Any music lovers?
    For the music lovers what Earphones do you use with your blackberry to get the perfect sound Quality
    Last edited by Erniesmit; 07-26-12 at 02:21 PM.
    07-26-12 01:48 PM
    Oh lord, those things are crap. Anything from Audio Technica, AKG,Sennheiser,
    Shure and yes even Koss will blow those over-priced, over-hyped headphones
    out of the water
    07-26-12 02:09 PM
    Us south Africans are a little out of luck because none of those brands are sold here if I'd want those I'd have to import but seeing as Beats are crap I'll have to import some (:
    07-26-12 02:19 PM
    Didn't notice your locale Honestly though, there are headphones that are 1/4 the
    cost of any model of Beats that will outperform them.

Are Pioneer, JVC, or Bose available in South Africa?
    07-26-12 04:02 PM
    Pioneer and JVC yes but only for car audio and home theater systems
    Bose no don't have it
    There is
    Beats
    Sakyno
    Logic
    Skullcandy
    Logitech
    Sony
    Those are the only brand Earphones we have here that I've seen
    Last edited by Erniesmit; 07-26-12 at 04:14 PM.
    07-26-12 04:12 PM
    I have both BOSE and Beats, but I use my BOSE earplugs most of the time (80%). I use the BEATS headphones when I want to cancel everything and everyone out . I find that the BEATS need a longer breakin period than most headphones, but are very good for what they were designed for (MEGA BASS). As many endorsements as the BEATS brand have (Android, HTC, HP, professional athletes, Chrysler, just to name a few) they can't be as awful as some would have you to believe......I think their very good.....IMO
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    07-26-12 05:49 PM
    I have both BOSE and Beats, but I use my BOSE earplugs most of the time (80%). I use the BEATS headphones when I want to cancel everything and everyone out . I find that the BEATS need a longer breakin period than most headphones, but are very good for what they were designed for (MEGA BASS). As many endorsements as the BEATS brand have (Android, HTC, HP, professional athletes, Chrysler, just to name a few) they can't be as awful as some would have you to believe......I think their very good.....IMO
    The endorsements have nothing to do with quality. They are all mostly the result
    of cashing in on a celebrity tie-in. People automatically any music accessory bearing
    Dr Dre's name must be good.

As to the quality, I will stand by my assertion that most notable brand sets at even
    a fraction of the cost will deliver better performance and sound quality.
    07-26-12 06:14 PM
    The endorsements have nothing to do with quality. They are all mostly the result
    of cashing in on a celebrity tie-in. People automatically any music accessory bearing
    Dr Dre's name must be good.

As to the quality, I will stand by my assertion that most notable brand sets at even
    a fraction of the cost will deliver better performance and sound quality.
    Interesting, unfortunately I don't agree with that analysis. I find that majority of well known people as well as products will not promote "garbage" especially not combine their name on the same product. I have done extensive research in my 45+ years and once again I have to disagree with your OPINION that MOST products deliver the quality at half the price of the counterparts....."you pay for what you get".....sounds familiar.
    07-26-12 07:26 PM
    I really liked iFrog with my phone but I broke my headphones. Currently on the lookout for some myself! I would probs go for skullcandy - earphones with mic are the best for our phones I reckon using some rubbish ebay ones at the minute, lol. Hope you find some good quality earphones! Amazon have amazing prices

sent from my kawaii blackberry 9900 :3
    07-26-12 07:41 PM
    For in-ear, I have the Klipsch Image S4i and love them. The remote control works great with my Bold.

For over-the-ear, I have a set of AKG Q460 phones. I find them to be fairly balanced (I can't stand headphones that are too bass heavy), and they tread the line between comfort and portability.
    07-26-12 07:42 PM
    For in-ear, I have the Klipsch Image S4i and love them. The remote control works great with my Bold.

For over-the-ear, I have a set of AKG Q460 phones. I find them to be fairly balanced (I can't stand headphones that are too bass heavy), and they tread the line between comfort and portability.
    Excellent set. One of the best IMO.
    rtergdvasdfg likes this.
    07-26-12 07:54 PM
    Interesting, unfortunately I don't agree with that analysis. I find that majority of well known people as well as products will not promote "garbage" especially not combine their name on the same product.
    Right, because lord knows celebrities cannot possibly be marketing whores

"you pay for what you get".....sounds familiar.
    It would have had it not been backwards
    07-26-12 08:00 PM
    Right, because lord knows celebrities cannot possibly be marketing whores

It would have had it not been backwards
    LOL....yeah you're right on the last quote . I guess the bottom line is what type of music and how a person likes to hear his/her music. Over the years I've experimented with quite a few different brands and I LIKE what I LIKE, but I don't "bash" other products. Enough of that is already going around in these forums
    07-26-12 08:11 PM
    LOL....yeah you're right on the last quote . I guess the bottom line is what type of music and how a person likes to hear his/her music. Over the years I've experimented with quite a few different brands and I LIKE what I LIKE, but I don't "bash" other products. Enough of that is already going around in these forums
    I agree and though strongly worded it wasn't meant to be a bash. I just
    feel there is much better than the Beats stuff.
    07-26-12 08:53 PM
    I bought a pair of earphones today made by BGN haven't seen the brand anywhere before but they do sound better than the beats
    07-28-12 08:57 AM
    I bought a pair of earphones today made by BGN haven't seen the brand anywhere before but they do sound better than the beats
    I have never heard of that brand. Is that an brand sold exclusively South Africa?
    07-28-12 12:37 PM
    Yeah OooooooKay, glad they meet your expectations
    07-28-12 01:00 PM
    Perfect set of lightweight cans for the phone is the Sennheiser PX-100II. You can buy the standard headphone or pay extra to have the mic adapter included.

They fold up like a pair of sunglasses, they weigh practically nothing, they expand so people with big fat heads like me will have no issues, and they come with a nice lined canvas pouch.

The Sound? Perfect at their price point. They don't suffer the atypical broken up bass, mutilated mids, and shrill highs that usually cause listening fatigue. They have the Sennheiser house sound they strive for in most of their sets. Solid bass, smooth mids, and warm sounding highs. Its the kind of sound that makes it comfortable to listen for hours.

Comparison? If anyone has tried Bose headphones, the Senns will have a tighter, more solid bass, they will sound more open making the mids easier to distinguish, and the highs are clear and smooth were the Bose headphones don't really present the highs at all, they just kinda roll off and disappear.
    07-28-12 01:12 PM
    Comparison? If anyone has tried Bose headphones, the Senns will have a tighter, more solid bass, they will sound more open making the mids easier to distinguish, and the highs are clear and smooth were the Bose headphones don't really present the highs at all, they just kinda roll off and disappear.
    I agree with all of that especially the recommendation. Oddly, my aggravation with
    Bose in general has always been the mid-range performance. While the highs and bass
    always seems solid to me the mids sound muddled.
    07-28-12 01:23 PM
    I have never heard of that brand. Is that an brand sold exclusively South Africa?
    I don't think so its made in taiwan but my one friend showed me his earphones today made by bose and I also know which store he bought it from so I'll be getting them tomorrow so then I'll probably be satisfied lol

Has anyone seen the ShoX External mini speakers made by tevo?
    I bought one today to use with my blackberry on those days I don't feel like using Earphones
    They are nice and loud lots of bass too definitely something to try if your a music lover not sure if they are sold worldwide though
    07-28-12 05:13 PM
    I agree with all of that especially the recommendation. Oddly, my aggravation with
    Bose in general has always been the mid-range performance. While the highs and bass
    always seems solid to me the mids sound muddled.
    I think you may be right, its been awhile since I tried a set of Bose. The bass definitely lacks impact and is muddy, the mids are missing, and the highs, although present have been destroyed by the lack of high mids where vocals reside. And the highs are rolled off a bit.

Senn has a PX-90 now, even smaller and more light weight. From what I read though, PX-100 users are not impressed. It only makes sense though, smaller drivers, less expensive.

I can't say much about IEM's since I never found a pair that sealed well and so I have always used buds and on-ear cans.

I am selling a Stello stack with some 650's, Stefan Audio Art HP cable, and lots of solid copper Audioquest cables on eBay now. Really enjoyed it, but my collection isnt big enough or loaded with high-end recordings so I put the rig on fleabay.

I probably wont sleep for a few days after its sold.
    08-02-12 10:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD