to work since and the f***er almost killed my dog. Ummmm yeah Merry Christmas... ='(

12-26-10 06:49 AM
    There is allot of mass-spending and people going overboard on it all. I don't give a crap if I don't get any, or few gifts, as it is the thought that counts more than anything else.

12-26-10 01:52 PM
    I celebrate anything and everything that comes my way that allows me to take a few days off work and surprise my kids with gifts. I am not Christian, but it doesn't stop me from having some fun with the family.

@rlindydiane: I have the birthday curse that is similar to yours - something always happens around my birthday, which is usually spent in the ER with one of my children, bad news from abroad or some other bull****. I don't plan anything for my birthday and have not celebrated it for at least 10 years now. I know how you feel. I hope you feel better and recover fast from the dog attack.
    rlindydiane likes this.
    12-27-10 09:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD