I just got back from the cubs game today and as always I love going to wrigley field. Today they lost and it was cold enough in the park to make you cry but I still loved it. Conan Obrien ran out on to the field before the came for a bit and Cub legend Ron Santo sang take me out to the ball game.Have have been to alot of other ballparks with many other newer features but I still but wrigley on the top of all other ballparks. So I know this is a thread more towards baseball fans but what is your guys favorite ballpark?
    05-17-09 09:33 PM
    Rangers Ballpark in Arlington. Modern Amenities in a classic style.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 01:07 AM
    at&t in SF. im the hugest A's fan, but AT&T is amazing. i have a friend that was murdered outside of the parking lot, so i dont go there often anymore
    05-18-09 01:37 AM
    I have been to a couple of ball parks lik that. The old white soxs ball park was like that and in Miami Joe Robbie was another. As soon as the game ended it was like beeing released into a warzone and you hoped that your car was still there so you could leave as fast as you can.

05-18-09 03:00 AM
    Wrigley is hands down the best. I'm planning a trip to Fenway as soon as the finances improve, but Wrigley is amazing. I got to take a Cards fan and his family to their first Wrigley game this summer, and they loved it too.

05-18-09 03:01 AM
    Yeah I hate the red soxs but fenway is amazing too. I also took my mom to a cards game at bush stadium. But she keeps bugging me to take her to wrigley with my daughter.

05-18-09 03:14 AM
    Now I can see your picture, nice....

Miller Park is really nice, but it's just not the same...
    05-18-09 04:21 AM
    I've been to the home parks of the Rangers, Orioles, Indians, and Red Sox. Actually, I drive past Fenway twice each day. All the parks I've been to were terrific, in their own way. With the exception of Fenway, they are all really nice. The Ballpark at Arlington had the friendliest staff and fans I've ever met.
    My favorite ballpark so far though, is probably Harbor Park in Norfolk, Virginia, home of the Tides. Beautiful park, good baseball, and a great deal. Dickie-Stephens stadium in Little Rock, Arkansas is also really great, and has terrific BBQ nachos as well.
    Sure, they aren't the majors, but I did see Mike Piazza play in Norfolk, and Troy Tulowitzki play in Little Rock.
    05-18-09 04:56 AM
    So u don't like Fenway?
    05-18-09 05:03 AM
    Fenway is awesome...it really is an experience, and it's so full of history.

With that being said, if some brand new team built a stadium just like Fenway tomorrow, everyone would hate it. The sight lines are horrible, there's plenty of obstructed view seats, the seats are very crowded, if you can buy tickets at the box office, they are still ridiculously expensive, and Sox fans can be a bunch of a**holes.

I still recommend everyone go and see a game there, though.
    05-18-09 05:07 AM
    Fenway baby!
    Go Sox

05-18-09 05:09 AM
    I love the old stadiums. I have a friend that went to new Yankee stadium and said it was nice but just to expensive. He split a 20 game package with a guy he works with and he almost had to get a 2nf morage to pay for it. My in laws have season tickets to the cubs for 20 plus years snd if the cubs built a new stadium tomorrow I could not see them beeing able to afford such a jump in price as the Yankee management did to their fans.

05-18-09 07:19 AM
    PNC park in pittsburgh is pretty cool, too bad our team sucks....
    05-18-09 07:25 AM
    Well, my plan has been to drive out east and stop at as many games as possible. Some possibilities: Detroit, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Philly, DC, NY x2, and Boston....
    05-18-09 07:38 AM
    Citizens Bank Park in Philly! Home of the World Series Champs, Phillies!!!!!

05-18-09 07:54 AM
    Never heard of 'em.....

05-18-09 07:55 AM
    I think cubs fans including myself are great but Philly fans are crazy.

05-18-09 09:11 AM
    Love me some turner field.
    And I have yet to see the new Gwinnett Braves stadium that is only 10 minutes from me! Maybe that another fun thing I will do this weekend!
    05-18-09 09:21 AM
    Fifth Third Field in Toledo, Ohio home of the Toledo Mud Hens
    05-18-09 09:55 AM
    Great American Ball Park - Home of the Cincinnati Reds.

05-18-09 11:27 AM
    Shea Stadium and for purely nostalgic reasons Camden Yard
    will always be my favorite
    05-18-09 11:51 AM
    Fenway Pahk.
    It's the only one I've ever been to.

05-18-09 12:08 PM
    I'll put a plug in for Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City, also, especially since the renovations are completed. It is a beautiful park, and a blast when the I-70 series is played. I liked a lot better after I discovered that paying extra for better seats was getting more seat room!

05-18-09 12:41 PM
    I've been to Dodger Stadium, Angel Stadium and Fenway. I don't get the appeal that Dodger fans around here find with Dodger stadium. Getting in and out is terrible. Angel stadium is just "whatever" to me. Fenway is terrible in my opinion. Small seats, and those fans got on my nerves, and I'm a Sox fan since childhood.

I haven't spent a cent on a sporting event by the way since 2004 so I can go much into anything recent.
    05-18-09 12:55 PM
    Fenway IS totally cramped. And I hated, hated, HATED taking the T after a game. Good god, it was insane. No seats, overcrowded cars, and feeling like a sardine. Add in that people in Boston are naturally rude and seem to feel like they're entitled to whatever they want, and you've got an ugly mix.

05-18-09 01:46 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD